Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Water/Methanol Injection, Nitrous & Intercooler Cooling

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Th3R1pp3r
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 220930
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Question Water/Meth on My 2004 WRX Hybrid "The Dilemma"

My 2004 WRX with an EJ257 ShortBlock,TurboXS FMIC, Modded Stock Injectors (800cc), VF22 Turbo and a Turbo XS UTEC, Greddy Headers, Grimmspeed Up-pipe w/ V-Band (External Wastegate TiAL .38mm 1bar spring), Invidia V2 Bellmouth Downpipe (HeatWrapped) HKS HiPower 3" Full Exhaust, Perrin Turbo Inlethose, Perrin Lightened Crank Pulley.. etc.. Recently made 340 whp and 360 ft/torque, that was on my stock clutch with slipping, so I bought a new Stage 1 with HD Pressure Plate from Exedy, and the Lightened Flywheel as well (Currently Breaking In)..

I live in DR and supposedly our best Gas is "91"octane... So when I want to do Full Boost 20-23psi I use 4 Gallons of C16 and 10 gallons of Pump Gas, which actually costs a lot of money, and now Since I went External Wastegate with a 1bar spring, my low boost settings reaches 14.7psi which gives me Knocking on Pump Gas only..

So what I came up with was to install the AEM Water/Meth Injection kit in order to help out with the knocking and increase octane levels from the pump gas, in this way substituting the need to mix pump gas with 4 gallons of C16, thus saving money and also that I will always have Higher Octane fuel so I could be Daily Driving on High Boost.

The deal is about what Water / Meth percentages should I go for, I want higher octane to run high boost without knocking, but I also want to protect my engine thats my main focus, my goal is 350WHP and I think I was already there with my burnt stock clutch, I'm breaking in the new flywheel and clutch and when I'm done I want to Tune with the new AEM Water/Injection Kit..

Ok my tuner said I should go for 100% Meth (Mh5), since I'm not going to use Race Fuel anymore, and a fellow WRX owner That has the most beefed up WRX in the island said that I should use water in the mix to reduce the knocking etc.. He recommended 30 / 70 for Water / Meth.

I would really appreciate any input you could give me with this situation, since I'm planning on installing the Kit on Saturday the 22nd just before my Bday..

To sum it up:

*Goal is to run high boost (22-23psi) with Pump Gas (about 91octane) and The Water/Meth Injection (Is it possible?).

*Full (100%) Methanol (MH5) The type of methanol sold by the makers of VP Race Fuels ?

*Mix 50/50 or 30/70 Of Water and Meth ?

*Any other observations? Pull timings a little compared to my previous tune with Mix of C16 and Pump Gas? Location of Pump and 1 Gallon Tank?

Thank you all..

BTW: Weasel555 has been the main contributor on advising me on my Daily Driver's Mods
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Th3R1pp3r is offline   Reply With Quote