Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #76
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

v6 is back for 3 days and already starting arguements

you guys all know v6 has never had any suspension parts on his subarus right, and he's talking out of his arse.

maybe you coulda got that 12.99999 with this little bracket.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #77
V6TurboTA
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9090
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: < of Boston
Vehicle:
09 Forester Gump
02WRX->04STi->09Gump

Default

So you did run one day at the track without them and thats what you are basing your agruement on? Ok. I usually perfer enough data to extrapolate results from, but whatever floats your bout.

Because god knows the track doesnt change from day to day so that could never account for anything...

Horse you are at the water... chosing not to drink



NoNoNo Ron I changed the sways in my WRX. so obviously I know how every AWD car on the face of the planet will react. Dont you know better by know?

And FWIW this part gains 2 tenths!!! It would have been 12.89!!!
V6TurboTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #78
3MI Racing
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 200987
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6TurboTA View Post
And FWIW this part gains 2 tenths!!! It would have been 12.89!!!
No, it is 0.2 seconds from the 60ft...you need to rework your dynamics problem
3MI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #79
cucamelsmd15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122980
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Raleigh, NC
Vehicle:
2010 F150, 2013 CX-5
92 Miata 15 TTF/PTF/E3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6TurboTA View Post
So you did run one day at the track without them and thats what you are basing your agruement on? Ok. I usually perfer enough data to extrapolate results from, but whatever floats your bout.
You mean floats my boat?
Quote:
Because god knows the track doesnt change from day to day so that could never account for anything...
Youre right, the track does change, but when my times are consistant, that says lots.
Quote:
Horse you are at the water... chosing not to drink
The ironing is so thick, you could cut it with a knife.
Quote:
NoNoNo Ron I changed the sways in my WRX. so obviously I know how every AWD car on the face of the planet will react. Dont you know better by know?
See, the problem with you making this statement is that I went through lots more than just swaybars. Moreover, our cars dont have the travel required for this to be an issue.
cucamelsmd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #80
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

v6 coulda gone 12.69 from a 13.09 with this bracket. its true, i read it on nasioc somewhere.
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #81
V6TurboTA
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9090
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: < of Boston
Vehicle:
09 Forester Gump
02WRX->04STi->09Gump

Default

You need to understand a few things here.

1, I dont care.
2, I dont care.
3, I dont care.
4, If you feel you did a good trial and error by running with no sway bars one day, then running with them on a completely different day... I rest my case.

I have been drag racing long enough to know better. Unless you do back to back runs in the same weather / track conditions / power levels with and without the sway bar I dont really find your results to be all that valid.

If you come back and tell me thats what you did, I will retract my nonsense.
V6TurboTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #82
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6TurboTA View Post
I will retract my nonsense.
editing all your posts since 2001 might take a while
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #83
V6TurboTA
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9090
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: < of Boston
Vehicle:
09 Forester Gump
02WRX->04STi->09Gump

Default

LoL.. I didnt say ALL my nonsense... that would results in the deleting of some 12k posts or so
V6TurboTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #84
Homemade WRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 33782
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: 3MI Racing LLC
Vehicle:
96 bastard child
search FIRST, then PM!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucamelsmd15 View Post
The ironing
Leave laundry out of this thread please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatron View Post
v6 coulda gone 12.69 from a 13.09 with this bracket. its true, i read it on nasioc somewhere.

Darn skippy....I love having fun telling people to rework their math


Jeebus...Ron, get some real test results already before this becomes one of the most BS filled, off topic and runaway threads currently on nasioc

Last edited by Homemade WRX; 06-05-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #85
cucamelsmd15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122980
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Raleigh, NC
Vehicle:
2010 F150, 2013 CX-5
92 Miata 15 TTF/PTF/E3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6TurboTA View Post
You need to understand a few things here.
Actually I understand perfectly. Im not the one comparing these cars to a 1960's wet noodle frame.

Ive been around long enough to know it does work on cars with frames that can twist and have the right rear setup with enough travel. I think its pretty ironic that you cant (and wont) address this point, nor the point I made about rear spring rates and tire sizing. Because as you said:
Quote:
How it works on a new awd car is arguable
Until you can refute my point that an Impreza doesnt have the rear suspension travel to make the front bar a viable option, my point stands. Moreover, its the point of this thread, because the plate used in the pictures changes the suspension geometry to allow more travel.
cucamelsmd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #86
V6TurboTA
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 9090
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: < of Boston
Vehicle:
09 Forester Gump
02WRX->04STi->09Gump

Default

I disagree
V6TurboTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #87
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: CPH Tuning/Consulting
Default

^^^are you drunk right now? that's the same post you made in the other thread


<-caught ya v6, cheers!
CatfaceType-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #88
wcbjr
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4001
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: I love spherical bearings!
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy GT
Obsidian black

Default

This message is hidden because V6TurboTA is on your ignore list.
wcbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #89
Illusive
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90436
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Sealy, TX
Vehicle:
2005 STI
Obsidian black pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucamelsmd15 View Post
I read the article. This isnt the 1960's, and these arent wet noodle frames. Try answering my questions.
Suit yourself, you have zero evidence supplied. You have your opinion and its not backed up by facts. You have provided no data to support your claims, you have and are currently dodiging my very blunt and specific question by trying to point the finger at me for not answering yours.

You qualify as an e-tool and will be ignored.
Illusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #90
cucamelsmd15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122980
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Raleigh, NC
Vehicle:
2010 F150, 2013 CX-5
92 Miata 15 TTF/PTF/E3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive View Post
Suit yourself, you have zero evidence supplied. You have your opinion and its not backed up by facts. You have provided no data to support your claims, you have and are currently dodiging my very blunt and specific question by trying to point the finger at me for not answering yours.

You qualify as an e-tool and will be ignored.
Fact: The Impreza, especially the STI, has very limited suspension travel
Fact: The chassis is already stiff enough to be run without swaybars.
Fact: The majority of these cars use a stiff sidewall tire that is more resistant to flex than the frame
Fact: The STI has an independent rear suspension, which renders your article on old hunk of junk noodle frames invalid.

Dispute those facts. YOU have zero evidence. YOU have your opinion, that ironically, isnt backed up by facts. Mine opinion is backed by facts. YOU have no data to support your claims. YOU referenced one article on a completely different suspension setup and car frame design, however, you cant apply the same basic principals to this car. My 10 years of going to the dragstrip dont have any bearing here, nor does my extensive research into suspension options for the WRX and STI. [/sarcasm]

Speaking of e-tool, you are one. Like I said, get a ****ing clue.
cucamelsmd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #91
Phatron
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 36033
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Tuning Lab
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Default

bump for more entertainment
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #92
2002WRXSTi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 58647
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Here for now...gone tomorrow
Vehicle:
02 Exedy Carbon
clutches SLIP and SUCK $!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucamelsmd15 View Post
Fact: The Impreza, especially the STI, has very limited suspension travel

Fact: The majority of these cars use a stiff sidewall tire that is more resistant to flex than the frame
I wonder what the suspension setup is on this car with no travel or squat
2002WRXSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #93
cucamelsmd15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122980
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Raleigh, NC
Vehicle:
2010 F150, 2013 CX-5
92 Miata 15 TTF/PTF/E3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002WRXSTi View Post
I wonder what the suspension setup is on this car with no travel or squat

Yeah, just look at that squat.

Yeah man, just look at this squat. I mean, WTF? That front swaybar is absolutely holding him back. Looks like he needs more NAWZ and overnight parts from Japan.

Last edited by cucamelsmd15; 06-05-2009 at 07:57 PM.
cucamelsmd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #94
2002WRXSTi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 58647
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Here for now...gone tomorrow
Vehicle:
02 Exedy Carbon
clutches SLIP and SUCK $!

Default

Glad your basing your views on a limited amount of cars. My car was doing 6.9 60's on Mud/Snow tires and it had a good amount of lift back in the day pulling 12.5's.

Then there is this car that has quite a bit of body movement and is driven on the streets to so? You think a stiff suspension is better for the 1/4 fine if I need squat and lift to drag race I will be fine with it.

2002WRXSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #95
ix8vii
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 77623
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SOCAL
Vehicle:
0508 STi OBP
0008 Forester S/LLB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexTexWagon View Post
That post was complete sarcasm, as he is building quite the drag subaru IIRC


Will be sure to post my sarcasm tags next time
Me too
ix8vii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #96
cucamelsmd15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122980
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Raleigh, NC
Vehicle:
2010 F150, 2013 CX-5
92 Miata 15 TTF/PTF/E3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002WRXSTi View Post
My car was doing 6.9 60's on Mud/Snow tires and it had a good amount of lift back in the day pulling 12.5's.


Unless you invented some magical time travel machine, I highly doubt it.
Yeah, and whats the time differences between the two? Oh, thats right, nothing.
cucamelsmd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #97
2002WRXSTi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 58647
Join Date: Apr 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Here for now...gone tomorrow
Vehicle:
02 Exedy Carbon
clutches SLIP and SUCK $!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucamelsmd15 View Post


Unless you invented some magical time travel machine, I highly doubt it.


Yeah, and whats the time differences between the two? Oh, thats right, nothing.
No I took my daily driver in 05' to E-town and ripped 12.5@109 on pump gas with snow tires. I don't doubt it cause I was there and did it. I'm on the VF thread that is right by this one as the OP witnessed it so it don't really matter what you want to believe?

Matter of fact Junior has pulled 1.5 or a 1.49? on stock axles even but I'll have to find out what his setup was? Or he can chime in on this thread
2002WRXSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #98
cucamelsmd15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 122980
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Raleigh, NC
Vehicle:
2010 F150, 2013 CX-5
92 Miata 15 TTF/PTF/E3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002WRXSTi View Post
My car was doing 6.9 60's on Mud/Snow tires and it had a good amount of lift back in the day pulling 12.5's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002WRXSTi View Post
No I took my daily driver in 05' to E-town and ripped 12.5@109 on pump gas with snow tires.
Yeah, 12.5 after a 6.9 60'. Thats believable.
cucamelsmd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #99
Turn in Concepts
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 93646
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatron View Post
so.......can we get proof that said car was running consistent 1.6 60's before, and then some proof of consistent 1.4's? And preferably a video so we know the car didnt stage the rear tires And some more proof that nothing else was changed on the car....



you and v6?
I have been staying out of this thread after I saw on here what Ron ninja'd, and it clicked as to why he was asking about them. Quite frankly I didn't want to get assaulted with either a) you're just trying to sell your crap or b) when can I get it.

You will not get proof of that 1.6 to 1.4 as I won't even tell you what car it was on. The reason for it being on that car was proof of theory in a real world environment. Everything in theory pointed to improvement. Real world test did show improvement of the theory. The test of theory yielded a drop from 1.6 to 1.4. This has been repeated over time so we're not talking about one run here either.

Now, some of you know me, and know me well enough that when I say there's an improvement you'll believe me. For that I thank you.

Many of you don't know me. That's fine. Let me leave you with this - numbers will be posted if we choose to go to production with it. I'm not going to put a part out there without some kind of evidence that it does what is claimed.

Right now, the current plan is to have a very small batch of close to production parts done. These will be most likely sand cast, whereas final will be investment cast.

That small run of pre-production, functional parts, will be sent to a number of volunteers to test and provide feedback. These people have already been chosen, and represent a pretty broad spectrum of drivers and cars. If we see enough of an improvement from this larger sample group then we will greenlight production, and post up the slips from the sample group.

-Clint
Turn in Concepts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #100
jmlaser
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 125529
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Central Ohio
Vehicle:
02 WRX 18G EJ205
1/4 mi stock block record

Default

Quote:


.........already before this becomes one of the most BS filled, off topic and runaway threads currently on nasioc
Too late!

Clint
send me a set so I can beat up on Coolrex for the stock EJ205 record . If they dont work I will be sure to let you know
jmlaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back from the drag races, my car is slow Splinter Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC 52 09-06-2009 05:23 PM
The Next VP of The United States.... JOHHNN MCCAIN!! lol wut? :unamused: OriginalSin Off-Topic 5 10-10-2008 08:39 AM
From the drag races.... wyn525i Off-Topic 14 02-21-2005 10:59 PM
Anyone going to the Drag race in NY tomorrow? SubaruImpreza_power New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 2 09-22-2002 01:51 AM
Drag racing with ALK jimb Proven Power Bragging 8 07-27-2002 10:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.