Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #51
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB'izzle View Post
O , I c
I have a cable and the technology to log. Whenever you want to get together I can log your ride for you to see what's going on.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #52
KB'izzle
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 169955
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: PhatBotti'd/Phatron'dAnaheimCA
Vehicle:
30R BUILT STI /AREA
P no limits/ALLIANCE FABn

Default

Nice, Ill have to take you up on that, I appriciate it.
KB'izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:41 AM   #53
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

No track for me today. Not only was it hot as hell today but until I get my car "smog'd" I'll be illegal. Waiting on the guy everybody knows. I also need some new rubber and a clutch as of last Saturday night.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:57 AM   #54
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
July 18th is the next drag event at California speedway. I'll be there for that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
No track for me today. Not only was it hot as hell today but until I get my car "smog'd" I'll be illegal. Waiting on the guy everybody knows. I also need some new rubber and a clutch as of last Saturday night.
WTF and I talk **** , fking excuses. At least I took the car to the track, prove me wrong, this car will not run faster than mine!

GL

juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #55
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
WTF and I talk **** , fking excuses. At least I took the car to the track, prove me wrong, this car will not run faster than mine!

GL

Those aren't excuses they are facts. When I was stuck at 12.4 @ 112mph on the old setup I new I could have gotten the et lower but I didn't make excuses about the track or my 2nd time out. I acknowledged that fact that I suck at drag racing... There is a difference.

I also didn't go around guaranteeing 11s or even 10s on a setup then after one trip to the track of mot making it think about selling the car... There is a difference.


I still love you man and think you can run 11s just don't punk out and sell the car before you do that. As for 10s, I don't thinks so

kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #56
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
Those aren't excuses they are facts. When I was stuck at 12.4 @ 112mph on the old setup I new I could have gotten the et lower but I didn't make excuses about the track or my 2nd time out. I acknowledged that fact that I suck at drag racing... There is a difference.

I also didn't go around guaranteeing 11s or even 10s on a setup then after one trip to the track of mot making it think about selling the car... There is a difference.


I still love you man and think you can run 11s just don't punk out and sell the car before you do that. As for 10s, I don't thinks so

You don't understand my situation, I am paranoid about my car. I cannot afford to blow anything else.

I blew my tranny and my engine on a 2 month period and then I got laid-off .

And my car has a 11sec pass in it, is just math. Math is perfect.
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #57
CoolRex
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 85813
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Vehicle:
2002 E46 M3
2006 RC51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
You don't understand my situation, I am paranoid about my car. I cannot afford to blow anything else.

I blew my tranny and my engine on a 2 month period and then I got laid-off .

And my car has a 11sec pass in it, is just math. Math is perfect.
Your car has 11's....it just needs a real driver.
CoolRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #58
godforbid67
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 137168
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: ummm..... Andrewtech ftmfw!
Vehicle:
06 Built SGM WRX
35r, PPG, 280's, PSS9.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
You don't understand my situation, I am paranoid about my car. I cannot afford to blow anything else.

I blew my tranny and my engine on a 2 month period and then I got laid-off .

And my car has a 11sec pass in it, is just math. Math is perfect.
You arent going to pop anything else if you stick with the vf39. To be honest I am surprised you popped either of them on a vf39. I ran a vf39 on my stock tranny and motor for over 30 thousand miles.
godforbid67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #59
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Brushyoteefs@dentists.cats
Default

^^^no, i blew my motor on my vf39...a lot of boost+heat+race gas+timing+a possible failed part=bye bye ring land probably on cyl 4, never checked

the tranny though, now that's hard to brake...clutch no, trans yes

juan, if you can't afford to break the car..don't go to the track, don't end up carless like I did..big mistake
CatfaceType-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #60
CoolRex
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 85813
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Vehicle:
2002 E46 M3
2006 RC51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godforbid67 View Post
You arent going to pop anything else if you stick with the vf39. To be honest I am surprised you popped either of them on a vf39. I ran a vf39 on my stock tranny and motor for over 30 thousand miles.
That is the most ignorant comment I've ever heard. Many motors have popped on the tiny td04 turbo. MANY MANY MANY trannys popped on the td04 as well.

I can't believe that was just said.
CoolRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #61
godforbid67
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 137168
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: ummm..... Andrewtech ftmfw!
Vehicle:
06 Built SGM WRX
35r, PPG, 280's, PSS9.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolRex View Post
That is the most ignorant comment I've ever heard. Many motors have popped on the tiny td04 turbo. MANY MANY MANY trannys popped on the td04 as well.

I can't believe that was just said.
Ignorant? That he shouldnt pop a BUILT motor with a tiny vf39?
So you are so appalled that someone said a vf39 shouldnt pop a stock motor or tranny? I mean really? That is so crazy to you? I didnt say it doesnt happen my friend, I said it shouldnt.
I think you need to take the dick out of your ass and lighten up. A good/strong running ej25 should (there is that word again) not blow on a vf39. As for the tranny that is 100 percent driver related.
godforbid67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:03 AM   #62
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Brushyoteefs@dentists.cats
Default

^^dude when you are trying to set records or hit really low times and big dogg traps, anything can happen to your motor. Some guys get away with it for a long time, some don't. Is this proven power bragging or what?
CatfaceType-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:29 AM   #63
toutanje
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153465
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: f l a
Vehicle:
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600
WRX now FS!

Default

what clutch are you running on this setup?
toutanje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:41 AM   #64
ramair18954
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28308
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philly
Vehicle:
03 td-06 wrx ra-c
Platinum

Default

Just wondering if i can see your 18g dyno. was it on the 2.0? i not quite sure i got good results 320/320 on 93 on a dynodynamics @ 23.5psi.
ramair18954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:49 AM   #65
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

I was running the Exedy STG 1 but now I'm in the market for something new.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #66
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair18954 View Post
Just wondering if i can see your 18g dyno. was it on the 2.0? i not quite sure i got good results 320/320 on 93 on a dynodynamics @ 23.5psi.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1475015

21 psi tapering to 15 psi
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #67
ramair18954
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28308
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philly
Vehicle:
03 td-06 wrx ra-c
Platinum

Default

wow, looks lke i should be able to push a lot out more out of mine. im cammed as well 272/272 10inch lift.
ramair18954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 AM   #68
Infamous1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 133692
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: In So Cal tuning YOU!!! ;)
Vehicle:
2003 Chevy Z06
Black/Black

Default

Still waiting on that ride....
Infamous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #69
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous1 View Post
Still waiting on that ride....
Just got new rubber. Still need a clutch though. Did GMR yesterday and I can say the 3076 is just as fun as the 18G was in the mountains.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #70
casper64
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 178083
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: san diego
Vehicle:
2004 545 awhp, sti
blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
Just got tuned today by Job @ HB Speed with awesome results. 91 octane map and Q16map both on the same plot. Enjoy

http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dyno.pdf




Mod list:
2.5L SB, 100mm Wisecos, ACL bearings, 8.5:1 CR
DPR ported heads, +1mm valves, Cosworth cams, Axis valvetrain
Grimmspeed ported TB
TGV deletes
PnP stock manifold
Perrin fuel rails
DW 750cc injectors
ATP 3076 stock location turbo w/ integrated EWG
Tial 44mm WG
APS hard turbine inlet
APS 70mm CAI
APS DR525 FMIC
Koyo rad

On straight Cali 91 octane I put down 406 whp 370 ft-lbs., 446/421 on Q16. I guess you can see where the rotated setup shine as we could only get 25psi on Q16. Still good enough for me... for now.

Thanks to all at HB Speed and Jon for a kickass tune
Yea HB speed is great, I am running a similar set up:
Cp pistons
Stock heads
850 cc DW injectors
Perrin Big Maf
AEM 3.5 bar MAP
Dom III Turbo
SMC 50/50 alky
Prodrive Boost controll solenoid
38 mm EWG set up
Turbo XS FMIC
Turbo XS BOV
Stock Ex. Manifold
I got 402 Awhp/368 Tq on 91 Oct. and alky/ 430 Awhp/412 tq. on Q16.
BIG thanks to Matt and Jon at HB speed great customer service.
Know time to save to go rotated, looking for 500 awhp...
casper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #71
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Rancho C
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4 hybrid STi

Default

Nice results. I guess we can see that cams and headwork =~ meth injection power wise. Meth is way cheaper though.

Can you post a graph of you powa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper64 View Post
Yea HB speed is great, I am running a similar set up:
Cp pistons
Stock heads
850 cc DW injectors
Perrin Big Maf
AEM 3.5 bar MAP
Dom III Turbo
SMC 50/50 alky
Prodrive Boost controll solenoid
38 mm EWG set up
Turbo XS FMIC
Turbo XS BOV
Stock Ex. Manifold
I got 402 Awhp/368 Tq on 91 Oct. and alky/ 430 Awhp/412 tq. on Q16.
BIG thanks to Matt and Jon at HB speed great customer service.
Know time to save to go rotated, looking for 500 awhp...
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #72
casper64
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 178083
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: san diego
Vehicle:
2004 545 awhp, sti
blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
Nice results. I guess we can see that cams and headwork =~ meth injection power wise. Meth is way cheaper though.

Can you post a graph of you powa?
Let me try to scan it, with a friend and will do..
casper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #73
Infamous1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 133692
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: In So Cal tuning YOU!!! ;)
Vehicle:
2003 Chevy Z06
Black/Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
Just got new rubber. Still need a clutch though. Did GMR yesterday and I can say the 3076 is just as fun as the 18G was in the mountains.
Lol thats sounds kinda scary, I know my 3076 create alot of "oh $hit" moments.
Infamous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #74
casper64
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 178083
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: san diego
Vehicle:
2004 545 awhp, sti
blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous1 View Post
Lol thats sounds kinda scary, I know my 3076 create alot of "oh $hit" moments.
True that, its a diferent feeling, from a n 18g an a 3076
casper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:37 PM   #75
casper64
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 178083
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: san diego
Vehicle:
2004 545 awhp, sti
blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
Nice results. I guess we can see that cams and headwork =~ meth injection power wise. Meth is way cheaper though.

Can you post a graph of you powa?
I think that you are not taking advantage of the head work, if you were to go rotated it would be a diferent story,your head work will really shine,imajine that head work, combined with alky.
You are limiting your set up because you have maximized your turbo due to stock location. Thats why i am going rotated.
casper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS/PA 2004 EJ257/55 longblock Hybrid bcooper22 Engine/Power/Exhaust 25 08-12-2010 05:15 PM
FS : PA/DE: Hybrid APS/Precision FMIC kit, TXS Stealthback + Catpipe + Racepipe Merp Engine/Power/Exhaust 15 07-27-2010 02:25 PM
Badass Bugeye's are Multiplying! 404whp/421ft-lbs on 91 + Meth! Equilibrium Tuning Proven Power Bragging 36 06-17-2009 06:08 PM
'03 Dynoed - 462.5 HP and 480 Ft/lbs tq. wrxpeed Proven Power Bragging 46 08-05-2006 04:44 AM
RalliTEK GT35R on '05 STi - 446whp Rallitek.com Proven Power Bragging 22 12-22-2005 03:46 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.