Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday September 3, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #9676
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenick View Post
I swear, every single thread on NASIOC goes to **** with people asking about ****ing wheel setups. There's such a limited number of 2008-2010 owners, and rather than having meaningful discourse about parts and availability, it all gets drowned out with "What's your wheel setup?" Every. Single. ****ing. Thread.

If you want to know his wheel setup, send him a goddamn private message rather than flooding and saturating the thread with questions that only pertain to you.

/Rant
u mad Bro?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #9677
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenick View Post
I swear, every single thread on NASIOC goes to **** with people asking about ****ing wheel setups. There's such a limited number of 2008-2010 owners, and rather than having meaningful discourse about parts and availability, it all gets drowned out with "What's your wheel setup?" Every. Single. ****ing. Thread.

If you want to know his wheel setup, send him a goddamn private message rather than flooding and saturating the thread with questions that only pertain to you.

/Rant
bro, do you even lift?
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #9678
Let's Spool
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253231
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: The Hat City, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan SWP
1999 Legacy WarWag

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post

That looks really good, but I think I'd be screwed for going over speedbumps. Looking at those pictures though, I might have to make a vinyl roof my next mod.

And someday I will go wingless
I think you'd be ok with them... With my Cs side skirts I've only scraped once, when I was visiting Avalon valley... Not to mention I live in a complex with speed bumps as well

+1 on going wingless!! We should find a shop in the area to give us a package deal to remove em...
Let's Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #9679
Let's Spool
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253231
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: The Hat City, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan SWP
1999 Legacy WarWag

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenick View Post
I swear, every single thread on NASIOC goes to **** with people asking about ****ing wheel setups. There's such a limited number of 2008-2010 owners, and rather than having meaningful discourse about parts and availability, it all gets drowned out with "What's your wheel setup?" Every. Single. ****ing. Thread.

If you want to know his wheel setup, send him a goddamn private message rather than flooding and saturating the thread with questions that only pertain to you.

/Rant
Just because something doesn't pertain to you doesn't mean multiple people can't use the info... I know when I used to be a lurker, that information helped me many a time... Is this not a place for us to share information and learn from one another??
Let's Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #9680
thenick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 199580
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: /r/subaru, NJ
Vehicle:
i been hatin'
Hellas since 2012

Default

It's just so ****ing annoying. I've tried having discussions about exhausts, rear bumpers, and sideskirts and every single time it gets drowned out with some wannabe stance4life stunna asking about wheel specs. Christ, there's a whole thread dedicated to 17"/18" wheels for the GRs, but they ask here. Half the time they're not even shopping for wheels or tires. It's really disheartening when there's such a small community of us dispersed across 3 different threads and wheel questions drown out true substance.

I'm just gonna **** from here on out and just lurk. Peace.
thenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #9681
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenick View Post
It's just so ****ing annoying. I've tried having discussions about exhausts, rear bumpers, and sideskirts and every single time it gets drowned out with some wannabe stance4life stunna asking about wheel specs. Christ, there's a whole thread dedicated to 17"/18" wheels for the GRs, but they ask here. Half the time they're not even shopping for wheels or tires. It's really disheartening when there's such a small community of us dispersed across 3 different threads and wheel questions drown out true substance.

I'm just gonna **** from here on out and just lurk. Peace.
So it's cool to talk about exhausts, rear bumpers and sideskirts, but not wheels. You have something against wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Spool View Post
I think you'd be ok with them... With my Cs side skirts I've only scraped once, when I was visiting Avalon valley... Not to mention I live in a complex with speed bumps as well

+1 on going wingless!! We should find a shop in the area to give us a package deal to remove em...
Yeah I started wondering if going wingless without trunk-swapping would cost as much as a wingless CF trunk, which might be less of a pain. And you still have your stock trunk/spoiler if you want it.
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #9682
Let's Spool
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253231
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: The Hat City, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan SWP
1999 Legacy WarWag

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
Yeah I started wondering if going wingless without trunk-swapping would cost as much as a wingless CF trunk, which might be less of a pain. And you still have your stock trunk/spoiler if you want it.
I want to say that my family friend who used to work at route 53 said it'd be about $400 to remove, fill, and repaint it, which is about the same as the $475-500 that Mitchell Subaru told me for it painted... How much was the cf trunk were you looking at??
Let's Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #9683
LVBugEyed
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186870
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Las Vegas
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenick View Post
I swear, every single thread on NASIOC goes to **** with people asking about ****ing wheel setups. There's such a limited number of 2008-2010 owners, and rather than having meaningful discourse about parts and availability, it all gets drowned out with "What's your wheel setup?" Every. Single. ****ing. Thread.

If you want to know his wheel setup, send him a goddamn private message rather than flooding and saturating the thread with questions that only pertain to you.

/Rant
lol what? Trust me, if I had any clue you were bashing your keyboard from such idiotic ****... I would of pm'd him.. Cocksucker
LVBugEyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #9684
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Spool View Post
I want to say that my family friend who used to work at route 53 said it'd be about $400 to remove, fill, and repaint it, which is about the same as the $475-500 that Mitchell Subaru told me for it painted... How much was the cf trunk were you looking at??
Lowest lately was $620 shipped from ebay. $400 would be sweet to get it removed/painted and everything. I need to stop spending money.
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #9685
QwaktastiK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 219100
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Vehicle:
'09 WRX Premium 5dr
COBB Stg3 336whp/370wtq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP n Gold View Post
Lowest lately was $620 shipped from ebay. $400 would be sweet to get it removed/painted and everything. I need to make more money.
Fixed
QwaktastiK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #9686
SWP n Gold
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 110783
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stamford, CT
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwaktastiK View Post
Fixed
Also true!
SWP n Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #9687
Turtules
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 268734
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenick View Post
It's just so ****ing annoying. I've tried having discussions about exhausts, rear bumpers, and sideskirts and every single time it gets drowned out with some wannabe stance4life stunna asking about wheel specs. Christ, there's a whole thread dedicated to 17"/18" wheels for the GRs, but they ask here. Half the time they're not even shopping for wheels or tires. It's really disheartening when there's such a small community of us dispersed across 3 different threads and wheel questions drown out true substance.

I'm just gonna **** from here on out and just lurk. Peace.
Want me to call 9-Waa-Waa? Ahahaha just messing with you, although I do agree on some points you've written.
Turtules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #9688
kpSTi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 134097
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Sedan
Spark Silver Metallic

Default

Haven't posted in a while. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics,



kpSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #9689
boogieman065
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 267754
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2008 WRX
DGM

Default

Joining the '08 with Gold Brembo Club'.


Dirty Winter Pic

Washed... But it was night time already.
boogieman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #9690
ironstuner22
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310709
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perry Hall, MD
Vehicle:
2009 Subaru WRX
Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman065 View Post
Joining the '08 with Gold Brembo Club'.

Dirty Winter Pic

Washed... But it was night time already.
Hey what year Sti did you get those brimbo brake calipers off, of? I have been looking into getting new brakes and I am pretty much sold on doing the conversion... Also did you have to do anything special to get them installed?

Any help would be appreciate, those questions are open for anyone to answer.

Thanks guys!!!
ironstuner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #9691
Breezio
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 234357
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Meridian, ID
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
Sportwagen zum einbauen!

Default

I'm pretty certain the fronts bolt right up with some 04' STi rotors (or dual drilled 05+ sti rotors) and wheels that will clear them...?
I can't remember what, if anything, needs to be done with the brake lines.
Breezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #9692
ironstuner22
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310709
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perry Hall, MD
Vehicle:
2009 Subaru WRX
Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezio View Post
I'm pretty certain the fronts bolt right up with some 04' STi rotors (or dual drilled 05+ sti rotors) and wheels that will clear them...?
I can't remember what, if anything, needs to be done with the brake lines.
Sweet, so what about the rear? Do they bolt up directly as well?
ironstuner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #9693
tehknikhal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 227548
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: COLORADO
Vehicle:
2009 09 WRX Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstuner22 View Post

Sweet, so what about the rear? Do they bolt up directly as well?
Rears require a bracket from what I know.. Only the fronts are direct fit. Like Breezio said.. Dual drilled or 04 STI rotors.
tehknikhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #9694
tehknikhal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 227548
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: COLORADO
Vehicle:
2009 09 WRX Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

To keep the thread live... Here is a blurry cellphone picture. Before everything gets dialed in...

18x10 still on the same set of wheels:

tehknikhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #9695
kpSTi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 134097
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Sedan
Spark Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstuner22 View Post
Sweet, so what about the rear? Do they bolt up directly as well?
The rear require these brackets and '08+ sti rear rotors with a dual drill 5x100 to fit. The Brembo calipers I used were from an '07 STi.
Adapter Brackets


Rear Rotors with a dual bolt pattern:
kpSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #9696
.clipse
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 212265
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2013 Legacy
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobyDo View Post

mmph . SL14's. i was thinking of selling my varrstoens and picking up a set... but i dont want to swagger jack

and they're on sale

https://wagen-wheels.com/products/Kl...LE-278-32.html
.clipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #9697
boogieman065
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 267754
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2008 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstuner22 View Post
Hey what year Sti did you get those brimbo brake calipers off, of? I have been looking into getting new brakes and I am pretty much sold on doing the conversion... Also did you have to do anything special to get them installed?

Any help would be appreciate, those questions are open for anyone to answer.

Thanks guys!!!
Yep, the 2 dudes answered your questions. 5x100 rotors for front and rear. You'd need a bracket if you want to run rear goldies. The bracket is $200+, but I scored the calipers with good pads for a steal so I didn't mind... Plus I needed some gold to offset the darkness.


I'd also consider doing the 06-07 IHI 4pot/2pot swap if I were you. I definitely do feel the new unsprung weight of the STI brakes when I get on it.
boogieman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #9698
ironstuner22
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310709
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perry Hall, MD
Vehicle:
2009 Subaru WRX
Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman065 View Post

Yep, the 2 dudes answered your questions. 5x100 rotors for front and rear. You'd need a bracket if you want to run rear goldies. The bracket is $200+, but I scored the calipers with good pads for a steal so I didn't mind... Plus I needed some gold to offset the darkness.

I'd also consider doing the 06-07 IHI 4pot/2pot swap if I were you. I definitely do feel the new unsprung weight of the STI brakes when I get on it.
Thanks for all the help guys... Will keep you'll posted lol
ironstuner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #9699
thenick
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 199580
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: /r/subaru, NJ
Vehicle:
i been hatin'
Hellas since 2012

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobyDo View Post
You're Reddit famous bro!!!

thenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #9700
subi21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338346
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Vehicle:
2010 Wrx
White

Default

What brand makes the gold lugs?
subi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: 2008-2010 WRX/Impreza Sedan chrome trunk trim predavore Private 'Wanted' Classifieds 4 05-17-2014 10:00 PM
the BIG 2008-2010 WRX/STI thread bhhamblin Member's Car Gallery 15981 05-20-2010 12:28 PM
SOLD NY 2008-2010 WRX Sedan Rear Spoiler MINT....PICTURES ADDED wrxphantom Exterior/Styling 14 03-18-2010 10:50 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.