Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 8, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 210232
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Corona CA
2005 WRX STi

Default Electrical Problem?

I have a 05 WRX STi, and my car throws a "Check Engine Light" and Blinks "Cruse" ONLY at night time (when I turn on the headlamps), when I pull out my OB2 to read the code 90% of the time it reads NO CODE, and I have a 500$ OB2 that works perfectly. the other 10% of the time it reads a cylinder 1 Missfire. I have already checked for compression, replaced the coil packs, injectors, sparkplugs, O2 sensors, changed fuel filter, cleaned MAF sensor and checked for vac leaks. The spark plugs are telling me its running lean, but you can tell the car still has alot of power, telling me its not missfiring alot.

It also at NIGHT TIME (when I turn on the headlamps) MAINLY (It has happened a couple times during the day but it comes on every second at night time (when I turn on the headlamps)) the ABS light comes on and the DCCD starts blinking green at the bottom of the gauges.

I am starting to think that there is something funky going on electrical wise, and maby thats is the reason its missfiring at night and the ABS is taking a ****.

The STi is great but everytime I turn around its a new problem.

MODS: HKS Exhuast
Typhoon COld air intake (Thought this might be the problem for missifre so I put it back to stock, however it ran worse stock, and the car stalled when I had the air conditioning on at a stop)

PLease help me I really appreate it.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
krypt951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
('93-'01) Help!! Legacy Electrical Problems mhj Impreza Forum 4 07-26-2001 07:32 PM
('93-'01) Please help - Electrical problems Boeleni Impreza Forum 2 04-08-2001 08:53 AM
Electrical problems? Bohanan Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 6 12-24-2000 05:18 PM
Static electricity problem dead-eye General Forum Archive 36 12-08-2000 09:40 PM
Weird electrical problem JJTheSubeDriver Car Audio, Video & Security 4 01-28-2000 08:23 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.