Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #4076
wcu25rs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 102632
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Brevard, NC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterTheDragon View Post
Fn lame programming
What would you expect coming from HQ?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wcu25rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #4077
tox
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 231490
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2012 Xterra Pro-4
Night Armor Grey

Default

Sam Briggs posted 323 on 13.3. That's just ridiculous. I'd love to see video of that.
tox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #4078
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tox View Post
Sam Briggs posted 323 on 13.3. That's just ridiculous. I'd love to see video of that.
thats the same score Neal Maddox got last year, that is just mind blowing.
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #4079
Tim K.
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 214
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sumter, SC
Vehicle:
2014 Massey Ferguson
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tox View Post
Sam Briggs posted 323 on 13.3. That's just ridiculous. I'd love to see video of that.
Insane!
Tim K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #4080
tox
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 231490
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2012 Xterra Pro-4
Night Armor Grey

Default

That is just a huge number. I'll be happy to make it anywhere into the double unders. Haven't hit a ring muscle up yet, but I have done a bar muscle up. I'd be super pumped If I finished the double unders.

I've never done "Karen" before so I just need to set a pace for myself and not try to rush through it and completely burn myself out.
tox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #4081
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tox View Post
That is just a huge number. I'll be happy to make it anywhere into the double unders. Haven't hit a ring muscle up yet, but I have done a bar muscle up. I'd be super pumped If I finished the double unders.

I've never done "Karen" before so I just need to set a pace for myself and not try to rush through it and completely burn myself out.
yeah my goal for this one would be to finish the DU's. if i can even get to the rings, i would be a very happy person. i think that i can do that since WB are not so bad for me (one of the few movements where tall people really do have a big advantage). i think that i am going to break the WB into sets of 15 to start with.
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #4082
Neek
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 3400
Join Date: Jan 2001
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Vehicle:
2013 Gojira
2007 Triumph Speed Triple

Default

So Sam got more than 50 wallballs into the second round. She's just destroying it this year!
Neek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #4083
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neek View Post
So Sam got more than 50 wallballs into the second round. She's just destroying. It this year!
yeah, this year's game will be freaking exciting! between Briggs killing it, Bridges and Salo coming back better than ever and a few new comers, i am expecting a really good fight.
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #4084
Hawkeye
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 58645
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Naperville, IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post
yeah, this year's game will be freaking exciting! between Briggs killing it, Bridges and Salo coming back better than ever and a few new comers, i am expecting a really good fight.
How old is Salo?

We had a exchange student with the same name. I wonder if it's him.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #4085
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
How old is Salo?

We had a exchange student with the same name. I wonder if it's him.
31 or 32 or something, and Salo is his last name, his first name is Mikko.
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #4086
Hawkeye
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 58645
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Naperville, IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post
31 or 32 or something, and Salo is his last name, his first name is Mikko.
Yes Mikko Salo. That's the guy's name I went to highschool with. I'll have to look at his Facebook and see if it's the same guy.

That name is probably like John Smith in the US.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #4087
EnterTheDragon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6511
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: West of the Atlantic
Default

I don't think salos at his best. Whatever year he went out with the burst eat drum was probably his prime. The **** he was posting back then.. still think he has a shot tho..dude doesn't know quit
EnterTheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #4088
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterTheDragon View Post
I don't think salos at his best. Whatever year he went out with the burst eat drum was probably his prime. The **** he was posting back then.. still think he has a shot tho..dude doesn't know quit
I'll be honest, I don't think anyone will beat Froning but it will still be exciting to watch all these guys battle it out.
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #4089
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

very disappointed after doing 13.3 today. i was 100% sure that i could go through all 150 WB and get at least 60-90 DU's. instead, mid way through the wallballs, my shin splints decided to destroy me and every time i lifted on my toes to get the ball up, a sharp pain shot to my brain. it got so bad that i actually fell backwards on one of them. ended up with 125 WB's

i decided that i am going to let my legs rest and continue with the mobility/ice/rest and then redo this workout cause i know that i can get to at least the MU.
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #4090
Tim K.
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 214
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sumter, SC
Vehicle:
2014 Massey Ferguson
Red

Default

Don't feel bad. A lot of people are scoring a lot lower than what they had expected. It is one bitch of a WOD!
Tim K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #4091
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K. View Post
Don't feel bad. A lot of people are scoring a lot lower than what they had expected. It is one bitch of a WOD!
yeah i was just really excited to do much better than i did last year since WB's are normally good to me and i finally started banging out those horrible DY's (which is how i got the lovely shin splints gift).
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #4092
Tim K.
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 214
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sumter, SC
Vehicle:
2014 Massey Ferguson
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post
yeah i was just really excited to do much better than i did last year since WB's are normally good to me and i finally started banging out those horrible DY's (which is how i got the lovely shin splints gift).
I get horrible shin splints. I can sprint for about 400 meters and then I'm done.
Tim K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #4093
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K. View Post
I get horrible shin splints. I can sprint for about 400 meters and then I'm done.
i really don't know what you can actually do about them other then work on your mobility and fix what causes then. for me, it is bad running form that i am working on fixing but the bigger issue is how i do the doubleunders which is with a serious shock when landing.
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #4094
totalburnout
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 72861
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jersey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post

i really don't know what you can actually do about them other then work on your mobility and fix what causes then. for me, it is bad running form that i am working on fixing but the bigger issue is how i do the doubleunders which is with a serious shock when landing.
Don't lace your shoes so tight.
Land/strike on the ball of your foot
Don't stomp/minimize impact.
Wear shoe inserts if necessary.
Ice
Stretch

That's about all you can do. Crossfit promotes shoes that essentially have zero drop and not padding. That's great from a lifting standpoint but does effect the running or double unders significantly.

I murph in different shoes than my nanos or inov8 195s.
totalburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #4095
totalburnout
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 72861
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: North Jersey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K. View Post

I get horrible shin splints. I can sprint for about 400 meters and then I'm done.
If you get shin splints on sprints and not a jog, it's because you're pounding too hard.
totalburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #4096
Tim K.
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 214
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sumter, SC
Vehicle:
2014 Massey Ferguson
Red

Default

Add in lose some weight and become younger.
Tim K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #4097
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalburnout View Post
Don't lace your shoes so tight.
Land/strike on the ball of your foot
Don't stomp/minimize impact.
Wear shoe inserts if necessary.
Ice
Stretch

That's about all you can do. Crossfit promotes shoes that essentially have zero drop and not padding. That's great from a lifting standpoint but does effect the running or double unders significantly.

I murph in different shoes than my nanos or inov8 195s.
i agree 100% and i am actually in the process of looking for another pair of shoes specifically for running as we speak. i LOVE my Nano's but i have no doubt that i would be better off with a more conventional shoe for some workouts.

any recommendations?
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #4098
wcu25rs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 102632
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Brevard, NC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattles View Post
very disappointed after doing 13.3 today. i was 100% sure that i could go through all 150 WB and get at least 60-90 DU's. instead, mid way through the wallballs, my shin splints decided to destroy me and every time i lifted on my toes to get the ball up, a sharp pain shot to my brain. it got so bad that i actually fell backwards on one of them. ended up with 125 WB's

i decided that i am going to let my legs rest and continue with the mobility/ice/rest and then redo this workout cause i know that i can get to at least the MU.
Just curious but why were you on your toes during wall balls?
wcu25rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #4099
Rattles
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 16486
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Somewhere in New England..
Vehicle:
2006 Jeep

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
Just curious but why were you on your toes during wall balls?
because after quite a bit of wallballs i used my toes to push up the ball. it was hurting at the bottom of the squat as well when my ankle was forward but not as bad as the jump up.
Rattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #4100
EnterTheDragon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6511
Join Date: May 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: West of the Atlantic
Default

Shin splints are caused by any number of reasons. All of my footwear is minimal except my romaleos..even boots I hump 90lbs of gear in. Overly padded running shoes may not be your fix.
EnterTheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The CrossFit thread Gerkins31 Off-Topic 59 02-14-2013 09:36 PM
Crossfit, Schmossfit. fatalfitness.com poison Off-Topic 12 07-11-2008 06:32 PM
OMG...workout folk: crossfit kicked my butt today -=C=- Off-Topic 37 05-14-2008 09:21 PM
Anyone here Crossfit? blitzpb Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC 12 10-31-2006 07:49 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.