Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Baja Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
texwr1889
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 139147
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wentzville/Chesterfield
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Black

Default Tunning help

Hey guys Cobb has my baja and they are trying to tune it, but have run into a problem with the fuel system. I was hoping someone here could give me their tuners information so I could have them get in touch with Cobb to help them, or at least give insight. They have had the car almost two weeks! If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
texwr1889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
Pursuit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 38370
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio TX
Default

More info on your baja and the problem they're having? There's nothing tricky about any of the bajas' fuel systems, nothing Cobb won't have seen before on other Subes I mean.
Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
twheats1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 147722
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Rockford, IL
Vehicle:
11 Rug
00 R 1100RS

Default

......

Last edited by twheats1; 08-15-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Thought you had a Baja, not aWRX
twheats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
Charlie-III
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 30669
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: 07456, North NJ
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy 2.5GT
Silver Sleeper Wagon

Default

Which COBB location?? SLC, Plano or PDX?????

I can't imagine any of the 3 would be unable to figure your issue out.

Have you tried posting in the COBB forums??
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
twheats1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 147722
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Rockford, IL
Vehicle:
11 Rug
00 R 1100RS

Default

I'm confused. Your profile shows you own a WRX. You are asking about a Baja. Which vehicle is yours?
If IIRC the tuning options for Baja's are ECUTEC, Open Source, and the Dastec tuning chip. I didn't realize Cobb made an Accessport for Bajas.
twheats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #6
BajaSleeper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186725
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver

Default

My tuner had to update my rom in order to tune my baja. Maybe that might help? He did OpenSource for mine.
BajaSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #7
BajaSleeper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186725
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twheats1 View Post
I'm confused. Your profile shows you own a WRX. You are asking about a Baja. Which vehicle is yours?
If IIRC the tuning options for Baja's are ECUTEC, Open Source, and the Dastec tuning chip. I didn't realize Cobb made an Accessport for Bajas.
Im pretty sure they don't make an Accessport for Bajas. I heard they haven't been able to crack the Baja ECU yet.

OP - Let me know how it goes! I'd like to know how good Cobb tunes the Baja! :]
BajaSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
Benhart21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 149617
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boulder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSleeper View Post
Im pretty sure they don't make an Accessport for Bajas. I heard they haven't been able to crack the Baja ECU yet.

OP - Let me know how it goes! I'd like to know how good Cobb tunes the Baja! :]
They don't/never did. That's why I bought an 04 STi ECU and the AP to go with it.
Benhart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
twheats1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 147722
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Rockford, IL
Vehicle:
11 Rug
00 R 1100RS

Default

I'm running an Open Source tune as well.
twheats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
Subie_Sleeper68
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 166403
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Center Valley Pa.
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver 340 AWHP 365 AWTQ

Default

www.turboxs.com guys. Utec Delta is a plug and play piggy back system AND they have one that has the Baja listed on its compatability list. I'm currently running a new FP 68HTA (love it!) 740 cc injectors and all the major supporting mods. It dynod 283 and 327 in a 100 degree shop with 98% humidity and stock iridiums with 45 k on them (WOOPSIE!) I'm going to go with a catless DP and different intake. SPT short ram is great for heat soak. Back to the Utec Delta. It has knock sensing (blinks the CEL if it detects knock AND pulls timing) launch control and an optional remote map selector switch with 5 user maps ( like 93 91 E85 gas&meth and a SAFE map) plus valet mode so nobody can whoop on your ride but you and an engine kill mode. COBB failed me miserably when I was trying to get an answer if a FXT AP would work. TurboXS made a map and then listed the Baja as a platform they support. Good Luck. If you call them (they're in Gaithersburg Md) ask for Germain, he's the head tech / tuner
Subie_Sleeper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:10 PM   #11
Dave G
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 4738
Join Date: Mar 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philadelphia PA
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_Sleeper68 View Post
www.turboxs.com guys. Utec Delta is a plug and play piggy back system AND they have one that has the Baja listed on its compatability list. I'm currently running a new FP 68HTA (love it!) 740 cc injectors and all the major supporting mods. It dynod 283 and 327 in a 100 degree shop with 98% humidity and stock iridiums with 45 k on them (WOOPSIE!) I'm going to go with a catless DP and different intake. SPT short ram is great for heat soak. Back to the Utec Delta. It has knock sensing (blinks the CEL if it detects knock AND pulls timing) launch control and an optional remote map selector switch with 5 user maps ( like 93 91 E85 gas&meth and a SAFE map) plus valet mode so nobody can whoop on your ride but you and an engine kill mode. COBB failed me miserably when I was trying to get an answer if a FXT AP would work. TurboXS made a map and then listed the Baja as a platform they support. Good Luck. If you call them (they're in Gaithersburg Md) ask for Germain, he's the head tech / tuner
Is all of that on your 2006 Baja Turbo?
Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
Benhart21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 149617
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boulder
Default

Almost $1100 for the UTEC? Ouch. I've got just over half that invested in the parts I mentioned, and if you factor in the 850cc injectors I picked up, about $300 or so for a VF39, and an E85 tune and I'll be at the cost of the UTEC.
Benhart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #13
JLBaja
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 137951
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: NJ / Florida
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo Blue
Phat Botti Tuned

Default

SS...next time I'm in Macungie visiting my sister (she lives next door to Mike - salesperson from Becker, the one with a TT and Jeep), I'd like to check out your Bad A$$ Baja!! I won't have my Baja with me since it doesn't leave Florida
JLBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #14
Subie_Sleeper68
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 166403
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Center Valley Pa.
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver 340 AWHP 365 AWTQ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBaja View Post
SS...next time I'm in Macungie visiting my sister (she lives next door to Mike - salesperson from Becker, the one with a TT and Jeep), I'd like to check out your Bad A$$ Baja!! I won't have my Baja with me since it doesn't leave Florida
LOL. He mentioned you to me! Sits in the next cubicle over too. Definately come by. I'll let you drive it.
Subie_Sleeper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:51 AM   #15
Subie_Sleeper68
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 166403
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Center Valley Pa.
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver 340 AWHP 365 AWTQ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benhart21 View Post
Almost $1100 for the UTEC? Ouch. I've got just over half that invested in the parts I mentioned, and if you factor in the 850cc injectors I picked up, about $300 or so for a VF39, and an E85 tune and I'll be at the cost of the UTEC.
www.jscspeed.com has the utecs for a lot less. Mention you're on the forums and they usually give a discount too. The utec does SOOOO much more than you'd think. It saved my engine by pulling timing when it started to knock on a few occasions before the tune was fixed.
Subie_Sleeper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #16
Subie_Sleeper68
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 166403
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Center Valley Pa.
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver 340 AWHP 365 AWTQ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave G View Post
Is all of that on your 2006 Baja Turbo?
Yup. Full list is SPT intake (going to replace it with a cobb or perrin unit that's not made of metal lol) gimmick inlet, TXS TMIC, 68 hta, 740 injectors, walbro 255, prodrive 3 port boost control solenoid, Utec Delta W remote map switch, alphawerks 4-1 header/uppipe,(BITCH TO INSTALL) titek catted DP (replacing with catless) random tech(xcceleration) cat back , perrin crank pulley PPG 1 - 4 helicals, 18 X 8 OZ Ultraleggeras Wilwood LGT 4pot fronts and '06 WRX 2pot rear conversion w/ Kartboy adaptors.Front and rear Whiteline sways.STI trans motor and stop pitch mounts. I think that's all. LOL I'll edit if I remember anything else. Dave, I'm not too far from Philly. I'm actually in Delco every other weekend to pick up or drop off my daughter at the ex's house. I live about 10 minutes from Dorney Park.

Last edited by Subie_Sleeper68; 08-31-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Subie_Sleeper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:34 PM   #17
BajaSleeper
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186725
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_Sleeper68 View Post
www.turboxs.com guys. Utec Delta is a plug and play piggy back system AND they have one that has the Baja listed on its compatability list. I'm currently running a new FP 68HTA (love it!) 740 cc injectors and all the major supporting mods. It dynod 283 and 327 in a 100 degree shop with 98% humidity and stock iridiums with 45 k on them (WOOPSIE!) I'm going to go with a catless DP and different intake. SPT short ram is great for heat soak. Back to the Utec Delta. It has knock sensing (blinks the CEL if it detects knock AND pulls timing) launch control and an optional remote map selector switch with 5 user maps ( like 93 91 E85 gas&meth and a SAFE map) plus valet mode so nobody can whoop on your ride but you and an engine kill mode. COBB failed me miserably when I was trying to get an answer if a FXT AP would work. TurboXS made a map and then listed the Baja as a platform they support. Good Luck. If you call them (they're in Gaithersburg Md) ask for Germain, he's the head tech / tuner
Sorry for the OffTopic..

Actually I heard the SPT Short Ram is terrible for heat soak. Because of all the heat coming from the turbo in that area. I heard (from my tuner {getadomtune.com}) you're better off sticking with your stock intake and changing to a K&N filter. I guess the short ram does something with the MAF sensor where it basically tricks the car into thinking it takes in more air which runs your car richer in fuel. Its more of a feel good mod, because you can hear the turbo sucking in air and it looks cool. Next time I go down to my tuner, I'll be sure to get the specifics. Just some advice from one subie/baja lover to another.

-BajaSleeper
BajaSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #18
Subie_Sleeper68
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 166403
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Center Valley Pa.
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver 340 AWHP 365 AWTQ

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSleeper View Post
Sorry for the OffTopic..

Actually I heard the SPT Short Ram is terrible for heat soak. Because of all the heat coming from the turbo in that area. I heard (from my tuner {getadomtune.com}) you're better off sticking with your stock intake and changing to a K&N filter. I guess the short ram does something with the MAF sensor where it basically tricks the car into thinking it takes in more air which runs your car richer in fuel. Its more of a feel good mod, because you can hear the turbo sucking in air and it looks cool. Next time I go down to my tuner, I'll be sure to get the specifics. Just some advice from one subie/baja lover to another.

-BajaSleeper
ABSOLUTE TRUTH! The coolant lines actually clip onto the thing! I'm going Perrin. Maybe even Perrin cold air. Untill then the SPT unit has exhaust wrap hose clamped to it. Hahaha
Subie_Sleeper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tunning help fastfox17 South East Region Forum 3 02-08-2007 09:31 AM
Tunning Help jacket03WRX Engine Management & Tuning 4 07-14-2005 08:48 PM
ohh jebus need local utec tunning help? drifterx North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 20 11-06-2003 11:31 PM
Link ECU tunning help WRXThis Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 10 06-17-2002 03:50 PM
('93-'01) Cobb Tunning ? Help Jimmy Impreza Forum 1 05-07-2001 08:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.