|05-08-2002, 05:53 PM||#1|
Member Sales Rating: (0)
Join Date: Nov 2001
2008 Infiniti G35X
2011 BMW X5 Diesel
Bill Gray Subaru, Pittsburgh,PA
Let me start with a simple statement.
If You have the choice, DO NOT BUY A CAR OR DEAL WITH BILL GRAY SUBARU
Now that I got that out I will go into detail.
My original opinion of Bill Gray subaru when buying my car was just like every other dealership. It seemed a little shabby and packed together but lots of dealerships are in my area and my car buying process went decent to say the best. First off they gave me a very low price for my car and would not negotiate the price of the car I was buying worth crap. Secondly about 0 seconds before I sign the papers they tell me the car was in an accident and they replaced every part, so I go look at the car, its night out now and I can't see well in thier lot lights, the car looks fine enough for me because I had been there over 5 hours and I wanted to get home with my car.
So I got my 2002 Black WRX and I was happy to start. Then came the problems.
My engine kept reporting a misfire code, The first time I pulled it into the service department I noticed the whole area was a $hithole!
Let me explain: First there is about a 6 inch bump to go up then about a 1 foot drop that isnt gradual and the service guy even told me EVERY SVX they have had scrapes.
Secondly, the floor is an ugly mess, my old audi dealership I could eat off the floor, this one look like someone took a $hit and rubbed it into every part of the floor.
Third, the whole service department is badly lit, with 0 windows to let in outside light, they use an ensemble of handheld flourescent lights because you cant see jack inside there.
Fourth, the whole area is tightly packed, they only have about 5 or 6 bays to work on cars and you can barely fit cars in and out without hitting the walls, I sit and watch them move my car whenever I can.
Fifth, The waiting room is horrible!!! A few chairs and a few womens magazines and 1 tv to watch. They give some cofee and tea to drink but there is nothing to call home about whatsoever.
Last, My service department has ADMITTED to me they have worked on VERY FEW WRX's, oh so my car is a friggen guinea pig to them, I think Ill go somewhere else!
Lets move on to thier attitude.
1. Assessing my check engine light problem took 3 trips, the thid of which is when they sent my ecu back to get reflashed. (total time of my life taken up= no idea two 1 hour trips and I was on vaca when they fixed my car but my 5 day trip ended and they had JUST got done with it)
2. My rear bumper was obviously repainted from scratches in it that I did not see untill about 5 months after owning the car, they didn't belive me when I said it was tier fault and they claim I got in a wreck and they refuse to fix it. There is still a small section of the bumper that is painted black as opposed to MBP. The Sales manager was the one I dealt with then and he hassled me as much as possible. (total time = 3 hours at least + still not fixed)
3. Bad a/c condensor, they had to replace it! Took them a whole day to get it fixed and it still makes a wierd noise.
4. Drivers side door misaligned, they claim it is IMPOSSIBLE for the door to come of alignment normally and wont cover it because the cars accident probably caused it. I went down to the body shop and they told me thats impossible for the front right 1/4 panel damage to misalign the drivers door. (total time= a few hours and hopefully should be fixed under warrenty)
Aside from other small problems that is all I can think of right now.
As you can see they have treated me like crap and don't respect me at all. I will soon be using langston subaru for all my problems with my car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Last edited by 2k2; 02-21-2008 at 11:22 AM.
|05-23-2002, 02:53 PM||#2|
Member Sales Rating: (0)
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Clarendon Hills, ILVehicle:
2007 Legacy GT
Brilliant Silver Metallic
Hey Bryan, I was look at Bill Gray when I got my MY00 RS in 2000. They also did not budge at all when negotiating and I eventually got my RS from Bowser Subaru (on 51). I have also been taking my car back to Bowser for some routine stuff and they provide great serive and are also very quick. Not sure where exactly in Pgh u live, but try Bowser man. Hope that helped.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Suburban Subaru in Pittsburgh, PA||Susie's Suby||Dealership Reviews||18||03-04-2013 09:32 PM|
|WANTED: 2004 Subaru WRX near Pittsburgh, PA or Rochester, NY||anxman||Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds||4||09-22-2005 08:11 PM|
|2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, Trafford/Pittsburgh PA||slikrik05||Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds||27||08-14-2005 12:40 AM|
|Bill Gray Subaru Rally-X near Pittsburgh, PA||BRP1||Motorsports||2||04-28-2004 09:22 PM|
|Bill Gray Subaru - Pittsburgh, PA||A-REX||STi Forum Archive||2||05-22-2003 10:55 AM|