Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
AwdMotorsports.com
Vendor
 
Member#: 228147
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
08 STi
AW

Default AWD Motorsports 400mi 08' Sti.. 319whp / 344tq..

Event: Dyno
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Ambient Temp: 90-95
Elevation: 0
Weather: HOT

Car: 2008 Sti
Tuner: Eddie @ AWD Motorsports
Dyno Info: Dynojet
Peak HP at RPM: 319whp STD
Peak Torque at RPM: 344tq STD
Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: 241whp
Target Boost: 19psi
Target AFR:
Fuel: Pump Gas
Engine/Power Modifications: Listed Below

We had some free time today to get some bolt ons installed and dyno our Brand New Sti.. The Car has 400miles on the clock.. We dyno'd yesterday bone stock.. Im not sure what these cars make on a dynojet on average bone stock.. Maybe someone can share some info.. From our comparisons on the Evos we tune & race we don't have a high reading DJ.. The mods are below..

We are revisiting the Subaru Scene since i fell in love with the Sti after driving one finally.. So bear with me if you guys require any further info.. Just ask if you want to know anything... Thanks!!

AEM Intake
Cobb Stage 2
Gtspec Equal Length Header / Up pipe
Invidia Catless downpipe
BONE STOCK exhaust after downpipe


The lowest is Bone Stock.. 241whp

The 2nd Is Cobb Stock Setting, Mods Above & Stock Boost.. 288whp

The 3rd Graph Is mods + Cobb Stage 2.. 319whp / 344Tq

We didnt hook up RPM on stock setup so we have no TQ to show..The 2nd Graph shows TQ on the final Pull.. The tune didn't show any Knock and A/F seemed to be safe.. The tailpipe reading on our dyno is equivalent to 11.3-11.4 AF Ratio.. The main thing i wanted rid of right away was the SUPER LEAN low end before 4500RPM or 40-50mph as seen on the Bone Stock Graph.. That is INSANE to come like that from the factory.. Peak TQ running 14.5 AF cannot work for long IMO..



* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AwdMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
fourmicah
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128760
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Over there>
Vehicle:
2012 Ruckus/WRX
Red&White/Gray

Default

Nice results
fourmicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
godforbid67
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 137168
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: ummm..... Andrewtech ftmfw!
Vehicle:
06 Built SGM WRX
35r, PPG, 280's, PSS9.

Default

Where in coral springs are you guys? I am going to come check you guys out one day. I am one city north of coral springs. How much for one dyno pull? If you can do just one, I dont want three as I am only at 15 psi for my engine break in.

Chris
godforbid67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godforbid67 View Post
Where in coral springs are you guys? I am going to come check you guys out one day. I am one city north of coral springs. How much for one dyno pull? If you can do just one, I dont want three as I am only at 15 psi for my engine break in.

Chris
Lol chris they hold the record for the fastest street legal EVO, BTW I went to Coral Spring HIGH...why did I move to SC ?

Welcome to NASIOC Mike what are the plans for the STi? ...a 8 second street legal car? Lol
juanmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
godforbid67
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 137168
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: ummm..... Andrewtech ftmfw!
Vehicle:
06 Built SGM WRX
35r, PPG, 280's, PSS9.

Default

Juan, you used to live down here?
I have heard of them plenty of times but not for subys.......... Ohh and I got my clutch in and broken in finally!
godforbid67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
CatfaceType-R
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 81102
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Brushyoteefs@dentists.cats
Default

AWD Motorsports FTW! Great service and staff from all i've read on multiple forums. Mike is a serious car nut

Nice stuff guys, I would replace that catback asap just for the sound and a few hp at least

What's next, 6565? No seriously please!

<----loves seeing awd motorsports here on nasioc!
CatfaceType-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
Junior2JZ
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 64908
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Tuning 8/9sec Subies @ P&L
Vehicle:
10.8 XT+10.0@143 GR+
9.0@170mph GTR

Default

Very cool to have AWD on here. They build some SICK street/Track Evo's, so I cant wait to see what they do with the Subies!
I'm sure only good things are to come from these guys!
Junior2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
Junior2JZ
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 64908
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Tuning 8/9sec Subies @ P&L
Vehicle:
10.8 XT+10.0@143 GR+
9.0@170mph GTR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwdMotorsports.com View Post
The main thing i wanted rid of right away was the SUPER LEAN low end before 4500RPM or 40-50mph as seen on the Bone Stock Graph.. That is INSANE to come like that from the factory.. Peak TQ running 14.5 AF cannot work for long IMO..

Subaru wonders why they get some many Motor warranty claims..
Junior2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
Speed
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67371
Join Date: Jul 2004
Vehicle:
05 BUILT 2.4L STI

Default

Yeah... whoever was the genius that decided to run such a big delay in the CL/OL transition... should be hang! If SOA does this to improve fuel economy or emissions (meet CAFE or whatever) then they're just plain stupid. Running full boost at MBT on stoich is among the worst thing you can do to an engine.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
Rodwrx23
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170948
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Default

It was nice to see meet guys at the track today. I was the guy with the WRB '03 with the white wheels talking to Eddie. You should make a correction above for the following:

Weather: HOT as ****!

Hopefully you guys will host a dyno day soon!
Rodwrx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #11
m3evobr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 216304
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Florida
Default

Hey Buddy, nice to meet you too. We sure will, and the Subaru community will be more than welcome at the new shop.
We are planning on a chassis day with Robispec soon. We'll post about that as soon as we have the right date.
m3evobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #12
AwdMotorsports.com
Vendor
 
Member#: 228147
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
08 STi
AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godforbid67 View Post
Where in coral springs are you guys? I am going to come check you guys out one day. I am one city north of coral springs. How much for one dyno pull? If you can do just one, I dont want three as I am only at 15 psi for my engine break in.

Chris
Sorry for the late replies.. for some reason i wasnt getting notifcations..

The price for 1 pull and 3 is the same.. Time to strap and on strap is what costs $$.. For Nasioc Members we can do 75.00 for 3 pulls right now.. Same goes for 1.. Thanks!!

Mike
AwdMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #13
AwdMotorsports.com
Vendor
 
Member#: 228147
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
08 STi
AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
Lol chris they hold the record for the fastest street legal EVO, BTW I went to Coral Spring HIGH...why did I move to SC ?

Welcome to NASIOC Mike what are the plans for the STi? ...a 8 second street legal car? Lol
Thanks!! We actually hold the Quickest 4g63 powered Evo time now too..

Our plans honestly for the 08 is time attack and road racing.. I will be building an 06 Sti Drag car if anything.. Cant kill my new 08 just yet..LOL

Mike
AwdMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #14
AwdMotorsports.com
Vendor
 
Member#: 228147
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
08 STi
AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godforbid67 View Post
Juan, you used to live down here?
I have heard of them plenty of times but not for subys.......... Ohh and I got my clutch in and broken in finally!
Yes our main focus has been the EVOs for the last couple years but since we just got 2 GRB sti's we have no choice but to get crackin with the Subaru Community!!

Mike
AwdMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
AwdMotorsports.com
Vendor
 
Member#: 228147
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
08 STi
AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bblackongold View Post
AWD Motorsports FTW! Great service and staff from all i've read on multiple forums. Mike is a serious car nut

Nice stuff guys, I would replace that catback asap just for the sound and a few hp at least

What's next, 6565? No seriously please!

<----loves seeing awd motorsports here on nasioc!
Just did the catback this weekend.. Car is LOUD but i love it so far.. Im going to try to dyno tonight to see what it picked up for HP.. Thanks for the SUPPORT!!!

Mike
AwdMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
AwdMotorsports.com
Vendor
 
Member#: 228147
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
08 STi
AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Yeah... whoever was the genius that decided to run such a big delay in the CL/OL transition... should be hang! If SOA does this to improve fuel economy or emissions (meet CAFE or whatever) then they're just plain stupid. Running full boost at MBT on stoich is among the worst thing you can do to an engine.
Yes the Closed loop transition is madness.. The car is SO LEAN at peak TQ its crazy.. And yes i wonder why Subaru hasnt address the issue with a flash to resolve it.. They would rather replace motors i guess.. its nuts..

Mike
AwdMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #17
AwdMotorsports.com
Vendor
 
Member#: 228147
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
08 STi
AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodwrx23 View Post
It was nice to see meet guys at the track today. I was the guy with the WRB '03 with the white wheels talking to Eddie. You should make a correction above for the following:

Weather: HOT as ****!

Hopefully you guys will host a dyno day soon!
Yes our new facility has just opened and we are working to move the dyno all week.. So bare with us but we will be having a RE Grand opening and SUBARU dyno day for sure!! ill make a thread shortly about it!!

Was nice meeting you guys and hanging out doing some autocrossing.. Im addicted now.. LOL

Mike
AwdMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #18
godforbid67
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 137168
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: ummm..... Andrewtech ftmfw!
Vehicle:
06 Built SGM WRX
35r, PPG, 280's, PSS9.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwdMotorsports.com View Post
Sorry for the late replies.. for some reason i wasnt getting notifcations..

The price for 1 pull and 3 is the same.. Time to strap and on strap is what costs $$.. For Nasioc Members we can do 75.00 for 3 pulls right now.. Same goes for 1.. Thanks!!

Mike
Thats what I figured. Well I will wait until I am fully tuned then. I was going to go up to unforgettables dyno but when the time comes I will come to you guys. Where are you guys exactly?
godforbid67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #19
AwdMotorsports.com
Vendor
 
Member#: 228147
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
08 STi
AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godforbid67 View Post
Thats what I figured. Well I will wait until I am fully tuned then. I was going to go up to unforgettables dyno but when the time comes I will come to you guys. Where are you guys exactly?
Thanks.. The dyno at unforgettable is our dyno.. LOL thats the dyno we are moving to our new shop.. new addy..

AWD Motorsports
11530 Wiles RD
Coral Springs, FL 33076

Mike
AwdMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #20
godforbid67
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 137168
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: ummm..... Andrewtech ftmfw!
Vehicle:
06 Built SGM WRX
35r, PPG, 280's, PSS9.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwdMotorsports.com View Post
Thanks.. The dyno at unforgettable is our dyno.. LOL thats the dyno we are moving to our new shop.. new addy..

AWD Motorsports
11530 Wiles RD
Coral Springs, FL 33076

Mike
Damn how did I know you were going to say that? LOL
Are you guys sharing it? Or you bought it from them? (He didnt stick with it to long huh?)
godforbid67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #21
AwdMotorsports.com
Vendor
 
Member#: 228147
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
08 STi
AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godforbid67 View Post
Damn how did I know you were going to say that? LOL
Are you guys sharing it? Or you bought it from them? (He didnt stick with it to long huh?)
That has been our dyno since day 1.. The front of the shop where the dyno is says AWD Motorsports on it.. He was always welcome to use it but its our dyno..

Mike
AwdMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #22
02Rex6Speed
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 217894
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Western MA
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default Sweet

Nice. 08s are sweet I wish I could afford one.
02Rex6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #23
godforbid67
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 137168
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: ummm..... Andrewtech ftmfw!
Vehicle:
06 Built SGM WRX
35r, PPG, 280's, PSS9.

Default

Ohh man. I was informed wrong then, sorry. I know EXACTLY where you guys are though.
Would you all be interested in building a custom bracket (or w/e) for a lightweight battery in my car? I am going to get it corner balanced and I should do it before so I dont mess up the balance after.
Sorry for thread jacking a bit.
godforbid67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #24
Illusive
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 90436
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Sealy, TX
Vehicle:
2005 STI
Obsidian black pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwdMotorsports.com View Post
Yes the Closed loop transition is madness.. The car is SO LEAN at peak TQ its crazy.. And yes i wonder why Subaru hasnt address the issue with a flash to resolve it.. They would rather replace motors i guess.. its nuts..

Mike
SOA is quick to blame the owners instead, abuse/mods/maintenance...ect. The bean counters at subaru HQ probably got a raise out of this whole ordeal.

Nice results on yours. 245 for a stocker is probably on the middle grounds as far as what stockers usually put down between all the different dyno's people post here.
Illusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #25
AwdMotorsports.com
Vendor
 
Member#: 228147
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Vehicle:
08 STi
AW

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godforbid67 View Post
Ohh man. I was informed wrong then, sorry. I know EXACTLY where you guys are though.
Would you all be interested in building a custom bracket (or w/e) for a lightweight battery in my car? I am going to get it corner balanced and I should do it before so I dont mess up the balance after.
Sorry for thread jacking a bit.
Come by and we can make something work i am sure.. we just did one on my car...

Check it out...

AwdMotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AWD Motorsports GRB Sti.. Professional Studio Pics... AwdMotorsports.com Member's Car Gallery 7 12-09-2009 10:41 PM
AWD Motorsports Evo runs a 8.75@162 W/ Precision 67mm Turbo CatfaceType-R Proven Power Bragging 51 07-10-2009 06:02 PM
Price on 08' STi and 08' EVO bwco Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC 18 06-04-2009 04:19 PM
Quickest Evo: AWD Motorsports makes history CatfaceType-R Proven Power Bragging 180 12-26-2008 10:30 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.