Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 7, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
djoxide
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 213492
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2007 Mazda GT Hatch
Carbon Grey

Default Newbie looking for some help/suggestions

hey folks,
been a long time Sentra owner but since my gf and me are looking for a car together we've thought long and hard and we found a 06 Impreza Sport Wagon, since we love the outdoors, camping/biking i think this could be a step better than my QG as i won't be afraid to drive down a gravel road now and the winters up here suck ass so i'll be more confident on the road
my buddy has a 06 Impreza sedan and i've always loved the AWD and feel of the car, our options for cars with our budget was
cheap - versa (love the car its a perfect small not big but no aftermarket parts yet)
middle - spec v/civic si but i see too many around and they all blend in after awhile...
up - corolla s, kinda pappa like but i know the quality is there

so thought i'd show some pics of the one avail and see if anybody has any suggestions, lemme know
its only got 29000KMS (owner past away recently) drives well (auto - so the gf can drive it too lots of power left, super clean, not much underbody rust or dents or bumps anywhere
here's some pics

i'd like to do some cosmetic mods (leds in/out) HIDs, CAI or SRI but not go to wild as i did on my last car, i'll be doing soem searching on here for cosmetic upgrades/owners manual for oil changes to start but i'm sure just by checking a couple pages i'll be interested in more things as the days go by

here's some pics of my QG.fully bolted Nismo + aftermarket parts, looks like i'm parting it out to sell the car stock as the interest level has been low

thanks for the help folks
marc

Last edited by djoxide; 06-08-2009 at 11:39 PM.
djoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
AlxSti
Scooby Guru

Member#: 94615
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
|'06 STi 341/356|
www.AffinitiBrokerage.com

sounds like you got a plan.. a HID kit would be nice.. some swaybars.. maybe some tint for that 'cleaner' look if youre into that. throw an intake on if you want.. might get you some slightly better mpg too.. and maybe a wrx or sti muffler for a deeper sound and sportier look.
AlxSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
djoxide
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Mazda GT Hatch
Carbon Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxSti View Post
sounds like you got a plan.. a HID kit would be nice.. some swaybars.. maybe some tint for that 'cleaner' look if youre into that. throw an intake on if you want.. might get you some slightly better mpg too.. and maybe a wrx or sti muffler for a deeper sound and sportier look.
hey AlxSti,
tint may be questionable as it seems every car here gets trashed or broken into with tint, lame yes
after reading soem intake news it seems if you don't have the WRX or Sti its best to use the stock box, does anybody know the circumference of the inlet and the MAF size, i'm wondering if i can keep my SRI and pop i ton without any difficulties
ya another question is to keep my Megan exhaust and pop it on as well, its the perfect sound on the Sentra, low growl
Old 06-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
AlxSti
Scooby Guru

Member#: 94615
Vehicle:
|'06 STi 341/356|
www.AffinitiBrokerage.com

you want to use the same intake and exhaust from your Sentra? I'd say the intake is a big NO and the exhaust would require custom fabrications to make it fit properly... I wouldnt do either. Intakes in general arent realyl suggested on our cars at all, UNLESS the maf sensor is lef tin the stock location (like the SPT, COBB, or K&N Typhoon).

I'd just remove the snorkle if you wanna keep the stock airbox, but gain some intake sound.
AlxSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
wawawrx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 200730
Vehicle:
'08 E92 M3
'95 GC ZJ

...what about an 02 WRX Wagon?

he'd be fine reusing the exhaust... just would require some modification
wawawrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
djoxide
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Mazda GT Hatch
Carbon Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxSti View Post
you want to use the same intake and exhaust from your Sentra? I'd say the intake is a big NO and the exhaust would require custom fabrications to make it fit properly... I wouldnt do either. Intakes in general arent realyl suggested on our cars at all, UNLESS the maf sensor is lef tin the stock location (like the SPT, COBB, or K&N Typhoon).

I'd just remove the snorkle if you wanna keep the stock airbox, but gain some intake sound.
i see the 'snorkle' mentioned a couple times here, is there mor einfo in the mods section on it?
thanks guys
Old 06-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
wawawrx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 200730
Vehicle:
'08 E92 M3
'95 GC ZJ

you won't get much gain from removing the snorkle (search snorkle removal or something along the lines of that) but you will get the intake sound. you can always put a drop in filter in... but they are less restrictive IE let more **** into your engine
wawawrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
djoxide
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Mazda GT Hatch
Carbon Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawawrx View Post
you won't get much gain from removing the snorkle (search snorkle removal or something along the lines of that) but you will get the intake sound. you can always put a drop in filter in... but they are less restrictive IE let more **** into your engine
ah, much like the one i did almost
cool thanks