Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday May 22, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 04:12 AM   #1
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default Dyno: 2.5 Stock Turbo Makes 320 WHP

Event: Dyno Pull
Location: HB Speed Fountain Valley Ca.
Ambient Temp: 75 degrees Fahrenheit
Elevation: 15-45 Feet Above Sea Level
Weather: Sunny
Tires: Dunlop Sp 225/45/17

Car: 2009 WRX
Tuner: Jon @ HB Speed
Dyno Info: Dynomite
Peak HP at RPM: 320 @ 5k SAE Correction
Peak Torque at RPM: 335 @ 4.5K SAE Correction
Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: ???
Target Boost: 20 PSI
Target AFR: ???
Fuel: Pump 91 Octane
Engine/Power Modifications:
Cobb AP
Stock VF 52 Turbo
Header (PnP by wrxsubiemod)
Walboro Fuel Pump
Prodrive 3 Port BCS
AEM Intake
Perrin FMIC
Perrin TBE
Perrin Up Pipe
Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose

Other Modifications: Kartboy SS w/ Bushings
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by redzfit; 11-20-2009 at 05:38 AM.
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:14 AM   #2
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

here is my old dyno to compare.....

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1681620

Last edited by redzfit; 11-20-2009 at 05:21 AM.
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
swiftwrx1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 72352
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: L.A.,CA
Vehicle:
06 E85 v-mount
wht/bronzse WFC#555

Default

looks nice
swiftwrx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

^^^ Thanks. I just drove it to Big Bear and Back this morning and we went through the mountain so it was a fun drive.
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
PERRIN_Chris
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 186665
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Vehicle:
2014 BRZ

Default

Nice! Must be super quick now!
PERRIN_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
mcganz121
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138569
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Costa Mesa
Vehicle:
2010 A4 Quattro <-
06STI <- 09WRX <- 06WRX

Default

WOAH. Redfitz, im copying your setup.... stock injectors? they arnt maxed??
mcganz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #7
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN_Chris View Post
Nice! Must be super quick now!
Ya tahnks to you and Adam and all of our PM/Emails back and forth haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcganz121 View Post
WOAH. Redfitz, im copying your setup.... stock injectors? they arnt maxed??
Yes my injectors are stock. I dont know what the ICD's are I can call and find out. Whats nice if you compare graphs I have hp and tq gains of 30+ Under the hood is nice because I have that limited fmic with the red tubes and black core which goes well with the wrinkle red AEM intake and red perrin inlet hose...

I wish there was launch control for the AP so I can get some good 0-60 times.
Matt at HB Speed said pretty much anything from 330+ WHP is close to blowing the motor status so for now I plan on keeping the car as is for awhile.
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:26 AM   #8
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

here is a crappy cell phone pic of my engine bay
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #9
gtturborex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 90397
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzfit View Post

I wish there was launch control for the AP so I can get some good 0-60 times.
Matt at HB Speed said pretty much anything from 330+ WHP is close to blowing the motor status so for now I plan on keeping the car as is for awhile.
They told you 330 is close to blowing the motor? I made 504 on that dyno on my stock motor. No wonder why I'm having issues
gtturborex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
wrxsubiemod
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 165104
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: name where you like it
Vehicle:
E85 SoCalPorting
Phatron tuned

Default

Thats very impressive, I didnt know 09 WRX could do so well with its stock turbo.
wrxsubiemod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #11
DarkKnightBaku
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 199536
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Vehicle:
04 STi WRBlueDevil

Default

nice numbers on that stock turbo congrats
DarkKnightBaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #12
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtturborex View Post
They told you 330 is close to blowing the motor? I made 504 on that dyno on my stock motor. No wonder why I'm having issues
What kind of car do you have? A STI motor can handle alot more power than a wrx can. I would assume anytime your making 500+ whp on stock internals you are gonna run into some problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxsubiemod View Post
Thats very impressive, I didnt know 09 WRX could do so well with its stock turbo.
Thanks! I am pretty sure it is close to its peak...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnightBaku View Post
nice numbers on that stock turbo congrats
Thanks. With all my mods I those where the numbers I wanted to put down on his dyno so I am happy it did
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #13
jexeffectz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131976
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So. Cal/Cerritos
Vehicle:
2006 18g'd WRX
CGM on Black

Default

Awesome numbers man. I bet this is HUGE step up from the fit.
jexeffectz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #14
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexeffectz View Post
Awesome numbers man. I bet this is HUGE step up from the fit.
+1,000,000 haha. I can not believe I wasted so much money into that car with i/h/e and volk's. It was a nice car and all but it was no Subie. To me it just seems like you get sooooo much more out of modding a turbo compared to a n/a car. You figure MAYBE 5 whp with exhaust on the fit compared to +30 whp with a turbo back on the Subie.
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #15
noonagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 159745
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Daphne, AL
Vehicle:
2007 drunkman tuned
mega meth

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzfit View Post
What kind of car do you have? A STI motor can handle alot more power than a wrx can. I would assume anytime your making 500+ whp on stock internals you are gonna run into some problems.
How do you figure? only difference between the two motors is the dish in the pistons, same rods, same crank, different pistons and different heads. the pistons are the same strangth and the heads just have a different chamber. So basically the same engine but wrx's have a higher compression ratio so in turn can make a bit more power.
I'm running 420whp/430wtq on stock internals on an sti, no problems yet and its 50,000 miles strong.

Your tanny is getting close to failure at that power if you do not drive it properly.
noonagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #16
gtturborex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 90397
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzfit View Post
What kind of car do you have? A STI motor can handle alot more power than a wrx can. I would assume anytime your making 500+ whp on stock internals you are gonna run into some problems.
Yeah I have an 06 Sti with a 35r. I knew I would have problems and eventually need a new motor. I just wished I could of gotten a clean run down the track with this setup. Immediately after my tune I was running extremely rich. Jon told me I have a boost leak somewhere. I still havent been able to find it though.
gtturborex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:34 AM   #17
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonagon View Post
How do you figure? only difference between the two motors is the dish in the pistons, same rods, same crank, different pistons and different heads. the pistons are the same strangth and the heads just have a different chamber. So basically the same engine but wrx's have a higher compression ratio so in turn can make a bit more power.
I'm running 420whp/430wtq on stock internals on an sti, no problems yet and its 50,000 miles strong.

Your tanny is getting close to failure at that power if you do not drive it properly.
Anytime your car is making over twice its original you are gonna run into some problems. I am a "nooby" so I do not know exactly why you would run into problems but I am sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in and answer your question. Personally if I ever went rotated setup I would look into upgrading pistons/rods and retainers + whatever else my tuner would suggest. I know of 2 3g WRX guys who have blown their motor with a stock location turbo but having low compression in a cylinder...
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:40 AM   #18
noonagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 159745
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Daphne, AL
Vehicle:
2007 drunkman tuned
mega meth

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzfit View Post
Anytime your car is making over twice its original you are gonna run into some problems. I am a "nooby" so I do not know exactly why you would run into problems but I am sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in and answer your question. Personally if I ever went rotated setup I would look into upgrading pistons/rods and retainers + whatever else my tuner would suggest. I know of 2 3g WRX guys who have blown their motor with a stock location turbo but having low compression in a cylinder...
Well stock location turbos can get very big. like a dom 4 or so, i have a td06-20g with a lot of meth. have a built block waiting on my 6262 turbo
noonagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:00 AM   #19
jexeffectz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131976
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So. Cal/Cerritos
Vehicle:
2006 18g'd WRX
CGM on Black

Default

Just curious...what made you go front mount?
jexeffectz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:47 AM   #20
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexeffectz View Post
Just curious...what made you go front mount?
*Well I got promoted at work so I was able to save up for the extra $$$. And I like the look.
**I have looked into a lot of different dyno sheets and it seemed like people with fmic were putting down more tq compared to similar mods. And I mean +30 wtq and I know different dyno read different etc....
***Something that helped me talk myself into spending that much on a fmic was I live in Socal so it is always hot and a fmic would cool my motor better and have less chance of heat soak. Just yesterday it was almost 80 degress...
****I eventually want to go to a bigger turbo and because I have an 08+ WRX the motor layout is a lot different and the stock location turbos are super limited. By going fmic I can run any stock location turbo the the previous gen WRX/STI can. So that was also something I took into consideration, so I spread the cost out. Because right now all I would need is larger injectors for a bigger turbo...
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:51 AM   #21
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonagon View Post
Well stock location turbos can get very big. like a dom 4 or so, i have a td06-20g with a lot of meth. have a built block waiting on my 6262 turbo
I want the DOM 2.5 XT-R but I think that might be too much power for my car. I just want a fun DD maybe when I have the extra $$$ I will upgrade my turbo so if I blow my motor ill have the extra $$$ to build it stronger
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:05 AM   #22
ramair18954
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28308
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philly
Vehicle:
03 td-06 wrx ra-c
Platinum

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzfit View Post
Event: Dyno Pull
Location: HB Speed Fountain Valley Ca.
Ambient Temp: 75 degrees Fahrenheit
Elevation: 15-45 Feet Above Sea Level
Weather: Sunny
Tires: Dunlop Sp 225/45/17

Car: 2009 WRX
Tuner: Jon @ HB Speed
Dyno Info: Dynomite
Peak HP at RPM: 320 @ 5k SAE Correction
Peak Torque at RPM: 335 @ 4.5K SAE Correction
Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: ???
Target Boost: 20 PSI
Target AFR: ???
Fuel: Pump 91 Octane
Engine/Power Modifications:
Cobb AP
Stock VF 52 Turbo
Header (PnP by wrxsubiemod)
Walboro Fuel Pump
Prodrive 3 Port BCS
AEM Intake
Perrin FMIC
Perrin TBE
Perrin Up Pipe
Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose



Other Modifications: Kartboy SS w/ Bushings
did you run any logs yet? If you did i would like to see plz. Any idea how agressive the tune is?
ramair18954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #23
jexeffectz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131976
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So. Cal/Cerritos
Vehicle:
2006 18g'd WRX
CGM on Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzfit View Post
*Well I got promoted at work so I was able to save up for the extra $$$. And I like the look.
**I have looked into a lot of different dyno sheets and it seemed like people with fmic were putting down more tq compared to similar mods. And I mean +30 wtq and I know different dyno read different etc....
***Something that helped me talk myself into spending that much on a fmic was I live in Socal so it is always hot and a fmic would cool my motor better and have less chance of heat soak. Just yesterday it was almost 80 degress...
****I eventually want to go to a bigger turbo and because I have an 08+ WRX the motor layout is a lot different and the stock location turbos are super limited. By going fmic I can run any stock location turbo the the previous gen WRX/STI can. So that was also something I took into consideration, so I spread the cost out. Because right now all I would need is larger injectors for a bigger turbo...
I live in So Cal too. I guess I'm trying to convince myself to go FMIC. How long have you been FMIC and hows the cop attention?
jexeffectz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #24
elscoobie20
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 214606
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Manhattan Beach
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
DGM AP Stage 2 + AEM CAI

Default

I'm curious if you got equal or unequal length headers?
elscoobie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:28 AM   #25
redzfit
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 191518
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: So Cal
Vehicle:
2010 EvoX<--H8Mitsu
2011 Mini S<-- Now

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexeffectz View Post
I live in So Cal too. I guess I'm trying to convince myself to go FMIC. How long have you been FMIC and hows the cop attention?
I have only been running fmic for a week or so. Cop attention should be low because its the black core so you can really see unless you know what you are looking for. I have only been pulled over once and that was because I rolled a stop sign right in front of a cop. And my windows are tinted "dark" and I have been ok.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair18954 View Post
did you run any logs yet? If you did i would like to see plz. Any idea how agressive the tune is?
Sorry I have not had a chance yet. I did have a chance to do some 0-60s on the AP and my clutch started slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by elscoobie20 View Post
I'm curious if you got equal or unequal length headers?
They are the stock unequal length headers

Last edited by redzfit; 11-24-2009 at 03:34 PM.
redzfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2.5 non turbo compatible with 2.5 turbo Bradd06 Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo) 1 02-27-2009 04:42 PM
WTB: (Northern VA) - Stock Injectors 2.5 Liter Turbo Engine (ASAP) hutru01 MAIC Private Classifieds 3 02-09-2009 10:30 PM
95 jdm 2.5 non turbo to a usdm 2.5 non turbo wireharness c1poweredeg Subaru Conversions 2 11-04-2008 12:28 AM
Yes you too can make fun of my 2.0L stock turbo jmlaser Proven Power Bragging 48 05-03-2008 10:23 PM
stock 2.5/ minnam turbo/and NOS? ej25turbo Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain 19 05-19-2002 08:34 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.