Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 6, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
12sechatch
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 132458
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kent, Wa
Vehicle:
Okie Dokie Fine

Default Anyone want to help with an up-pipe install?

Hey everyone, I've helped a couple people over the years here with stuff, and I'm hoping my good karma will come back around. I've never done an up-pipe and I don't have any air tools (plenty of hand tools) and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with an up-pipe install on my 2005 WRX.

I met someone a while ago that offered access to a lift somewhere in Auburn, I just don't remember his name

I'm doing this because I have a tuning appointment on Monday, so if anyone can help this week or weekend it would be GREAT!

Punch and Pie will be provided of course.

-Devin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
12sechatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
T-WRX05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 127420
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: AWDAuto
Vehicle:
2005 WRB WRX "AURA"
Blue'nBlack (personality)

Default

I've done several of those now and would be willing to help ya out, but not sure if I can this weekend.
T-WRX05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
baldchicken
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 92670
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: OREGON
Vehicle:
03 WRX
Silver

Default

Be careful with the up-pipe install though... a friend of mine install his, himself. He hit an oil return line *(which is really common I guess)... and ended up paying $500 to get it fixed.
baldchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
12sechatch
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 132458
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kent, Wa
Vehicle:
Okie Dokie Fine

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-WRX05 View Post
I've done several of those now and would be willing to help ya out, but not sure if I can this weekend.
I appreciate the offer at least, I need it done by Monday. Its either I do it myself, or I get JohnJohn at outback to help, either way, it will be done this weekend.
12sechatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
harryson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 205933
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Issaquah/Ellensburg
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
WRB

Default

Be prepared to have to go buy a few nuts and bolts... those things like to seize up... and, make sure you have new uppipe studs to put in, or have an amazing trick to get the stock ones out.... mine did not cooperate and I had to go get new ones. I would love to stop by and help if I didn't have back problems right now. I can stop by with tools if you need some, just let me know what you need, I have a few air tools that might help on a few bolts (motor mount).
harryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
JasonLHall
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 111318
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryson View Post
Be prepared to have to go buy a few nuts and bolts... those things like to seize up... and, make sure you have new uppipe studs to put in, or have an amazing trick to get the stock ones out.... mine did not cooperate and I had to go get new ones. I would love to stop by and help if I didn't have back problems right now. I can stop by with tools if you need some, just let me know what you need, I have a few air tools that might help on a few bolts (motor mount).
Where at in Issaquah are you? We were talking about doing some of this work at my house in Sammamish and air tools would be a plus
JasonLHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
harryson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 205933
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Issaquah/Ellensburg
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLHall View Post
Where at in Issaquah are you? We were talking about doing some of this work at my house in Sammamish and air tools would be a plus
I live in between qfc and safeway, off of 20th, where they are doing all of the stupid construction. So, technically, I am Sammamish, not Issaquah.
harryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
misterjoshua
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 140599
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kennewick
Vehicle:
'05 WRX Stg2
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12sechatch View Post
Hey everyone, I've helped a couple people over the years here with stuff, and I'm hoping my good karma will come back around. I've never done an up-pipe and I don't have any air tools (plenty of hand tools) and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with an up-pipe install on my 2005 WRX.
Air tools aren't really a necessity for an up pipe. Make sure you find some PB Blaster to avoid any stud breakage though.
misterjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
JasonLHall
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 111318
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryson View Post
I live in between qfc and safeway, off of 20th, where they are doing all of the stupid construction. So, technically, I am Sammamish, not Issaquah.
Ok, I am over behind Skyline
JasonLHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #10
harryson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 205933
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Issaquah/Ellensburg
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLHall View Post
Ok, I am over behind Skyline
You live in winter greens or whatever that neighborhood is called?
harryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #11
Cyclops
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 95017
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2000 2.2RSTI stroker
2010 SWP STI

Default

I was hoping I'd have some time Saturday but I can't guarantee I'll have time and I know you have an appointment. If you want to you can bring someone to my house and use my garage and compressor, just not sure if I'll have time to lend a hand.
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #12
JasonLHall
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 111318
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryson View Post
You live in winter greens or whatever that neighborhood is called?
nope, I am in renaissance ridge
JasonLHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #13
12sechatch
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 132458
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kent, Wa
Vehicle:
Okie Dokie Fine

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
I was hoping I'd have some time Saturday but I can't guarantee I'll have time and I know you have an appointment. If you want to you can bring someone to my house and use my garage and compressor, just not sure if I'll have time to lend a hand.
thanks Andrew! and everyone else that has offered. At this point, I think I'm either going to have VTR or Outback do it for me (save some hassle)
12sechatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wanna help with an up-pipe install? wiresix17 South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 5 10-10-2009 04:29 AM
anyone want to help with pinks/grp N install? Jared703 Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 16 07-20-2005 08:44 PM
Anyone want to help with an Engine Swap this week? marcus12 New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 29 08-14-2004 09:01 AM
Who in Toledo can help with an Up-pipe install? Will anyone take on the challenge? DANACoOp Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 6 06-04-2004 01:13 PM
Does anyone want to help with uppipe or spring install? Also need install suggestions rex n effect Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 4 10-03-2002 01:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2015, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.