Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
W3StCoAsTSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219955
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default Will i have problems with wheel spacers

i know theres already threads on this but nobody was talking about it on stock suspension and wheels.ok so im running stock suspension because i want to keep it a bit off road rally-ish...im also running stock rims... im wondering if i put 1.5" wheel spacers to give it more of a "mean" stance, will it mess anything up or anything bad happen...please dont be a ass about this and say stupid **** that wont help i just need logical answers thanks

oh and if anyone has pics of a car with 1.5" wheel spacers please show
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
W3StCoAsTSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Himynameisgreg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 200420
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Park City, UT
Vehicle:
'08 DGM 2.5i Sedan
'05 AW STI Track Car

Default

you will probably need to get extended studs, or else your lugs won't be on as tight as they should be.
i think the going amount of turns for a lug to be safe is six...
1.5" is going to take up too much of your stock studs.
Himynameisgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
W3StCoAsTSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219955
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himynameisgreg View Post
you will probably need to get extended studs, or else your lugs won't be on as tight as they should be.
i think the going amount of turns for a lug to be safe is six...
1.5" is going to take up too much of your stock studs.

ya i was kinda expecting to have to get new studs just cuz i dont think i would feel safe without them haha. ya thanks for answering with no bull**** just a straight answer...what a lot of people on here need to learn how to do thanks
W3StCoAsTSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
Fhantom-rex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 114072
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Melbourne Florida
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Midnight Blue

Default

When you ask will it give it a mean stance I usually couple that with a lowered probably more aggressive stance. It will surely push your wheels out further giving you a more flush look as well as widening your cars stance giving it more lateral stability and helping with cornering and control. From what I have gathered on these forums they are hated on by most people their usual response is "Buy wheels with correct offset blah blah blah." I have also read tons of threads going on about wheel bearings, but it seems that most people who run them find that it really doesn't hurt their cars as much as everyone seems to think. Like I said just speaking from what I have researched. I say go for them even if you were to get wheels with a wider offset then oem it would be doing the same thing. H&R has some great wheel spacers and good prices on them
Fhantom-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
Newbuggy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152042
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Lynden, WA
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default

1.5" seems like a lot. if you do go with it them I would keep a close eye one your wheel bearings, you may have some rubbing issues. Itll definitely look B.A!
Newbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #6
W3StCoAsTSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219955
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhantom-rex View Post
When you ask will it give it a mean stance I usually couple that with a lowered probably more aggressive stance. It will surely push your wheels out further giving you a more flush look as well as widening your cars stance giving it more lateral stability and helping with cornering and control. From what I have gathered on these forums they are hated on by most people their usual response is "Buy wheels with correct offset blah blah blah." I have also read tons of threads going on about wheel bearings, but it seems that most people who run them find that it really doesn't hurt their cars as much as everyone seems to think. Like I said just speaking from what I have researched. I say go for them even if you were to get wheels with a wider offset then oem it would be doing the same thing. H&R has some great wheel spacers and good prices on them
ya your right thats what i saw too..alot of the people who dont have them talk **** on them... but people who actually own them say they are great..i think im just gonna go for it.."whats the worst that can go wrong"...famous last words..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuggy View Post
1.5" seems like a lot. if you do go with it them I would keep a close eye one your wheel bearings, you may have some rubbing issues. Itll definitely look B.A!
ya i measured today and 1.5..which would actually be 3.0 from both sides...is way too much. i think im just gonna go with a half inch on each side
W3StCoAsTSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:52 AM   #7
Fhantom-rex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 114072
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Melbourne Florida
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Midnight Blue

Default

half inch equates roughly to like a 15mm spacer which is probably gonna be enough to make the stock wheels right around flush with your fenders
Fhantom-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:28 AM   #8
Suprafast98
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 209081
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, CA
Vehicle:
2003 Wrx Wagon
PSM

Default

please post pictures i wanna see what this would look like, those stock rims flush would look pretty dope
Suprafast98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:35 AM   #9
classicaddict
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220619
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: aberdeen MD
Vehicle:
04 wrx wagon
silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3StCoAsTSTi View Post
ya i was kinda expecting to have to get new studs just cuz i dont think i would feel safe without them haha. ya thanks for answering with no bull**** just a straight answer...what a lot of people on here need to learn how to do thanks
1.5 inches seems very extreme. i have no knowledge yet of scooby tuning and......anything really save OEM maintenance since i am a scooby tech. however i would say no more than .5 inches on a spacer. i do know subaru wheel bearings are not the strongest things in the world and spacers WILL destroy bearings no matter what car it is.


cliffs notes; 1.5 BAD idea. also with a 1.5inch spacer long studs shouldnt be a thought......they are nessisary as the studs will likely be .25inches deep in the wheel.
classicaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:47 AM   #10
W3StCoAsTSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219955
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhantom-rex View Post
half inch equates roughly to like a 15mm spacer which is probably gonna be enough to make the stock wheels right around flush with your fenders
Yaa i think the 15mm would look better too its not too big like the 1.5 i have a feeling theyll look way cleaner. thanks for the input
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprafast98 View Post
please post pictures i wanna see what this would look like, those stock rims flush would look pretty dope
ya man im not sure when im planning on getting them but i deffinetly will..o and speaking of rims..which one would you go with...?

WHITE??


OR BLACK???

Im also waiting for someone to do Photoshop lime green for the rims just to see how it looks so let me know which one you think.
W3StCoAsTSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #11
gaugeof12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132859
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Here is your lime green....



If it were me I would go with a metallic black. I have a very similar colored car and thats what I got. I think they look great. GL on your decision!

gaugeof12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
W3StCoAsTSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219955
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaugeof12 View Post
Here is your lime green....



If it were me I would go with a metallic black. I have a very similar colored car and thats what I got. I think they look great. GL on your decision!

ya that looks a little too much for me haha i was just curious. ya im gonna actually just go with a gloss i dont want it really metallic. i was thinking of buying a bronze metallic and after i paint them black i was gonna maybe do a light overspray of bronze to get that bronzish look ya know. idk yet
W3StCoAsTSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #13
litowrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132418
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: #502 GT
Vehicle:
2004 EJ207

Default

Ypu should get 25mm spacers...

and buy this kind:

litowrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #14
fastWRX06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 222103
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fairfax, VA
Default

25mm is right
fastWRX06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
nhat
#Belieber
Moderator
 
Member#: 140163
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: 3MI Racing
Vehicle:
03 STi
hellaflunctional

Default

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

hellaflush looks hellastupid @ stock ride height. ask any of the guys in the aggressive thread
nhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #16
W3StCoAsTSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219955
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litowrx View Post
Ypu should get 25mm spacers...

and buy this kind:
ya thats perfect! did you find where to buy that exact one? or is that just a picture?
W3StCoAsTSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #17
W3StCoAsTSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219955
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhat View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

hellaflush looks hellastupid @ stock ride height. ask any of the guys in the aggressive thread

well the only reason i dont wanna drop it is because i rally the car i actually use it how its supposed to
W3StCoAsTSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #18
grippy monkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 131067
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Inglewood!
Vehicle:
your "stance"
sucks

Default

^ then leave it the way it is... no reason to space out wheels if you aren't going to complete the look by lowering it a good bit. The stock BBS looks fine at stock height.
grippy monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:32 AM   #19
W3StCoAsTSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219955
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippy monkey View Post
^ then leave it the way it is... no reason to space out wheels if you aren't going to complete the look by lowering it a good bit. The stock BBS looks fine at stock height.
well widening the wheels for offroad use is actually good becuase it gives it better handeling..im not doing it all for looks im actually doing it for a purpose. but your right the stock rims look fine on stock height
W3StCoAsTSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:50 AM   #20
grippy monkey
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 131067
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Inglewood!
Vehicle:
your "stance"
sucks

Default

Then put a spacer on. Ichiba 25mm subaru specific adaptor... and done.
grippy monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:48 AM   #21
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3StCoAsTSTi View Post
i know theres already threads on this but nobody was talking about it on stock suspension and wheels.ok so im running stock suspension because i want to keep it a bit off road rally-ish...im also running stock rims... im wondering if i put 1.5" wheel spacers to give it more of a "mean" stance, will it mess anything up or anything bad happen...please dont be a ass about this and say stupid **** that wont help i just need logical answers thanks

oh and if anyone has pics of a car with 1.5" wheel spacers please show
one and a half ****ing INCHES

yer outa yer ****ing mind
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:52 AM   #22
W3StCoAsTSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219955
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippy monkey View Post
Then put a spacer on. Ichiba 25mm subaru specific adaptor... and done.
ya thats what im planning on doing. hope it works out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
one and a half ****ing INCHES

yer outa yer ****ing mind
haha i know im not doing that anymore i didnt realize how huge that was im goin with 25mm
W3StCoAsTSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 AM   #23
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3StCoAsTSTi View Post
ya thats what im planning on doing. hope it works out

haha i know im not doing that anymore i didnt realize how huge that was im goin with 25mm
yer STILL outa yer ****ing mind

25mm is an inch and THAT is still too much
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:07 AM   #24
W3StCoAsTSTi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219955
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
yer STILL outa yer ****ing mind

25mm is an inch and THAT is still too much
really? well thats why i asked questions what will be the smallest but most noticeable size i should get... i need your opinion you seem to know what your talking about
W3StCoAsTSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:11 PM   #25
litowrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132418
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: #502 GT
Vehicle:
2004 EJ207

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3StCoAsTSTi View Post
really? well thats why i asked questions what will be the smallest but most noticeable size i should get... i need your opinion you seem to know what your talking about
Don worry dude, its 25mm... your 'effective' offset wil be like +28 or something like that... lower offset wheels cause the SAME effect on wheel bearing and you dont see the 'hellaflushers' complaining about ANYTHING...

The problem is that some people what to use stock size studs with spacers... but this kind of spacers has built in spacers... so no problem.

I guess uncle scotty has never used spacers... ive been debating doing this mod (since getting nice wheels here in my country is practicaly impossible) i want to push my v7 wheels just a bit. so i have done like 6 months of research... and still i find that A LOT of people use them with NO problems...

so dont back out just because one guy tells you no... grippy has used them, anthonyfur is using some right now, and the list goes on... so dont worry.
litowrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any problems with 5mm spacers? jaytheman Brakes, Steering & Suspension 1 01-29-2010 07:33 AM
Request: Stock rims with wheel spacers Jonnyfilmboy Member's Car Gallery 5 09-19-2005 11:53 PM
ANyone local have some 5mm wheel spacers? Davenow New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 19 10-20-2004 01:00 PM
Any issues with wheel spacers? V REX Tire & Wheel 9 05-27-2004 11:07 AM
Accidentally filled up with 89, will I have problems? BrysImpreza Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain 17 05-02-2004 01:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.