Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
subieNOObie420
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 213296
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2006 STI
Black

Unhappy 06 STi..modded..problems..cel

Last night my CEL came on...during normal driving...normal for most people not normal for subies...like a grandpa basicly...the car was running perfect...like it was ten minutes before the light came on...two days before...and probly the same way it did when the i didnt own it...today i went to AUTOZONE and had them pull the codes...the following came up
P0301
P0302
P0303
P0304
these are cylinder misfire codes....the definitions are listed in this order on their sheet.
BB1-LEaking or blocked injector
BB2-ignition system malfunction affecting one cylinder
BB3-Engine mechanical condition
BB4-Valve adjustment needed

Now im far from a rocket scientist....but if all four cylinders were misfiring...im pretty sure i wouldnt have been able to get my ass home or to autozone...and the car is idling perfect...not jumping at all...i dont even think its in limp home mode....i didnt get on it to test it out though....the previous owner told me the #2 cylinder had a spark plug tht was siezed up on it..but he told the dealership about it when he got rid of it and when i looked at it..it appeard to had been changed...but knowing the dealership...it probably wasnt...would this be my likely culprit or do i need to go the dealership with my tail between my legs?....if anyone is able to help me but not without the mod list...i can do it...its just very very very extensive and ill probably forget a thing or two...robert hettchen did work.......and then some..on this car....

Sorry bout the double post...i just need an answer and on the other CEL thread there is no replies to problems...just problems on top of problems
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subieNOObie420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
UkNuck
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21808
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
02 GroceryGettAr
Nonemore Black

since you're getting misfires reported from all cylinders it's unlikely to be a fault related to just one injector / plug / cylinder

iirc misfires are identified by comparing signals from the cam and crank position sensors so a problem with either of those can result in multiple misfires being reported - the FSM troubleshooting procedure for P0301/P0302/P0303/P0304 includes checking that neither sensor is "loosely installed"

for the same reason they can be triggered by an overly light flywheel (not enough inertia to smooth the crank rotations) - if you search "flywheel" and "misfire" you will probably get some more info

i'm no expert but I hope this points you in the right direction
UkNuck is online now   Reply With Quote