Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday May 28, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Alaskan Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-15-2002, 04:14 AM   #1
Tusin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17074
Vehicle:
01 VW Jetta 1.8T
White

Default Another new Part installed.

Just got done putting on my Remus Exhaust over at Winslows.
It was a pretty smooth install (Mainly for all the help I was getting, lol), for it being probably the most major install that I have done my self to anycar, lol. Cutting the damn stock exhaust pipe with a Hack-Saw was a pain in the ass!

It sounds a little bit louder then my stock setup, just sounds meaner. Looks 100 times better tho. And can feel it on the butt-dyno.

I had a blast installing it. Thanks again Winslow for all the help. Ohhh yeh and Jay, thanks for the help too.
Tusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2002, 04:26 AM   #2
MRX7
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17404
Vehicle:
1996 TransAm WS.6
Dark Green

Maybe it will give you enough power to beat the civics this next week at the track? Jk man, Im sure you're stock muffler was holding back a few hp....just get those launches down!! I got faith in ya, Winslow was driving it pretty nice that day, and I can say it's not as slow as it's been running.

Good luck man, it better be in the 13's by the time Im back from Seattle next week. You should get you some drag radials too!

- Jason
MRX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 04:36 AM   #3
WRXnFX
Alaskan Mafia

Member#: 10398
Chapter/Region: AKIC

I'm serious try driving that monster off the line. It has way too much torque. Drag Radials might help, too. Buy the Quaiffe LSD!!! Glad I could help. Need Pizza? Let me get it for you.

Winslow
WRXnFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 04:41 AM   #4
Tusin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
01 VW Jetta 1.8T
White

Yeh the LSD is another mod in the near future, but people say it still doesnt help that much it is just all technique.

I just want to make one 13 second pass and I will be happy. But untill that day, I am going to keep practicing. People sure look at me funny tho during the day in normal traffic when I am screwing around in first gear, lol.

And yeh Winslow, if I ever need pizza (thanks for that BTW) I am going to have you hook me up. That is some of the funniest **** ever man. Getting 50% off almost every time you order, that is awesome.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:55 AM   #5
WRXnFX
Alaskan Mafia

Member#: 10398
Chapter/Region: AKIC

I can't wait for you to get back out on the track.

That was the best $15 Jason ever spent. It fixed his Subaru.

Winslow
WRXnFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 04:59 AM   #6
Tusin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
01 VW Jetta 1.8T
White

I cant wait either. Sooo looking forward to it. lol, damn cheap pizza!

Almost forgot about when we started up my car with just the Race-Pipe connected. hahahha. Blub-Blub-Blub-Blub, that was so freaking loud. Funny ****.
Old 05-16-2002, 02:09 AM   #7
Code-7
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5077
Vehicle:
'97 e39 540i6
Black

Quote:
Yeh the LSD is another mod in the near future, but people say it still doesnt help that much it is just all technique.
Whoever told you that is smoking crack. Get one, or you're not going anywhere as fast as you want to. Shouldn't rely so much on Vortex, especially the Mk4/1.8t forums. Way too much newbie BS flyin' around.

Which leads me to my question. Why Remus? They're overpriced, heavy, and certainly not the best for performance. Better a 2.5 TT or Neuspeed, especially for what I assumed you paid for it.
Code-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 04:12 AM   #8
Tusin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
01 VW Jetta 1.8T
White

Well there are certain people on the 1.8T forums on the Vortex that I Trust maybe about 8 lol. But if I remember right there are only acouple of guys using a LSD that are in the 13's. Skilled Drivers are getting 13's with No LSD, and not even DR's. Out of the people that I talked to that has a LSD, they say it doesnt help that much on our launches. They said it helped alot in Auto-X, or on a actull "track". I mean it defflinitly wont hurt, but $800.00 for somthing that will just "help" is a mod that I will probably do, but not anytime soon. Like I have said, the reasont he 1.8T is a bitch to launch is because after chipped they have a obsene ammount of Torque. Then add a Intake (Well that doesnt really give to much performance, Cool sound tho. DP, Race-Pipe, Exhaust, etc... Its even more crazy.

There are a few reasons I went with Remus. For one, they had it in stock at Eero. It is what VW sells for my car (That could be a really good thing, or a bad thing). It looks really sharpe. It was a really good fit. I mean I think I got pretty damn lucky on my cut (thanks again Winslow, lol). But once I slid the exhaust on, the hangers were in the perfect place. I was going to go with TT, but just one of those things about saving about $150.00 and being able to get it Right Now, lol. And I would let Neuspeed come 100 feet near my car. Also about the performance. Everyone on the Vortex agrees even tho the Remus setup is Mid-Pipe back it gives very close if not more performance then some of the Cat-Back setups. And Europeon Car did a test of a bunch of exhausts all on the same car, 01 Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg (Happens to be the same as mine, lol). The car already had a GIAC chip (I belive version 4, I have version 10). And also everyone agrees that this test was pretty fair. Here are a few examples. The Basline is 180HP and 211 ft/tq. (Actully now I think that the chip is a version 3, tq is kind of low). Neuspeed= 188 HP, 226 TQ. TT=190 HP, 229TQ. Remus=192HP, 228TQ. So in other words the performance is there.

Chick-Dig-Um!
Old 05-16-2002, 04:12 AM   #9
Tusin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
01 VW Jetta 1.8T
White

Ohhh yeh all those numbers are to the Wheels.
Old 05-16-2002, 05:26 AM   #10
Code-7
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
'97 e39 540i6
Black

As long as it's stainless.

I wouldn't put much faith into european car. Unfortunately, they're really the only euro rag around (unless you want to go to border's and buy some real import mags from the UK) that's available at regular store shelves. I only trust several people at Vortex myself.

Been at Vortex for awhile. Pushing 3700+ posts and have been there since the very beginning, when they only had 2500 members. I frequent the forums there more often than this one so its always interesting to see the mk2, mk3 and mk4's duke it out amongst each other. Hehe, gets some pretty interesting posts there.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:04 AM   #11
Tusin
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
01 VW Jetta 1.8T
White

I hear that. I never even browse any other forum the the 1.8T forum tho. And yeh its Stainless with a High-Heat Coating.

I hate going off of what mags say too. But it did seem like a unbiased test on all the exhausts. They even excluded the Super-Sprint setup because it was a full Turbo-Back. And yeh I have a few of those UK VW mags, they are mainly all about the Bugs and Busses tho, still pretty damn cool.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:15 AM   #12
R-RATED
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 16875
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Infomous racing crew

Go buy MAX POWER you know what a VW RS1 is?
R-RATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 06:30 AM   #13
Code-7
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
'97 e39 540i6
Black

Quote:
Originally posted by R-RATED
Go buy MAX POWER you know what a VW RS1 is?
Something we will never have, so fuggitaboutit.