Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Built Motor Discussion

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
viraju
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193719
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza WRX STI
Rally Blue

Default Is it worth changing valves , valve springs and retainers

Iím Rebuilding a EJ207 (in a STI Version 6) engine and planning to put JE-Pistons , Eagle Rods, Coswarth Bearings. Is it worth putting Brian Crower valves , valve springs and retainers . (Iím not planning to change for a High Lift cam ). What other engine parts recommend to be changed , water pump ????
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
viraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
Homemade WRX
Scooby Guru

Member#: 33782
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
96 bastard child
search FIRST, then PM!!!

water pump and oil pump pending condition and mileage (probably fine).

You can go oversized on the valves if you want but unless you are planning for more RPM or lots of boost (as you said no cam change), you won't need springs. Check valve weights though!!

P.S. BC valves are Supertech valves.
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
the suicidal eggroll
Scooby Guru

Member#: 51961
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2005 STi
2012 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homemade WRX View Post
Check valve weights though!!
What do you mean by that?
the suicidal eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
viraju
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193719
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza WRX STI
Rally Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homemade WRX View Post
water pump and oil pump pending condition and mileage (probably fine).

You can go oversized on the valves if you want but unless you are planning for more RPM or lots of boost (as you said no cam change), you won't need springs. Check valve weights though!!

P.S. BC valves are Supertech valves.
Not gonna go with V high boost, I will run max 1.3bar and I'm realy interested in low/ Mid power for streat racing. What will be the difference in changing the stock values and springs, I know the engine will be more durable and does it increace power ? or perform well in high RPM's, does in worth puting new values ?. I have a JDM WRX STI Version 6 and it has a EJ207 and does STI v7 , v8 values fit my car cause I found out its the same engine block EJ207

Thanks for the Support Guys...
viraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
jerry curl
*** Banned ***

Member#: 155135
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
03 115k Bugeye
285 AWHP 300 ft lbs torq.

I think if your interested in low to mid range power, You should concentrate on reducing turbo lag and weight of your ride and get to Maximum HP and lb of Torque at the fastest RPM as possible. Are you gonna change for even mild cams??? If your keeping them stock, i would leave the heads alone. Make sure you spend some money on your suspension as well to get the power to the ground. Port and polish the intake manifold and turbo as well clip the turbine wheel. Considering on the steets your gonna be racing to a max of 110 mph from a dig, or atleast i hope youll race from digs and not rolls. (Cause still yet to find a race track that allows roll racing) But if you do decide to change them out, I dont see why it wont give you added sence of security for the heads as well as they are def. gonna flow a bit bitter at the top for you. All really depends on if you want to shell out the extra money.

Pretty sure the STI V6 parts are the same as V7/V8 but dont quote me on that!

Last edited by jerry curl; 07-04-2009 at 11:41 AM.
jerry curl is offline   Reply With Quote