Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #51
Aaron'z 2.5RS
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 1026
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hickigan
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

Default

Nice addition..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:50 AM   #52
Aaron'z 2.5RS
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 1026
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hickigan
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

Default

Image Dynamics OEM subs (ID sub, someone else's name) cheap... These are the Image Dynamics ID series..

12" D2 coil config..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D10

12" D4 coil config...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D10

10" D4 coil config..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D10
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:10 AM   #53
burtont62
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 148211
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: anthem az
Vehicle:
04 sti
black

Default

brand new in box Clifford rsx 3.2. Everypart is there. $175.00 in Arizona.
burtont62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:16 AM   #54
burtont62
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 148211
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: anthem az
Vehicle:
04 sti
black

Default

Brand new jl 10w7 3ohm. Never hooked up or used. Just been hanging out in the office for a while and I waant to sell it. $ 300.00 If necessary I can get the shipping box and rings, Shipping is up to you.This thing probably weighs 40lbs.
burtont62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #55
Aaron'z 2.5RS
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 1026
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hickigan
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

Default

This isn't a place to sell your wares... we have a place for that...

Other peoples sure, but not your own... Please edit... Or put on Ebay..
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #56
KA-T_240
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 188402
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Moorhead, MN
Vehicle:
05 STI
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBayResident View Post
I just ran across a thread reviewing this guy

Boss Audio BASS600

Its an 8" Amplified Sub with remote gain control and all that. The reviewer made it sound pretty good, and Amazon has it rated at ~4.5/5 Stars!


Now 60% off (115.05$ instead of 286$!)


Amazon.com: Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch Low-Profile Amplified Subwoofer (Single): Electronics

Probably gonna get me one of these, they also make a 10" version (the Boss Audio BASS1200)
hmmmmm... This looks interesting. I wonder how the SQ is on something like this, and how "hard" it hits. Maybe this is what i have been looking for(takes up little space and provides good bass and SQ).
KA-T_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #57
Debevemos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 159234
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Woodinville, WA
Vehicle:
08 Outback Sport
Black

Default

Came across this.... HERE not sure if its the best deal but with $50 off, the installation kit/instructions, and dynamat extreme kit it seemed like a good bargin.

Anyone have an opinion on those speakers?
Polk Audio db6501
6-1/2" component speaker system
Debevemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #58
alachua
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34842
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philly burbs
Vehicle:
HA HA!
Cookies on dowels!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron'z 2.5RS View Post
Found some solid amps cheap... They get good, personal, reviews from people I would actually trust to speak facts.. lol..

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_120/Amp...FBrand|Clarion
Here are some guts shots of the 850x1 DPX1851:







Not a bad lookin layout, though I'm not thrilled with how the thermal grease is applied, the recessed controls will make adjustments in a tight spot difficult. I do like the remote gain control thought. It comes made to be custom mounted, even including a sticker to put on a panel if you punch it through. It looks like it will fit behind a switch blank with almost no trimming.

Something tells me I will be figuring out how to eliminate the LED's, or at least preventing them from shining through.


-Cliff

Last edited by alachua; 12-19-2009 at 09:00 PM.
alachua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #59
Gouki
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131124
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Dublin, CA
Vehicle:
2001 M5
Jet Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron'z 2.5RS View Post
I need to put these here...

www.Darvex.com

Good deals on install products... I've bought all of my Stinger power terminals from them... I love the Stinger HPM line..

www.PartsExpress.com

Much like Darvex, but with FAR more products... raw drivers, pre-fab enclosures, tools... you name it...

+1 for high end Stinger stuff!

If BAM09 wasn't this weekend (mad tyte raffle maddness!!!)

I'd be all over some cables and dampening action.

Great find!
Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #60
Aaron'z 2.5RS
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 1026
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hickigan
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debevemos View Post
Came across this.... HERE not sure if its the best deal but with $50 off, the installation kit/instructions, and dynamat extreme kit it seemed like a good bargin.

Anyone have an opinion on those speakers?
Polk Audio db6501
6-1/2" component speaker system
I saw that on there too, and buying from CF is a good idea if you feel you might need a warrentee... they are really good about things like that.. And with everything CF sells, they are 100% authorized..

You CAN find them cheaper... but, that's up to you..
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #61
Aaron'z 2.5RS
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 1026
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hickigan
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alachua View Post
Here are some guts shots of the 850x1 DPX1851:


Not a bad lookin layout, though I'm not thrilled with how the thermal grease is applied, the recessed controls will make adjustments in a tight spot difficult. I do like the remote gain control thought. It comes made to be custom mounted, even including a sticker to put on a panel if you punch it through. It looks like it will fit behind a switch blank with almost no trimming.

Something tells me I will be figuring out how to eliminate the LED's, or at least preventing them from shining through.


-Cliff
I've read elsewhere that those clarions are based on the Arc Audio KS line... i'm sure some cheaper components have gone into them, but from the other site, people seem to like them well enough... and for the money.. well, it's like a sore wang.. can't beat it..
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #62
bpang1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67225
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Spokane, WA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
JBP

Default

Some nice savings on speakers from Crutchfield...not sure how you guys feel about Boston Acoustics...I haven't researched them or heard them in a car.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-48u8Egq...omnews=5180964
bpang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:24 PM   #63
drmichael
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 68340
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mill Creek, WA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
SMG

Default

Alpine PDX-2.150 for $275 shipped!!

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/PD...FRZCagod8wqQcw
drmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #64
Aaron'z 2.5RS
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 1026
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hickigan
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

Default

Phoenix Gold RSD 10" sub 42.69$... free shipping on Amazon... Gets great reviews like the comps..

Amazon.com: Phoenix Gold RSD 10-Inch Subwoofer: ElectronicsAmazon.com: Phoenix Gold RSD 10-Inch Subwoofer: Electronics
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #65
thisisbrock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 22064
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: in the mitten
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmichael View Post
Alpine PDX-2.150 for $275 shipped!!

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/PD...FRZCagod8wqQcw

they have some pretty good prices all around!
JL Audio 1000/1v2 - Back to School 2009 Sale! $655.00

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/10001v2.aspx

JL1000/1


anyone ever order from them?
thisisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #66
WRBear
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 207171
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Gun wavin' New Haven
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbrock View Post
anyone ever order from them?
My roommate just did, and he was disappointed. Took them a while to ship out his amp. I think they weren't very good about updating him. I'll let him chime in though
WRBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #67
thisisbrock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 22064
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: in the mitten
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRBear View Post
My roommate just did, and he was disappointed. Took them a while to ship out his amp. I think they weren't very good about updating him. I'll let him chime in though
ok cool. just wondering how the actual product was. everything says brand new factory sealed.
thisisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #68
UM-WRXer
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 44623
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Geneva, CH
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRBear View Post
My roommate just did, and he was disappointed. Took them a while to ship out his amp. I think they weren't very good about updating him. I'll let him chime in though
Yea i ordered from them and will never use them again. I ordered a Kenwood KAC-X4R amp from them 3 weeks ago (7/21) and i finally got it lastnight. After i ordered it, they never sent me a confirmation on shipment date...cause they didnt have it in stock. I wait a week before trying to contact them (thats what an automated email had instructed), they replied wtih "just a few more days"...thats it, no status on what is going on, nothing to help me understand that it may take up to a month to recieve my item. I consistantly email them every week to see if there is any progression, "just a few more days....". Finally after 2.5 weeks i get a notice from UPS that they have received billing information from DCA. I check it a couple days later and it says that they have changed the shipping date pushing it back 3 more days. At this point, i felt ive waited long enough, 3 more days okay whatev.

Pickup the item lastnight and its not sealed, box has looked like it was opened, and it smelled like basement (mildewy smell) . I originally decided to purchase the amp from them b/c i was afriad that i would get an open box item or a refurbed unit from other vendors/ebay. It ends up my intentions were in vain. I should have saved like 50 bucks and bought from a vendor like sonicelectroix who have a 2 year warrenty on all items...out of the box it looks unused and new so im thankful of that, i hope it works as intended or ill be

BTW, im Bears roomate
UM-WRXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #69
thisisbrock
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 22064
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: in the mitten
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UM-WRXer View Post
Yea i ordered from them and will never use them again. I ordered a Kenwood KAC-X4R amp from them 3 weeks ago (7/21) and i finally got it lastnight. After i ordered it, they never sent me a confirmation on shipment date...cause they didnt have it in stock. I wait a week before trying to contact them (thats what an automated email had instructed), they replied wtih "just a few more days"...thats it, no status on what is going on, nothing to help me understand that it may take up to a month to recieve my item. I consistantly email them every week to see if there is any progression, "just a few more days....". Finally after 2.5 weeks i get a notice from UPS that they have received billing information from DCA. I check it a couple days later and it says that they have changed the shipping date pushing it back 3 more days. At this point, i felt ive waited long enough, 3 more days okay whatev.

Pickup the item lastnight and its not sealed, box has looked like it was opened, and it smelled like basement (mildewy smell) . I originally decided to purchase the amp from them b/c i was afriad that i would get an open box item or a refurbed unit from other vendors/ebay. It ends up my intentions were in vain. I should have saved like 50 bucks and bought from a vendor like sonicelectroix who have a 2 year warrenty on all items...out of the box it looks unused and new so im thankful of that, i hope it works as intended or ill be

BTW, im Bears roomate

wow, thank you for that. i will not order from them now.

ill have to keep looking around then.
thisisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #70
Aaron'z 2.5RS
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 1026
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hickigan
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

Default

Yeah, you gotta be careful with the SUPER cheap places...

I ordered my Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 5ch from Techtronics...

Well, right off the bat I thought something was amiss when I opened the box, it looked like it had been "bagged".. Like it had been opened, then re-wrapped...

I spoke to RF and they said that they DID in fact come shrink wrapped... They ALSO said that it came with a Snap-On ratcheting screwdriver with RF screened on it (60+$ from SO) which was MISSING....

I finally got it, but I wonder how many people bought from them and DIDN'T get the 60$ screwdriver... It was supposed to come with a T-shirt as well, never got it...

Never would I buy from Techtronics again..
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #71
bpang1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67225
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Spokane, WA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
JBP

Default

Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi 855 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator with Speech Recognition: ElectronicsAmazon.com: Garmin nüvi 855 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator with Speech Recognition: Electronics

Garmin Nuvi 855 for $200. On Amazon...so not sure how you feel about it...I have had fine dealings with them.

Here's a review site I use for GPS. http://www.gpsmagazine.com/2009/01/g...85t_review.php

This model is basically the model cycle previous to the current one which only JUST came out. It is the speech recognition version of the Nuvi that I have. I recommend this piece if you do not need Traffic or BT. It has everything else and can be outfitted with traffic if you pay for the receiver.
bpang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #72
sin13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194752
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2008 STi

Default

subscribed, good thread!
sin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #73
OUScooby
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 100449
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: NoHo
Vehicle:
'04 WRX 307whp278tq
'99 Imp L, '72 MGB

Default

Lilliput 7" VGA touchscreen on "buy it now" on ebay for $173.00. I just bought one for myself (it was $190 for me b/c I had to pay CA tax). There is still more than 10 left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1649wt_1167
OUScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:49 AM   #74
nation1979
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 192914
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: california
Vehicle:
06 sti
importimageracing is #1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron'z 2.5RS View Post
I need to put these here...

www.Darvex.com

Good deals on install products... I've bought all of my Stinger power terminals from them... I love the Stinger HPM line..

www.PartsExpress.com

Much like Darvex, but with FAR more products... raw drivers, pre-fab enclosures, tools... you name it...
DARVEX ftw,i love that place.
how about 4awg,8awg and larger wire in bulk along with fuse holders?
nation1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #75
Aaron'z 2.5RS
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 1026
Join Date: Mar 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hickigan
Vehicle:
'00 RS/WRX Stg5
'98 RS Stock

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUScooby View Post
Lilliput 7" VGA touchscreen on "buy it now" on ebay for $173.00. I just bought one for myself (it was $190 for me b/c I had to pay CA tax). There is still more than 10 left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1649wt_1167
I should break down putting a carPC together...
Aaron'z 2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Hot Deals" sub section proposal... Aaron'z 2.5RS Car Audio, Video & Security 9 07-27-2009 11:25 PM
We can end all the "hot chick" threads now HighWayDrifter Off-Topic 19 07-03-2008 02:33 AM
Why did the 'Discsussion' thread for the SOA recommendation thread get closed? left footed whooten News & Rumors 6 09-05-2006 01:47 PM
Do The Best New Threads Make The Best Used Threads? MightyWRX02 Off-Topic 6 08-20-2003 05:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.