Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
WRXerist
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 20235
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2006 FX45
Black

Default Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner - Where to Buy?

I need some of this stuff. I see a lot of folks here use Seafoam or GM Top Engine Cleaner product to do the same thing but wondering if this OEM chemical exists here in the States. Someone must know where to get it. If you do please let us know. I even email SubaruGenuineParts.com and they never heard of it.

Here is a Subaru dealership in Australia advertising the stuff:

http://www.subaru.com.au/owners/genu...hemical-range/

Then click on Upper Engine Cleaner.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRXerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Unabomber
Big Ron
Moderator
 
Member#: 18062
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: I can save you a ton of cash
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Default

Why use crap when the best engine cleaner in the history of the world is http://www.auto-rx.com/

Don't be a sucker, use QUALITY stuff!
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:37 AM   #3
WRXerist
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 20235
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2006 FX45
Black

Default

THe Auto-RX stuff is filled into the engine oil, where it cleans the engine internals. The Subaru upper engine cleaner is said to clean the induction system and the combustion chamber of the engine.
WRXerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Unabomber
Big Ron
Moderator
 
Member#: 18062
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: I can save you a ton of cash
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Default

Like any of that matters.....buy some Seafoam from Pep Boys and call it a day.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
tekfoc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21392
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Vehicle:
2014 45 AMG MB
WHITE /07 STI IS SOLD

Default

BG 44K I LOVE THIS STUFF IT REALLY WORKS GREAT !

http://www.bgfindashop.com/44K.htm?g...FQk75QodqVi0nA
tekfoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:21 AM   #6
WRXerist
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 20235
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2006 FX45
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekfoc View Post
BG 44K I LOVE THIS STUFF IT REALLY WORKS GREAT !

http://www.bgfindashop.com/44K.htm?g...FQk75QodqVi0nA
Thanks for the tip. That's helpful.
WRXerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
tekfoc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21392
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Vehicle:
2014 45 AMG MB
WHITE /07 STI IS SOLD

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXerist View Post
Thanks for the tip. That's helpful.
no problem !

thanks for posting this reminds me to order some more cans BG44K
tekfoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #8
09rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 216135
Join Date: Jul 2009
Vehicle:
2011 Civic SI
STX #66, 06 S2000 STR 180

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekfoc View Post
no problem !

thanks for posting this reminds me to order some more cans BG44K
Do you just run BG44k in your fuel, or do you induct it into the intake as well?
09rexwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
WRXerist
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 20235
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2006 FX45
Black

Default

My car is having some issues with stutter and then surging under acceleration. The car would start up fine and drives fine. But when it's cold and when it hasn't been started for a couple of days, when starting it, it would struggle to start but starts.

You guys think it might be a dirty IAVC? I was thinking of ordering a gasket for IAVC and changing it. See this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781242

I also have a new PCV to change but haven't gotten around to doing it. Maybe this month sometime... Here is the thread on how to if anyone is curious:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&highlight=pcv

Or do I need to clean the upper engine mount with the Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner or similar product like Seafoam?

The car has 88K miles. Just put in new plugs (NGK OEM), new engine oil (Mobil 1 synthetic). Still stock turbo and injectors but with Walbro fuel pump.

I also have the "3/16 mod", which I've read recently that this might be causing the surging while under load. May switch back this mod and see what happens...

WRXerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
tekfoc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21392
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Vehicle:
2014 45 AMG MB
WHITE /07 STI IS SOLD

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rexwagon View Post
Do you just run BG44k in your fuel, or do you induct it into the intake as well?
no I add it to the fuel tank so it cleans the intake manifold -fuel injectors- both cylinder heads - valves intake and exhaust and valve seats - piston crown area - fuel pump- fuel lines-pretty much every thing that fuel normally travels thrue gets cleaned .

now to clean the throttle body aka-butter fly I use Subaru throttle plate and induction cleaner spray part number is soa868v9170

I hope this helps good luck
tekfoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #11
tekfoc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21392
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Vehicle:
2014 45 AMG MB
WHITE /07 STI IS SOLD

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXerist View Post
My car is having some issues with stutter and then surging under acceleration. The car would start up fine and drives fine. But when it's cold and when it hasn't been started for a couple of days, when starting it, it would struggle to start but starts.

You guys think it might be a dirty IAVC? I was thinking of ordering a gasket for IAVC and changing it. See this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781242

I also have a new PCV to change but haven't gotten around to doing it. Maybe this month sometime... Here is the thread on how to if anyone is curious:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&highlight=pcv

Or do I need to clean the upper engine mount with the Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner or similar product like Seafoam?

The car has 88K miles. Just put in new plugs (NGK OEM), new engine oil (Mobil 1 synthetic). Still stock turbo and injectors but with Walbro fuel pump.

I also have the "3/16 mod", which I've read recently that this might be causing the surging while under load. May switch back this mod and see what happens...

clean or replace the idle air control valve - put a can of BG44K -replace the PCV valve-remove mass airflow sensor try not to lose the o ring or damage it
take mass airflow sensor and dunk the element portion with rubbing alcohol dry it and put back on . also start planing to replace the front oxygen sensor since your up there in mileage
tekfoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #12
WRXerist
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 20235
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2006 FX45
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekfoc View Post
clean or replace the idle air control valve - put a can of BG44K -replace the PCV valve-remove mass airflow sensor try not to lose the o ring or damage it take mass airflow sensor and dunk the element portion with rubbing alcohol dry it and put back on . also start planing to replace the front oxygen sensor since your up there in mileage
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Gonna order the seal replacement for IAVC and front o2 sensor for my 2002 WRX and replace them. The part number for front o2 is 22641AA042 I believe.
WRXerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #13
tekfoc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21392
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Vehicle:
2014 45 AMG MB
WHITE /07 STI IS SOLD

Default

tekfoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #14
WRXerist
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 20235
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2006 FX45
Black

Default

Gonna go with the OEM, which is $20 more. Oh well..

I believe Amazon sells the Denso one for $133 with free shipping. Search for Denso 234-9011. If you want Bosch 15537 then it's even cheaper...$106 with free shipping also from Amazon.
WRXerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #15
tekfoc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21392
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Vehicle:
2014 45 AMG MB
WHITE /07 STI IS SOLD

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXerist View Post
Gonna go with the OEM, which is $20 more. Oh well..

I believe Amazon sells the Denso one for $133 with free shipping. Search for Denso 234-9011. If you want Bosch 15537 then it's even cheaper...$106 with free shipping also from Amazon.
the site listed is for reference (gives you an idea) .

I still have warranty on my vehicle for 100.000 miles if something craps out on me .

now if Subaru decides to honer the warranty is another story ! depending what breaks.
if not all well . I really dont give a **** about the motor cause I'm planning a monster build in the engine dept anyways .
tekfoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to buy height adjustment rings for Helix DNA's? Donzo Brakes, Steering & Suspension 9 06-17-2010 04:13 PM
where to buy Foam intake cleaner locally? Special_K Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC 12 03-04-2009 05:13 AM
engine swap.... where to buy & how much? rhino1122 Built Motor Discussion 0 02-04-2007 12:14 PM
Where to buy BG 44K fuel system cleaner? j y Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC 9 03-29-2006 05:47 PM
where to buy rebuilt subaru engines? Woofy General Community 2 01-20-2006 02:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.