Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
GsxrBots
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212720
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
Steel Grey Metallic

Default BBS '04 STI rims on '06 WRX are they wider?

Okay, first off, I did search for quite some time here, I know they have different offsets, and the rims are .5" wider, but do they come any more "flush" with the fenders than the stockers? I have a chance to buy a set, but I'm only wanting new rims if they fill out the wells a little more. Can someone post pics of before/after if they've done it?
Thanks a ton, keep up the great site!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GsxrBots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
txl146
Scooby Guru

Member#: 32459
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX VF34
Junior Tuned 301whp

06 WRX wheels didn't look right in my 02 bugeye, but that extra .5" really helped 04 BBS wheels look much better, especially in the rear.

I always hated how narrow 06 WRX wheels looked on my 02 WRX.
txl146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

kiddies and their FLUSH

get some 17x8 wheels and put 235/40's on and done

and dont let the hype of the 'hella flush' idiots sway you into thinking that that is necessary OR good in any way....'cuz it isnt
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
GsxrBots
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212720
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
Steel Grey Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
kiddies and their FLUSH

get some 17x8 wheels and put 235/40's on and done

and dont let the hype of the 'hella flush' idiots sway you into thinking that that is necessary OR good in any way....'cuz it isnt
I'm 33 years old, and just like the looks.
Hate the way my stockers are 4" inside the wheel wells. Just wondering if the difference in rim width is eliminated in the difference in the offset.
But thanks for in no way answering my question....
GsxrBots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #5
grippy monkey
Scooby Guru

Member#: 131067
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
your "stance"
sucks

Uncle Scotty is good at that.

The slightly wider wheels and wider tires of an 04 STI will make it fill out the fenders better than the stock 06 WRX 17x7 wheels and skinny tires. It's not a huge difference, but you will visually be able to see it with your eye. You can simply compare the look of a stock 04 STI to the look of a stock 06 WRX. The WRX wheels are like you said... way under the car. The STI wheels are closer to the fenders.

I had an 06 WRX before my STI. I was pretty unhappy with how skinny a wheel and tire they would put on it. It makes the car look top heavy and awkward.
grippy monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
cyanolum
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 136498

Remember that this is the wheel and tire section, not the gallery. My car is completely filthy right now.

I don't have a before picture, but I snapped this one real quick of my 06 Wrx with 04 STi BBS wheels.

cyanolum is offline   Reply With Quote