Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor 'For Sale' Classifieds > Engine/Power/Exhaust

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
AMS
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 27854
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Default AMS Rotated Mount V-band GT30r and GT35r Turbo Kit (Now at a DISCOUNT PRICE!)

Breaking NEWS on post 20!! New BIGGER Turbos!!

AMS Subaru Rotated Mount V-band Turbo Kit

The AMS Subaru Rotated Mount V-band Turbo Kit is the new benchmark in Subaru performance. Designed to meet the demanding needs of road race, drag race and street cars alike, we have successfully achieved unparalleled drivability, response, and horsepower. Our unique design has been tested and refined for over 1 year to provide reliability, OEM like fitment and options never available in a Subaru turbo kit before.

The AMS kit brings some new ideas to the table…

V-band housings:
Each AMS Subaru Turbo Kit incorporates the latest V-band exhaust housings with options for .63, .82 or 1.06 a/r. The Tial V-band housings not only provide the most horsepower and save weight but they eliminate the need for gaskets and are easier to install. No more annoying exhaust leaks and no gaskets to replace!

Top Mount & Front Mount Applications:
Another innovative feature of our kit is the option of a 4ply silicone turbo outlet pipe for either a front mount or top mount intercooler. These custom molded pieces fit better than the OEM pieces and are included at no additional charge!

Intake Pipe Solutions:
While a unique 3” cold air intake pipe is standard we also provide an option for pull-through or push-through MAF applications.

Factory ECU & MAF Solution:
We provide the option of an industry first 4 ply silcone BOV recirculation tube for cars maintaining the factory ECU and MAF.

Each AMS Subaru Rotated Mount V-band Turbo Kit is hand built here at AMS with a meticulous attention to detail. We know what it’s like to install a turbo kit so we provide all the necessary hardware and detailed instructions for a hassle-free installation.

With power output ranging from 350 – 650 horsepower we have just about every Subaru owner covered. On just our GT30R kit with a top mount intercooler, fuel and exhaust upgrades we were able to put down 485WHP and over 500 ft/lbs of torque! This same simple combination netted an 11.24 quarter mile time in a full weight 2007 STI on stock tires!!! Imagine what a GT35R can do!

Features

• 2” ID rotated V-band thick wall up-pipe for optimum flow and durability
• 5/8” thick flange on up-pipe to ensure a proper seal
• Turbo support bracket maintains turbo kit reliability under any condition
• 304 stainless steel TIG welded construction
• Lifetime Limited Warranty on the up-pipe*
• True Garrett Dual Ball Bearing GT series turbo with ported shroud compressor covers to prevent compressor surge
• Tial Stainless Steel V-band exhaust housing with choice of .63, .82 & 1.06 a/r ratios
• Genuine Tial 44mm V-band wastegate to ensure proper boost control
• Wastegate feed strategically placed and hand ported for precise boost control
• 10” stainless steel external wastegate dump tube
• No gaskets needed for the turbo to up-pipe, up-pipe to wastegate or turbo to downpipe
• Your choice of true 3” cold air intake pipes to suit a pull through or blow through mass air flow sensor
• Bolts up to any stock or aftermarket header that fits the factory up-pipe
• Downpipe fits AMS & most other aftermarket cat-back exhausts
• Your choice of turbo outlet pipes for top mount or front mount intercooler application
• Kit Utilizes 4 ply silicone tested up to 50 psi of boost!
• Industry first 4 ply Silone Blow off valve recirculation tube for cars looking to maintain the factory ECU and MAF (optional)
• New coolant lines for your coolant expansion tank for a clean engine bay
• DEI heat insulation to protect OEM wiring from excessive heat
• Kit includes ALL necessary fittings and hardware for installation
• Class 10.9 fasteners & 4 ply silicon couplers. We use the best hardware and silicone so that it goes together right the first time

Kit Includes

• Stainless steel thick wall Up-pipe
• AMS spec Garrett GT series dual ball bearing turbo with ported compressor cover and Tial V-band turbine housing
• Genuine Tial 44mm V-band wastegate
• Integrated turbo support bracket
• AMS high off-road test-pipe (high-flow steel core catalytic converter optional)
• DEI Heat insulation for your electrical wiring
• New lines for your coolant expansion tank
• Stainless steel 3” downpipe
• Stainless steel oil feed line (fittings for both WRX and STI included)
• Custom AMS stainless steel oil return line
• 4 ply silicon water lines with thermal insulation
• 4 ply silicone turbo outlet pipe, intercooler and intake couplers
• Top quality hardware package including nuts, bolts, fittings and clamps
• Polished aluminum 3” cold air intake pipe with K&N air filter for blow through MAF (pull trough MAF optional)
• Detailed installation guide

Options

• Your choice of top mount or front mount 4 ply silicone turbo outlet pipe (no additional charge)
• Your choice of .63, .82 or 1.06 a/r exhaust housings (no additional charge)
• Blow off valve recirculation
• Pull through MAF intake pipe
• High-flow catylitic converter

Specifications

AMS GT30R Turbo Kit

TURBO SPECS:
COMPRESSOR WHEEL: GT30R 55lbs/min
Inducer: 57mm
Exducer: 76mm
TURBINE WHEEL: GT30R 84 trim
TURBINE A/R Choice: TiAL V-band 0.63 , 0.82, 1.06

Applications

• Subaru WRX 2002-2007
• Subaru STi 2004-2007
• Fits all USDM , JDM, and European left hand drive models

Some more images of the downpipe, Oil return line and Hardware kit

Retail for a GT3076R kit was $3999.95

Now: $3749.95 !

Retail for a GT3582R kit was $4099.95

Now: $3849.95 !

We also offer the HTA upgraded GT35r Turbo!

Retail for the HTA3586 kit was $4499.95

Now: $4249.95 !

Current shipping time is about 2 weeks from the time of order.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Thanks again to everyone for being so patient with us on this kit. As you can see a great deal of time and thought was put into this kit.

We have many cars currently running our GT30R kit with GREAT results. As was posted up top I managed to go 11.30 making 485whp through a top mount with this 30R kit. Once again as always, please feel free to ask any questions.

Eric
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by AMS; 08-12-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Here is a full link to our initial testing with the GT3076R Kit

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1434544

Here also is a dyno graph comparing a stock 07 sti to our kit on pump gas and then race gas. Again this is a GT3076R with a Top mount IC

Last edited by AMS; 11-18-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

One of our local customers (Nate) was one of the first people to receive our GT30R V-band turbo kit. The car did very well with just bolt ons and a top mount.
(Since this car is an 07 STI early on its life the #4 Piston went belly up so we had to put our stage 1 shortblock in it.)

In any event recently Nate decided to ditch the top mount in lieu of a true FMIC. Now we do not have an FMIC solution for the Subaru just yet but Nate really wanted us to try and make something custom for him as the entire car to this point was all AMS. Using a little bit of custom fabrication we were able to take our widely successful EVO core and adapt it to work with Nate's 07 STI. The car came out great and the power increase was pretty substantial.

Now this is not a true back to back test as Nate also decided to delete his TGV's in the process. But this dyno demonstrates pretty clearly how potent this turbo kit really is. All that was changed between the two runs was an AMS FMIC and TGV deletes.

Mod List for the first Run:

AMS Built Stage 1 shortblock
Stock heads and cams
AMS GT3076R Turbo kit .63 A/R exhaust housing
Perrin Top mount IC
Perrin equal length headers
Invidia 3" Catless exhaust
Walbro fuel pump
Deatschwerks 850cc injectors
Quarter master Twin disc clutch with push conversion
AMS open source ECU tune

Gas: 93 Octane
Boost: 23 psi

Parts added for the second run:
AMS prototype FMIC
AMS TGV Deletes

Gas: 93 octane
Boost: 23 psi

As you can see from the chart above this car picked up over 25 whp and 50 ft lbs of torque!!! This thing is an ANIMAL on the street and spools extremely quick

Here are some shot of Nate's car with the FMIC. We are planning on making a subaru FMIC kit but The production core will be a tad bit wider. Let us know what you think

Eric

Last edited by AMS; 07-22-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

We were able to get another one of our GT30r turbo kits finalized and out the door this week, this time on an 05 STI. It really surprised all of us as to how much power this car made! Only being a .63 A/R housing, it was very nice to see it hold so much power to redline, as well as the massive amounts of torque on the bottom end. This particular tune was done with e85.

Mods on the car:

AMS GT30r Turbo Kit w/ .63 A/R and Catted(!) Downpipe
Stock Ej257 bottom end and heads
Perrin FMIC
GT Spec un-equal length header
Aeromotive Fuel Rails
Precision Turbo 1200cc top feed Injectors
Fuel Lab Adjustable FPR
Custom AMS Fuel Lines and Top Feed conversion kit
Custom AMS -6an fuel tank to regulator fuel lines
Dual Walbro in tank fuel pumps
Full Blown dual pump in tank housing
AMS TGV Delete
Exedy twin disk clutch

Boost is set at 25.5psi

-Ty

Last edited by AMS; 07-22-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Doug from TopSpeed was kind enough to write a review/results thread about our AMS GT35r Turbo Kit! Another street terror powered by AMS hits the roads, this time it's an 08 STI!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...php?p=25858009

-Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeed View Post
I will continue to add to this thread as all the testing is completed.

I had to make a post because I was never expecting it to make this much power with so many stock pieces and such few power mods.

I have the privelage of testing the new AMS Rotated GT35r turbo kit on my personal 08sti. This kit was made for the 02-07 impreza so I had to adapt it to work on my 08sti, which meant modding a few pieces like the intake and downpipe so the ones pictured are not AMS's pieces FWIW. But I would expect with in the next few weeks AMS will have the new pieces Jigged up for the 08sti so have no fear 08sti guys I am sure they will have you covered. For everyone else their kit will bolt right up and honestly it should only be about a days worth of work. It comes with very detailed instructions so I assume anyone with a basic mechanical skill could do the install. If not then give us a ring and we can get you hooked up

The AMS turbo kit's quality is second to none... I have yet to see such a well built kit. Hands down this is the most complete kit I have ever seen. From the time the box arrived I have been amazed. Every piece in the box was packaged in expanding foam to keep it safe. Every nut, bolt, zip tie, hose, clamps, etc.. that you could ever need to install the kit was also there. Not once did I have to run and find a bolt or hose to make it work. AMS has once again come through with a winning piece. I can say without a doubt that it gets the TOPSPEED STAMP OF APPROVAL!!

I plan on doing alot of testing with this kit since its on my persoal STI. My first plans are to switch out the current .82ar Tial V-band to a .63ar tial housing. I will post the dyno results when I do so, but as it sits now I am again surprised by the tial .82ar housing. Currently I am seeing 14psi @3600rpms and then 20psi @3900rpms. This is outstading for a .82ar housing as usually we don't see 20psi till low to mid 4k rpms. .

Deatschwerks also provided me with their very nice 850cc topfeed injectors, which are by far the nicest set of 850cc I have tuned. I have tuned on every type and brand of injector made and these DW850cc injectors are the $h!t, they start idle and drive just like factory everytime. I highly recommend anyone looking for a set of injectors to purchase a set of Deatschwerks and never look back.

Since this is my car and my DD I like to do things outside of the norm, so the car is setup to run the factory 08sti TMIC which in my opinion is a very well built piece. The fin density and core size is unbeatable, I have yet to find an intercooler that I think will beat the new stock sti's piece at a sub 500hp power level. The previous year sti's I could make about 400-430whp before the TMIC was just tapped out of flow. Well as some know the new 08sti runs a much larger factory TMIC which is why I wanted to push it. I had expected it to do well and support 450-500whp. While on the dyno doing 4th gear pulls the TMIC never got hot, hell it was barely warm to the touch. I was expecting it to work well but at this point I am beyond amazed... only thing I can attest it to is the fact that at 20psi the GT35r's output air temps are pretty low.

Clearly the combo of these few parts work very well.

I will post more as I do more testing.

MODS" (yes all four)

AMS GT35R TURBO KIT
DEATSCHWERKS 850CC TOPFEEDS
UEL 4-1 HEADER
COBB apV2 - Tuned by myself of course

Still stock but to be upgraded

Stock Catback
Stock Intercooler
Stock Fuel Pump
Stock Longblock w/tgv's
Stock Clutch

I am sorry about my crappy pics all I had was my phone

Doug W.
TopSpeed Inc.

Last edited by AMS; 07-22-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Doug and the TopSpeed crew turned up the wick on the 08 STI and were able to achieve some AMAZING results from the AMS turbo kit. Big kudos go out to the TopSpeed guys for such great work!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1802768

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeed View Post
I am very pleased with how this car came out, making just insane power for 21.5psi and straight 93oct with no adders with still many stock parts.

Once again the AMS GT35r turbo kit has proven to be leaps and bounds better than the competition, in both spool and power output. To this date its the nicest turbo kit I have seen and tuned... PERIOD.

On the street we're seeing 21psi by 3.9k rpms in 4th gear and 14psi by 3.3k rpms which is just nutty for a GT35r with a .82 hotside.

As for the motor package that we have put together, the principals stay the same as all our engine packages. We designed it to have as flat a tq curve as possible. We will continue to work on the 08 heads as we work with GSC on designing us a set of cams. In the future I would expect the curve on the 08sti's to be even better than previous years due to the dual AVCS on the heads allowing us to get more aggressive with cam selection.

MODS:

TopSpeed SA1 Short Block (Cp Pistons)
TopSpeed 08sti SA1 Head Package (Mild Porting with stock cams and valvetrain)
DeatschWerks 850cc Injectors
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Cosworth FMIC
QTP Cutout (mounted on mid pipe since car still has stock cat-back)
4-1 Titek Header
Cobb AccessPort V.2 (TopSpeed Protuned)

Stay Tuned,

Doug W.

Last edited by AMS; 07-22-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Dynotechnik and Derek Eastty LTD's 04 STI Time Attack Car - 646whp with the AMS HTA3586 Turbo Kit!!

Congrats guys! Amazing build!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1761062

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeastty View Post
New photos of car page 5
In Car Video of Hot lap page 5
5/30-31 Redline TimeAttack Update from Willow Springs - page 5
New Dyno graph 27.5 psi Mustang dyno - setting up Motec "PID"
Page 5
Photos of New Girodisk, Thx Martin Photos page 5

Dynotechnik and Derek Eastty LTD's 04 STI Time Attack Car (Running Modified class)
We are just finishing the final touches on the 04 STI make over with the New AMS Rotated HTA3586 Turbo kit, Motec M800, Cosworth intake, etc.... parts list below. We still need to do a few tweaks to the set up (spring in waste gate a little to soft, as you will see below on the Dyno HP/boost graph, boost drops off on the upper end). I think we can get a little more mid power and about 20 more HP on the top carrying it all the way out by getting it to hold boost to 8200 RPM. Engine is a built Cosworth - Billet crank with all the goodies.
Complete Parts list:
Engine/ECU/Turbo/fuel system
1. Motec M800 w/all the goodies- Dynotechnik (Guy Grantham) Built and installed the Jumper harness for the Motec. All stock dash features work properly (Nice job Guy)
2. AMS New Rotated V-Band HTA 3586 w/1.03 ex AR - ss Tial Turbo Kit (turbo has been modified even further, extrude honed and a view other little touches) This kit is the Bomb guy's, it goes on so easy and all parts fitment is top shelf. (Thx Eric and all the guy's at the shop for a great product)
3. AMR Inter cooler
4. Custom Fab intake piping and Tial BOV
5. Injectors - Injector Dynamics
6. Surge tank/swirl pot w/twin Bosch 044 pumps #8 forward/#6 return (running a 100 PSI at full tilt boogie)
7. Weldon Regulator
8. Roger Clark Intake 100mm trumpet and air cleaner
9. T1 Catch can (thx Tony)
10. Custom exhaust -3.0 AMS down pipe (Comes with kit) Joined to 3.5 all the way out to a 3.5 S.S. light weight Burns muffler
11. ARC road race Oil pan w/remote filter and Setrab engine oil cooler (system holds 9 quarts)
12. Cosworth's New Intake Manifold (This is key to the overall equation)
13. Cusco Header
14. Cosworth 2.5 Long Block Billet crank
15. AR Fab Balancer (sorry typo)
16. Fluidyne Radiator
17. HKS Twin Power Ign. amp.
18. Odyssey 925 battery in trunk (15lbs)

Drive train/Chassis/Suspension
1. Setrab Oil coolers - Power steering, tranny, rear diff (Tilton pump)
2. Tilton Carbon Clutch
3. Torque Line Carbon prop shaft (drive Shaft)( Pure sex this thing is)
4. Drive shaft shop level 5 rear axles and front replacement bars
5. Ikeya Sequential Shifter w/gear indicator
6. Stasis 370mm front 4 pot brake kit/ Giro Disk rear replacement rotors (just being released) Race pads and Street pads
7. Cusco Front Sway Bar
8. Cusco Rear Sway Bar (Adjustable)
9. Cusco Front Strut Bar
10. Cusco Rear Carbon Fiber Strut Bar
11. DMS 50mm Tarmac Coil Over (custom spring spec)
12. GT – Spec 3 Piece Sub Frame Replacement Brace
13. PDE Caster/Camber Plates
14, Cusco Rear camber plates
15. Beatrush Front compliance kit (caster blocks)
16. STI Spherical Ball Trailing Links
17. STI Spherical Ball Lateral Links
18. STI Group N Bushings throughout Chassis
19. Solid mount rear bush/rear end cross member
20. Rev-Lab Quick Steering Rack
21. Custom Roll Cage painted PPG WR Blue by Gus
22. Advan RS 18 x 8.5 Wheels
23. Toyo R888 245/40-18 sneekers/Nitto NT 01 245/45-18

Interior
1. DEFI EGT Gauge
2. DEFI Boost Gauge
3. DEFI Gauge Controller
4. Custom Gauge Pod
5. Custom Center Console
6. 11 LB Fire Suppression System
7. PDE Billet Pedal Set w/Custom Brake Pedal for Proper Heal Toe Spacing
8. Sparco EVO Competition Seats
9. Sparco Steering Wheel Adaptor Hub
10. Stack ST8600 Steering Wheel w/Display System
11. Team Tech 6Pt. Harnesses
12. Oops! “I Pooped Myself” Resistant Cushions

Exterior and Aerodynamics
1. PPG Factory Pack WR Blue -Gus Agha at Austex Paint & Body (Complete Repaint, small oops)
2. APR Performance Carbon Fiber GT3 Mirrors
3. APR Performance Carbon Fiber Custom GTC-300 Wing
4. APR Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Custom Diffuser/quick mount Zues button
5. APR Radiator plate
6. Charge Speed Version 2 Side Skirts
7. Charge Speed Version 2 Rear Bumper
8. Cusco Front Bumper w/Aerodynamic Under Tray/extended carbon splitter
9. Seibon Carbon Fiber Reverse Hood Scoop

Car weight w/5 gallons gas 2975 lbs

We have 4 Tunes/maps in the car at the moment:
M1 - 19 psi pump gas 450 hp/Trq 351
M2 - 21 psi race gas 511 hp/Trq 413
M3 - 27 psi race gas 581 hp/trq 479
M4 - 30 psi race gas 646 hp/trq 541
Note: Race gas is VP Q16 from Edge Race fuels (Thx Kieth)

Here are the dyno Charts/videos/ and Pics of the Build/Make over:
pump gas:

race gas 30 psi

All 4 runs overlayed in order as above w/boost reference

Video of 646 WHP
YouTube - 646 WHP/541 TRQ 04 STI/Derek Eastty/Dynotechnik/AMS/Cosworth
Video Pump gas 450 whp

Video 21 psi race gas

Video 26 psi race gas

Thx to:
Dynotechnik - Guy Grantham - http://www.dynotechnik.com/
AMS - Eric and Staff - http://amsperformance.com/
T1 - Tony - http://www.t1raceparts.com/
Stasis Engineering - Beau Kelly - http://stasisengineering.com/
Girodisk - Martin Meade - http://www.girodisc.com/
APR Performance - Johnny Lee - http://www.aprperformance.com/
Macellaro's Performance Tuning - Chris Macellaro
Henderson Performance - Cory (Dyno services)

Last edited by AMS; 07-22-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #8
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

**UPDATE 7/10**

http://www.amsperformance.com/m_warren.php

VIDEO ADDED!

We recently finished a build for a customer including an AMS GT30r .82 A/R, built AMS Stage 2 shortblock, and GSC s2 cams with an upgraded valvetrain to accompany. We also put together a complete e85 fueling system to handle the increased consumption of fuel.

What's really interesting is the power it made on 93 octane! It's definitely in line with many other GT35r cars as far as 93oct pump numbers go. The e85 dyno plot seems to show the limit of the GT30r as you can see power taper on the top end. I would LOVE to see this car with a GT35r in the future.

Spool on this set up is about 350rpm later than a previous tune with the .63 A/R housing and stock STI cams.

-Ty

Last edited by AMS; 07-22-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

AMS has recently been lent a beautiful 2008 STI to test fit new products on by a great customer of ours, Russ Picket. In our most recent round of upgrades we have started to finalize design of our rotated turbo kit. Russ has opted for a GT30r, and requested a full 4" cold air intake option. The 4" intake pipe looks mammoth in the engine bay!

In the next few weeks we should have updated pictures and information on our 08+ FMIC.

-Ty

Last edited by AMS; 07-22-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Placeholder 1 for future builds.

Your car could be here!

Last edited by AMS; 07-22-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Placeholder 2 for future builds.

Your car could be here!

Last edited by AMS; 07-22-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #12
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Placeholder 3 for future builds.

Your car could be here!

Last edited by AMS; 07-22-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #13
DZnutz
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (21)

Member#: 91837

why do you charge extra for the intake pipe with maf flange and bungs? wont the majority of customers out there need that setup?

and do both your gt30 and 35 kits come with ported housings?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZnutz View Post
why do you charge extra for the intake pipe with maf flange and bungs? wont the majority of customers out there need that setup?

and do both your gt30 and 35 kits come with ported housings?
With an AEM EMS or Cobb AP protune many of our customers will be able to run speed density which would not require a MAF sensor. Also, many people will be running a catch can with their big turbo set up so the bungs will not be necessary.

The turbos have a Tial turbine cover and a PTE compressor cover which are both quite large and do not need any porting. (Some turbos we send come with a standard Garrett compressor cover which IS ported to match the PTE size) The covers are in fact a bit larger inlet and outlet sizes than the Garrett counterparts.

Last edited by AMS; 07-29-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #15
DZnutz
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (21)

Member#: 91837

can you post a pic of the PTE cover and the garrett cover? both are antisurge correct?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #16
tenchu
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (11)

Member#: 64147
Vehicle:
1993 STi RA V LTD
Green

No RHD kit??
Old 08-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #17
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZnutz View Post
can you post a pic of the PTE cover and the garrett cover? both are antisurge correct?
I do not have both here to take a picture highlighting the differences, but as soon as I do I'll post one for you. Both compressor covers have anti-surge ports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchu View Post
No RHD kit??
We are still working with our UK partners on developing the RHD kit. It's slow going but we want to have it perfect.

-Ty
Old 08-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #18
tjphillips36
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193324
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2006 Evo IX MR
Gray

Any future Legacy GT support?
Old 08-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #19
tenchu
Scooby Specialist

Member#: 64147
Vehicle:
1993 STi RA V LTD
Green

Any ETA on the RHD kit? I'll be in the market around June 2010 when I get back from Iraq.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #20
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Default AMS 02-07 and 08+ Turbo Kit News and New Features

I'm very pleased to announce that AMS Performance is VERY close to releasing our 08+ WRX/STI turbo kits! We should be in the full swing of production within the next two to three weeks.

Here I'd like to outline and display exactly what has been changed and improved upon in the design for the new model year STI turbo kit. We're also incorporating many of these new features into our 02-07 WRX/STI turbo kits as well. Take a look below!

AMS 750r, 850r and 950r Turbos

Recently we've had the chance to test and tune a variety of new turbos that have been custom tailored to our high powered customers vehicles. All AMS turbos feature billet aluminum compressor wheels which have been specifically designed to increase flow while still retaining usable spool times. These turbos also are able to use a v-band exhaust housing which keeps spool up fast and flow very open.

The 2008+ turbo kit will use these turbos as soon as they are released, however the 02-07 kit still requires a bit more fabrication time before we can switch over. Keep on the look out for a release of these turbos for the 02-07!

AMS 750R Turbo Kit 520-580 wheel horsepower
Spool 3300-3900 RPM
Excellent Compromise Between Street/Strip

AMS GT850R Turbo Kit - 650-750 wheel horsepower
Spool 3900-4500 RPM
High Power Street Car or Strip Car

AMS GT950R Turbo Kit - 800-850 wheel horsepower
Spool 5000-5500 RPM
All Out Drag Turbo

AMS 4" Intake or 3" MAF Intake

For the 08+ WRX/STI AMS is offering both a 3" MAF cold air intake, as well as a mammoth 4" cold air intake intake for those running a speed density or blow through MAF tuning solution. There have been 10whp gains just from switching to the 4" intake !!

The 02-07 Subaru turbo kit is also available with a custom 4" short ram intake but it is by custom order only.

AMS Front Mount Intercooler Specially Designed for Turbo Kit Fitment

With the addition of power from the AMS turbo kit you will also need additional cooling. We've created the AMS Front Mount Intercooler Kit to be a 100% bolt on solution for customers running a rotated mount turbo kit. Allowing a full 2.5" pipe throughout the system, we have no interference with the intake or turbo. Complete with bead rolled pipe ends, computer designed cast aluminum intercooler endtanks, and high quality clamps and silicone couplers. For those want the most power with a big turbo, or if you have opted for the 4" AMS Cold Air Intake, then the cold pipe (driver's side) will be a full 3" pipe with a blow through MAF flange optional.

The 02-07 AMS Front Mount Intercooler is also available with the 2.5" piping all around. Currently there are no plans to offer a 3" version or a blow through set up until after our intake manifolds are released.

38mm or 44mm TiAL V-Band Wastegate

With the advent of the new 38mm TiAL MSV V-Band external wastegates, we've been very excited about incorporating them into our Subaru turbo kits. After our initial testing we've had ZERO problems with boost control using the 38mm V-Band TiAL. Same great quality as the 44mm V-Band but at a lower price! We are now able to offer our turbo kits for $50 less than previously advertised, however we can still offer a 44mm for those who want one for an additional cost.

Cast Stainless Steel Up Pipe

By far the greatest improvement over our original design of the turbo kit has been the incorporation of a cast stainless steel up pipe. This computer designed piece allows for optimum flow with completely smooth bends and wastegate flange. This cast up pipe offers smoother exhaust flow as well as power and spool increases over a traditionally welded up pipe. This should also increase the lifespan of the pipe to well beyond the life of the vehicle as there are no welds to have the possibility of failure.

Flex Section Downpipe

In addition to the up pipe changes, we've also made changes to the downpipe. We've noticed that installation becomes much easier with a flex pipe section welded to the downpipe. This allows movement in the pipe to connect to the cat back which greatly helps with installation. The flex pipe section will also help to isolate the vibration and movement that the engine generates from entering the cabin.

More photos coming of the up pipe as well as the new flex pipe downpipe!!

Old 08-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #21
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Last edited by AMS; 08-14-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #22
subbie08
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (10)

Member#: 203175
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
08 Sti 408whp sold
silver

cant wait for this kit to go on sell for the 08 sti
Old 08-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #23
STIdad
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 195929

Glad to see it all coming together, now get that bad boy on the dyno, I'm coming home soon!!!

Thanks for the updates Ty!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:18 AM   #24
RC0310
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 63479
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
08' WRX
Black

any love for 08/09 WRX and Legacy GT?
Old 08-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #25
AMS
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
STI, WRX, GTR, EVO,
BMW, Porsche, + More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC0310 View Post
any love for 08/09 WRX and Legacy GT?
In theory it should be compatible with both vehicles. We will not be able to say for certain until one is attempted to be installed.
Closed Thread