Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-04-2002, 10:31 PM   #1
Pibbextra
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 18371
Vehicle:
02 Impreza WRX
Silver

Default How was the rim of the world rally?

Yea I am stuck in Texas and couldnt go. Was it as everyone hoped it would be? anyone who went tell us some details
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Pibbextra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 10:57 PM   #2
Mako
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5770
Vehicle:
2000 Legacy Outback
Green with Stromung & CAI

Default Subaru presence at Rim: Report

By far the biggest manufacturer representation was Subaru. The owner's VIP hospitality tent was cool, the swag was good--sticker sheets, poster, 2001 Rally recap book. And we did get a cheap little mini-backpack with a dust filter to wear, tubes of sunscreen and lip balm and a free RIM official program. We want T-shirts though! Hyundai was giving them out, but it seemed like EVERYONE was wearing the Subaru VIP guest passes from their necks. Not to mention meeting Petter Solberg. Cool!

Along with the official tent there were quite a few vendor tents and their modded cars in attendance. Plus ALL OVER THE PLACE were privately owned Subies! It was an awesome sight! TONS of WRXs, RS 2.5's, decked out from stock to sick. Subarus were the king at RIM 2002.

That said, the various Evos, Hyundais, VWs etc were all pretty cool to look at. They had a yellow Evo 7 on display on Saturday, complete with FMIC. But the Hyundai and Mitsu people didn't seem very up on their products. Hell, the Mitsu people were giving out bags with brochures toting some rally event from last year??!

The best part IMHO was the service action at the Metrolink station on Friday night. The car that Lovell had rolled cruised in and what a trip it was to watch the Subaru techs swarm over it like ants, furiously fixing the right rear wheel and axle, the hood, the lights, who knows what else, on a car that had been rolled, and still get it out on time. Very cool to stand just a few feet away from the teams and watch them wrenching in the glare of generator-powered lights. From down the way you'd see the multi-lights of another rally car and the roar of the engine, then they'd thread their way through the crowd to their bay.

Very cool RIM 2002!
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 12:28 AM   #3
MattDell
Scooby Guru

Member#: 16803
Chapter/Region: International

bruce, how'd you go from Germany to SOCAL?
MattDell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 01:28 AM   #4
Mako
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5770
Vehicle:
2000 Legacy Outback
Green with Stromung & CAI

Default Missed ya!

Bummed! Wished I coulda met you! I saw Subie Gal there, btw. I was in an Aussie-style floppy green hat and Vuarnets (who wears Vaurnets anymore, but they're still the best!)

Next year then!
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 05:38 PM   #5
Uncle_Git
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2461
Vehicle:
2007 Lotus Exige S

Yea I shot a few rolls of slide film - I'll link once I get them souped , scanned and online.

I was wearing a white www.mulsannescorner.com T-Shirt and a black winter Olympics had and was poking my camera at everything that looked fast - I caught a few of the stages including a great stage on Sat night - when David Higgins came through the Yumps he got the thing in the AIR !

Laughlin O`Sullivan was on a hell of a charge as well and looked to be pretty much flat out cutting everything he could and taking loads of risks - awesome to watch !

Hope everyone had fun ... same time same place next year...
Uncle_Git is offline   Reply With Quote