Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 30, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #1
BRaskin82
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 357930
Default Please HELP! Issue with 08 STi steering wheel controls

My audio controls on my steering wheel were acting up for a few months, where occasionally the functions of the vol + & - would get crossed with the track up & down. Then it started happening much more frequently and with a wider variance in which buttons were being mixed up and doing different things. I thought it was an issue with the physical controls, so I replaced them and the issue continues. I'm kind of at a loss and would love some insight or suggestions from the "gurus" on how to fix this..ASAP! It's driving me nuts. This is an aftermarket Pioner Avic HU, I'll add the exact model number tomorrow. I can take pictures etc, if there is anything anyone needs to see in order to help me.

Thanks so much in advance!

Brad
BRaskin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
corlon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 352266

I'd be thinking a ground issue right off the bat with only the info you've given so far.
corlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:14 PM   #3
BRaskin82
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 357930

Thanks, I'm gonna try and pull everything out tonight and start going through the harness. The HU is a Pioneer Avic-x8610bs
BRaskin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:51 PM   #4
sectachrome
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 55620
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatchback
OBP

Sounds like it might be your steering wheel control adapter. I'm assuming you had someone else install? There's a separate little box that get's wired in to retain the functionality of your stock steering wheel buttons. I'm not an expert my any means, but in my recent research to replace my stereo I have read about them malfunctioning like you described.
sectachrome is offline   Reply With Quote