Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 12:35 AM   #1326
jesse_r
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 200419
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: caldwell udaho
Vehicle:
1998 forester
canyon red pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmalernee View Post
cool guys let me know how many of you want one. this is a perfect time to get a e85 tune for you guys running pump. he wants to come out in a couple weeks. i think we should have a meet and tune maybe install day all in one
it might have to be a weekend thing to make sure guys who work saturdays can get in it
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jesse_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:45 AM   #1327
BrendanM
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 238990
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, Idaho
Vehicle:
05 STi
CGM

Default

I'm new to subi's and I have a AP v1, but I don't have the AC adapter for it. I need to load new maps for it and I can't. Does anyone have one I can barrow for a day?
BrendanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:54 PM   #1328
CGM_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66280
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Sedan
Crystal Gray Metalic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanM View Post
I'm new to subi's and I have a AP v1, but I don't have the AC adapter for it. I need to load new maps for it and I can't. Does anyone have one I can barrow for a day?
I have one, I am sure others do as well. If you are free next weekend I might be able to come over for long enough for you to load some maps.
CGM_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:16 PM   #1329
ejmalernee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129989
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Pensacola/FL
Vehicle:
2002 impreza 2.5Rsti
silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_r View Post
it might have to be a weekend thing to make sure guys who work saturdays can get in it
yeah hes coming here for a week or too just to hang out too so we can set many dates.
ejmalernee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:26 PM   #1330
BrendanM
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 238990
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise, Idaho
Vehicle:
05 STi
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM_WRX View Post
I have one, I am sure others do as well. If you are free next weekend I might be able to come over for long enough for you to load some maps.
Yuh, if that will work for the sti I'll buy you lunch.
BrendanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:33 PM   #1331
CGM_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66280
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Sedan
Crystal Gray Metalic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanM View Post
Yuh, if that will work for the sti I'll buy you lunch.
I am almost certain the AC adapter is the same for all of v1 AP's.

Send me a PM closer to the weekend and we can figure out a time to meet. Say Friday evening or Saturday morning.
CGM_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #1332
shiza
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 95623
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Mt. Home, Idaho
Default

Big thanks to Xissix for rolling the fenders on a friends car so I can hill climb it!
shiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #1333
Xissix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 85985
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Meridian, ID
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiza View Post
Big thanks to Xissix for rolling the fenders on a friends car so I can hill climb it!
Anytime How did they turn out, get rid of all the rubbing?
Xissix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #1334
shiza
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 95623
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Mt. Home, Idaho
Default

Turned out great. On the on ramp to 84 I had him turn hard a few times trying to get them to hit and nothing. He really likes my tires haha 225's with 140 tread wear are apparently better then 185's with 400 tread wear.
shiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #1335
Wrx_Fan_0717
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152080
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Pensacola, FL
Vehicle:
6266 Precision'd Big
Cam'd 2.55l 6spd Bugeye

Default

Hey guys i'm the tuner in question. I CANNOT solicit business directly from NASIOC. I am NOT a vendor. I am in the work to get the ball rolling so i can talk about it openly on this forum. I am a huge fan and supporting member and do not want to be kicked off the site as some have.

If you would like to check the FWB/Destin/Niceville scoobs (or any local area forum) and ask about my tunes there and get an honest opinion from folks who have received them. I will not say a word.

I have tuned 200+ cars at this point all across the nation and I prefer to tune only Subarus. I am not shop affiliated (well for at least the next month or so), but that has nothing to do with the quality of my work. I am a perfectionist and my customer speak of my work not I.

I should be local within the next month. I just ask PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, no discussions of price, retaining me, or other etc items. Please PM ejmalernee or myself, as this is more of a leisure trip and not a money making trip. I heard tales or HORRID tunes in the area and i'm coming on vacation ONLY, but i will help out you Boise scoobs and help the plethora of your tuning woes.

I can answer tuning questions, but not price or retainerment!! However, shoot away with tuning related question or mal-tuning related issues you're having or what you want done. I will check in periodically.



(mods if any of this is out of line or seem like it's soliciting business i will remove it without a question asked as i know i have yet to finalize my vendor status)
Wrx_Fan_0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #1336
Wrx_Fan_0717
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152080
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Pensacola, FL
Vehicle:
6266 Precision'd Big
Cam'd 2.55l 6spd Bugeye

Default

Also, Ezra is gay.............watch your backside.


Wrx_Fan_0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:23 AM   #1337
ejmalernee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129989
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Pensacola/FL
Vehicle:
2002 impreza 2.5Rsti
silver

Default

^^^*******. I'm the gay one? Your coming to visit me lol. But there you go guys let me know how many wanna meet up I think a big meet is in order. Also we need to do a drive again.
ejmalernee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 AM   #1338
petewilson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216199
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
yeah thats not the point, its dangerous, style is nothing w/o safety

hard cornering ->pop bead ->flip the car ..

avoiding an animal could be a life altering experience

very expensive wide rim yet too cheep to buy wide enough tires ..

Urg, this topic has been exhausted, Thats my car, those are my wheels. Honestly that is a very mild stretch, stretching the tires reduces sidewall flex due to the tension on the tire. There is no way I am going to pop a bead, especially just avoiding an animal. My car has seen plenty of mountain runs on those tires and a fair share of sideways action too. I also have a pair of sti bbs's i throw on when i really wanna mash it. Ezra is right its for style, (btw the green is on its way out, something new soon.)
petewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:46 AM   #1339
jesse_r
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 200419
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: caldwell udaho
Vehicle:
1998 forester
canyon red pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx_Fan_0717 View Post
Hey guys i'm the tuner in question. I CANNOT solicit business directly from NASIOC. I am NOT a vendor. I am in the work to get the ball rolling so i can talk about it openly on this forum. I am a huge fan and supporting member and do not want to be kicked off the site as some have.

If you would like to check the FWB/Destin/Niceville scoobs (or any local area forum) and ask about my tunes there and get an honest opinion from folks who have received them. I will not say a word.

I have tuned 200+ cars at this point all across the nation and I prefer to tune only Subarus. I am not shop affiliated (well for at least the next month or so), but that has nothing to do with the quality of my work. I am a perfectionist and my customer speak of my work not I.

I should be local within the next month. I just ask PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, no discussions of price, retaining me, or other etc items. Please PM ejmalernee or myself, as this is more of a leisure trip and not a money making trip. I heard tales or HORRID tunes in the area and i'm coming on vacation ONLY, but i will help out you Boise scoobs and help the plethora of your tuning woes.

I can answer tuning questions, but not price or retainerment!! However, shoot away with tuning related question or mal-tuning related issues you're having or what you want done. I will check in periodically.



(mods if any of this is out of line or seem like it's soliciting business i will remove it without a question asked as i know i have yet to finalize my vendor status)
ill be the first to thank ya for the cars you might tune since it is greatly needed
jesse_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #1340
Jaxx
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 177
Join Date: Aug 1999
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Boise,Idaho,USA
Vehicle:
The 93 Imp W/EJ20K
flat black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx_Fan_0717 View Post
Also, Ezra is gay.............watch your backside.


any experience with power-fc /datalogit
Jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #1341
Wrx_Fan_0717
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152080
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Pensacola, FL
Vehicle:
6266 Precision'd Big
Cam'd 2.55l 6spd Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_r View Post
ill be the first to thank ya for the cars you might tune since it is greatly needed
No problem like I said it's mainly a vacation, but I figured i'll bring my crap to help up the Boise scoobs in their tuning woes.

I have plenty enough to keep me busy here. Being an full-time engineering major and tuning on the side as much as I do is an arduous task.

I've never been to Boise, SLC etc either I think it would be neat to check it out. I got as close as Cheyenne, WY and that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
any experience with power-fc /datalogit
Not with Apexi's in particular. I do with stand-alones. The FC isn't the most common. Although, with cars the basic premise of tuning is virtually the same......well different cars like different things, but you get the picture. I heard it's pretty nice though.....I would love to open it up and explore the guts of the tunability.

I doubt it has anything i wouldn't be able to handle. I would just have to take it super slow, methodical, and won't make changes unless i'm sure beyond a reasonable doubt of the end result.
I probably wouldn't even charge to look at it and touch it up as there would be a learning curve for me as well. Usually EMs i'm not very familular with i don't charge. I just don't think it's fair. You pay for expertise and nothing else what's the point in charging. The last couple NIStunes maps i did were free.

(I have tuned many cars from GMs, Fords, Evos, DSMs, Nissans, to Hondas because i have't tuned a particular EM doesn't mean i can't)
Wrx_Fan_0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #1342
CGM_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66280
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Sedan
Crystal Gray Metalic

Default

I always wanted to have a custom map made for my AccessPort but I am not sure if it is really worth it. I just have a turbo back with a catless uppipe and I very rarely drive the car hard.
CGM_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #1343
ejmalernee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129989
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Pensacola/FL
Vehicle:
2002 impreza 2.5Rsti
silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM_WRX View Post
I always wanted to have a custom map made for my AccessPort but I am not sure if it is really worth it. I just have a turbo back with a catless uppipe and I very rarely drive the car hard.
Getting a good tune will help even if you dont get on it that much. APs off the shelf tunes run cars rich, so getting a protune can help with that. It will give your car a better everyday feel. But anthony could tell you better than me lol.
ejmalernee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #1344
Xissix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 85985
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Meridian, ID
Default

I'd love to have a good tune, but with my bad cylinder, feel it might be a waste since I'll have a hybrid after the engine rebuild.
Xissix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #1345
CGM_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66280
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Sedan
Crystal Gray Metalic

Default

Is someone planning a meet/install day around the time this guy is coming? Not sure where he will be able to do road tunes that would be a good place for everyone to meet up.

I probably won't want to get my car tuned but I would like to come out and meet up.
CGM_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #1346
SparkSuby
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 218573
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: boise, Idaho
Vehicle:
2008 wrx
spark silver

Default

alright so i disappeared would anybody still like to help put me put my springs on???? i have shop that we could use but no tools unfortunately
SparkSuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #1347
Xissix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 85985
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Meridian, ID
Default

^^I can help, when you want to do it?

CGM, there isn't a reschedule on the install day yet, I'm game to help out anytime in the next couple weekends.
Xissix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #1348
jesse_r
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 200419
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: caldwell udaho
Vehicle:
1998 forester
canyon red pearl

Default

^^^^^^^ditto on helping out
jesse_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #1349
CGM_WRX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 66280
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boise, ID
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Sedan
Crystal Gray Metalic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkSuby View Post
alright so i disappeared would anybody still like to help put me put my springs on???? i have shop that we could use but no tools unfortunately
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xissix View Post
^^I can help, when you want to do it?

CGM, there isn't a reschedule on the install day yet, I'm game to help out anytime in the next couple weekends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_r View Post
^^^^^^^ditto on helping out
I can come lend a hand as well. Let me know when and I can bring my spring compressors and cordless impact gun.
CGM_WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #1350
auspex[ROSHI]
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 113363
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: boise, id
Vehicle:
2005 LGT Wagon 5mt
2001 Outback H6

Default

I'm down with an install day prior to the tune day...

I've got some tools and functioning hands so I can help out.

Would love some help installing my tbe and uppipe. It's not a rush, so I can wait til we have a day like this...

And shiiiiit, while we're at it, a STi steering rack just showed up at my doorstep if anyone has isntalled one of these bad boys.

Last edited by auspex[ROSHI]; 06-03-2010 at 12:24 PM.
auspex[ROSHI] is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boise Thread For March Jaxx North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 120 04-01-2002 03:48 AM
Boise Thread For Febuary Jaxx North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 135 03-04-2002 09:22 AM
Boise Thread for January02 Austin North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 74 01-31-2002 11:18 PM
Boise Thread for December Jaxx North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 122 12-31-2001 11:39 AM
Boise thread for OCTOBER Jaxx North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 141 11-01-2001 02:19 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.