Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #226
ResidentR
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 281656
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Centreville, VA
Vehicle:
1989 Blue V6 Toyota
Camry Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWRX View Post
What other mods do you have done? Stock block and internals? TMIC or FMIC? Thanks.

Nice numbers by the way.
Thanks.

I actually put down a bit more power than that, but my tuner dialed back timing slightly to help keep the motor from blowing up too soon

That's just with an AEM intake, FMIC, DW1000 injectors, DW65C fuel pump, GS EBCS, and catted turboback exhaust.

Stock header, stock TGV's, stock inlet, and stock block.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ResidentR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #227
Original-ATWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 357107
Join Date: May 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentR View Post
I got tuned with a KAMAK TD06SL2-20g a week ago on my 2011 WRX, and it made 370whp/381tq on a dynojet. Very happy with it so far, the billet compressor and sts turbine wheels are works of art.
That's good to hear, do you feel that the STS turbine helps the turbo spool quicker? Does it hold boost right up to red line?
Original-ATWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #228
ResidentR
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 281656
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Centreville, VA
Vehicle:
1989 Blue V6 Toyota
Camry Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original-ATWRX View Post
That's good to hear, do you feel that the STS turbine helps the turbo spool quicker? Does it hold boost right up to red line?
I haven't tried a non-STS turbine to compare it with, but the STS wheel has a lot more surface area than the older style wheel, while I believe being lighter. Not having seen the other option I cant tell you how big of a difference it makes, but it is definitely a quality piece of engineering and if I didn't get it I would certainly regret it. On a bigger turbo like this every little bit helps.

If you are on a tight budget and need to replace a turbo I wouldn't hesitate on going with the Kinugawa, but if you can save a little more I would say the KAMAK is worth the difference in price.

It holds boost all the way to redline, and wants to go way past it. Never before have I felt that the rev limiter was a severe performance limitation in my car
ResidentR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #229
Original-ATWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 357107
Join Date: May 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentR View Post
I haven't tried a non-STS turbine to compare it with, but the STS wheel has a lot more surface area than the older style wheel, while I believe being lighter. Not having seen the other option I cant tell you how big of a difference it makes, but it is definitely a quality piece of engineering and if I didn't get it I would certainly regret it. On a bigger turbo like this every little bit helps.

If you are on a tight budget and need to replace a turbo I wouldn't hesitate on going with the Kinugawa, but if you can save a little more I would say the KAMAK is worth the difference in price.

It holds boost all the way to redline, and wants to go way past it. Never before have I felt that the rev limiter was a severe performance limitation in my car
That's great to hear. I've already bought mine, it's in my wardrobe hiding from the wife

Being fitted on Saturday and mapped on Wednesday.
Original-ATWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #230
Original-ATWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 357107
Join Date: May 2013
Default

Well it's definitely a TD05-20G. Andy Forrest (THE MAN) mapped it this morning.

TD05-20G Billet with STS 9 Blade Turbine
HRC 340l/hr Fuel Pump
3 Port Boost Solenoid
3" Straight through Decat Exhaust
K&N Panel Filter

Made 391 BHP and 368 lb.ft Torque. The car ran out of Air and Fuel, but the turbo was still going.

Andy thinks with FPR or bigger injectors and an induction kit I will see well over 400bhp. Cracking Turbo and plenty at the top end, was pulling strong well past 6500 RPM.

Love it, Love it, Love it.

Not bad for a 750 Turbo.

Original-ATWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #231
tekfoc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21392
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Vehicle:
2014 45 AMG MB
WHITE /07 STI IS SOLD

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original-ATWRX View Post
Well it's definitely a TD05-20G. Andy Forrest (THE MAN) mapped it this morning.

TD05-20G Billet with STS 9 Blade Turbine
HRC 340l/hr Fuel Pump
3 Port Boost Solenoid
3" Straight through Decat Exhaust
K&N Panel Filter

Made 391 BHP and 368 lb.ft Torque. The car ran out of Air and Fuel, but the turbo was still going.

Andy thinks with FPR or bigger injectors and an induction kit I will see well over 400bhp. Cracking Turbo and plenty at the top end, was pulling strong well past 6500 RPM.

Love it, Love it, Love it.

Not bad for a 750 Turbo.

what fuel injectors are you running at the time of tuning .
tekfoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #232
gurusan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 258165
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Beaverton
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
WRB

Default

Nice turbo. You need a heatshield and turbo blanket though
gurusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #233
Original-ATWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 357107
Join Date: May 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekfoc View Post
what fuel injectors are you running at the time of tuning .
STi Pinks. I think I'll try to lay my hands on some 750's
Original-ATWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #234
Original-ATWRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 357107
Join Date: May 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusan View Post
Nice turbo. You need a heatshield and turbo blanket though
Can't get a heat shield on due to the oil feed, but will invest in a blanket soon.
Original-ATWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: NoVA: Draco Performance Turbo Blanket for Small Frame Turbo. adjasont Engine/Power/Exhaust 4 06-05-2010 03:15 PM
Kamak Turbos drmichael Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain 5 02-22-2010 07:04 PM
BNIB Kamak 18G 8cm and DW 650 sidefeeds badhogan Engine/Power/Exhaust 15 10-01-2009 07:34 PM
KAMAK Turbos? 98jdmwrx Pre-2002 Factory Turbo Powertrain 11 06-21-2009 01:10 AM
Kamak Turbos? somaguchi Newbies & FAQs 11 06-11-2009 03:37 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.