Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
vaashh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 178789
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Wagon
OBP

Default 235 front 225 back

So a customer threw away some about quarter used potenzas the other day at work so i grabbed them up and threw them on some old rims that i have.

they are 225/50r17 and 235/50r17 so I bolted up the 235 in the front and 225 in the back and measured the circumferences to be roughly79.75" and 79.25" in reality it was much closer to .25" but I'm trying to play with safe numbers.

I figured id have to shave .07962 off the 235 to get them to match.

So the question is, how much will 2/32" affect my center diff? and second would somewhere like discount be able to do this for me?

Thanks in advance, autocross saturday and sunday so trying to figure this out tonight!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vaashh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
mav1c
Hoodbridge!

Member#: 560
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2006 STi, '11 A4
Crystal Gray, Silver

Nope. Won't work. Even with the shaving. Plus, with the 50 sidewall both tires are too tall.
mav1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
BryanH
Scooby Guru

Member#: 993

for his next thread:

My diff blew up and I have NO IDEA WHY!!!!!!!
BryanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
vaashh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 178789
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Wagon
OBP

ya bro thats my next thread when i posted a thread being well aware of the issue at hand and am trying to prevent it. your sick and know about subarus!

And can someone who knows a little more than they wont even fit with 50 sidewall ratio chime in cuz they are bolted up and fit no rub with my car slammed.
vaashh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
BryanH
Scooby Guru

Member#: 993

Thanks BRO!

You know you're one of my top bros, bro, because you got my back. And I got yours. You're my bro. But you went above and beyond the other night, bromaldehyde. You really did. Saving me that seat at the Velvet Revolver show, even though all those other bros were trying to get up front, bro? So clutch.

You are truly a god among bros.

Just when I think you're as solid as a bro can get, you raise the very definition of brodom to new heights. You're like a brogle, soaring to the farthest reaches of the atbrosphere. Seriously. If it weren't for you and your extreme brobility to hook a bro up when it is most croosh, I'd have been stuck in some bitch-ass seat, cramped all in the corner with a bunch of bitch-asses, bro. But you stepped up. You brovercame all obstacles to help a bro out. This is the kind of **** that makes bros for life.

Brody, I was so stoked when you told Gina to go eat a fat one after she asked if she could have your other ticket, even though you knew you could probably get a pretty deese HJ from her. Bros before hos, bro. That's what I'm talking about.

You are the king of all bros. Brotankhamen. You are the Ayatollah Bromeini. You are Broseidon, lord of the brocean.

But this is just one of many times you've fallen on a grenade for me, brozo. Who took the blame when I broke Skeeter's bong and ****ing Skeeter was all ****ing pissed? You, bro. Who was the first to bro up and carry that ****ing keg of Killian's up four flights of stairs for Duke's surprise party? You, bro. Who was the only Bromo sapien on the planet to tell me he thought the brand-new rims on my F-350 were the **** even though everyone else was all, like, ****ing not that excited about them? Bro, you know it was you. You're my broheim supremo, bro, and don't you ever forget it.

I'm so ****ing glad we're bros, bro!

I've long admired your absolute broficiency in all things bro-related, and the way you've always carried yourself in a brofessional manner. I consider you a brole model. When I was new in this town, you took me under your wing and showed me the bropes. And I will always preesh that. Not only did you school me in proper brotocol, but you were a spiritual leader, a confidant, and, more importantly, a bro. You taught me how to be true to my inner bro and to bros around me. You are a real bro. Not a fake bro, like those other douches. I hate fake bros, bro. Faux breaux. **** that. No, really, bro…you're practically a bro-ther to me.

Look at you, blasting in like Rambro and firing off your launcher like nobrody's business, bro. Serious Brotosaurus Rex action. Brodius Maximus. I'm not big on labels, but you, more than any of the wiggers, bitches, goth chicks, dorks, homos, or Mexicans I know, are absolutely beyond rebroach.

In fact, your brotitude is so brossential that, in many ways, you are the ultimate brototype: You sprung out of the brotean ooze at the very broment of creation, unformed, unmolded, and became the ultimate bro, more powerful than any who came brofore. I don't fear your power, bro, but I respect it. And I will always brobey it.

Brosemite Sam. Potassium Bromide. Brobi Wan Kenobi. Brover Norquist.

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some ****. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.

Bro-S.A.! Bro-S.A.! I'm so pumped right now! Bro-S.A.!

You are the epitome of bro, in every brossible way, and that's the Bro's honest truth, bro. I may have a bropensity for broverstatement, but this no mere hyperbrole: You are 100 brocent, absbrolutely the broest. Brotally.

I wish I had the words to describe what a good friend you are, dude.

lighten up.
BryanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16200
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaashh View Post
ya bro thats my next thread when i posted a thread being well aware of the issue at hand and am trying to prevent it. your sick and know about subarus!

And can someone who knows a little more than they wont even fit with 50 sidewall ratio chime in cuz they are bolted up and fit no rub with my car slammed.

and there is NOTHING worse for US and the community than people and posts like THIS

the kiddies and idiots ARE winning

Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
zeropsi
*** Banned ***

Member#: 175453
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
AE86 GT-S coupe
i <3 alqonquin homosauce

It's not just a matter of fitment. They're still two different widths, even if you shave the heights to match. When you have a symmetrical AWD system like Subaru's, you need to keep everything symmetrical and the same on all four corners, including tires. The 10mm difference in width doesn't bode well for the center diff.

That alone should rule it out, regardless of if they fit without rubbing.
zeropsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #8
mav1c
Hoodbridge!

Member#: 560
Vehicle:
2006 STi, '11 A4
Crystal Gray, Silver

You're ruining your center diff every time you drive. What more do you need to know?
mav1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
REX8
*** Banned ***

Member#: 24038
Chapter/Region: South East

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropsi View Post
It's not just a matter of fitment. They're still two different widths, even if you shave the heights to match. When you have a symmetrical AWD system like Subaru's, you need to keep everything symmetrical and the same on all four corners, including tires. The 10mm difference in width doesn't bode well for the center diff.

That alone should rule it out, regardless of if they fit without rubbing.
No...

Just no.
REX8 is offline   Reply With Quote