|01-07-2010, 01:15 PM||#7|
Member Sales Rating: (10)
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Sanford, NCVehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX WRB
From the FP website.
A typical turbo rebuild is $410.00, and involves the following steps:
* Complete disassembly and inspection - turbos we receive are identified, marked, and torn down to component level. Each part is inspected for wear and/or damage, and cause of failure is identified.
* Cleaning and sandblasting - Turbine and compressor housings, bearing housing, and turbine wheel are stripped and refinished. If your housings are specially coated, we clean them with solvents to avoid damage to the coating. The bearing housing is refinished, flushed with solvent and honed before being cleaned, and the turbine shaft is polished to a mirror finish.
* Blueprinting - Journal bearing bores are honed and sized for proper for oil clearance. All parts and components are checked and verified against specifications.
* Reassembly - Turbo is reassembled with new journal and thrust bearings, o-rings, piston rings, fasteners, thrust collars, and seal plates.
* Balancing - All rotating components are double plane balanced as individual parts prior to assembly. After assembly the CHRA is dynamically double plane balanced as a complete CHRA to less than half the manufacturers allowable limit to verify the integrity of the CHRA and obtain the most perfect balance possible.
If you have questions about getting your Forced Performance turbocharger diagnosed or repaired, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
|02-06-2010, 01:51 PM||#21|
Member Sales Rating: (4)
Join Date: Nov 2008
2004 Impreza WRX STi
Java Black Pearl
Re: FS: FP red 8cm...leaking seals...cheap
Paid you over a week ago, still have not recieved or heard from you, where is my turbo?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|FS: FP red 8cm...leaking seals...cheap||q_dubz||MAIC Private Classifieds||12||01-24-2010 01:40 PM|
|FS: *BLOWN* FP Red 8cm||yoshi8me||Engine/Power/Exhaust||4||01-04-2010 10:05 PM|
|FS: FP RED w/ 8cm Hotside!!! like new||renosfasteststi||Engine/Power/Exhaust||11||03-21-2008 10:01 AM|
|FP red 8cm housings||mllrsti||Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)||33||09-07-2006 09:15 PM|
|FP red 8cm internally gated turbo||Peeblesmx445||Private 'For Sale' Classifieds||21||01-16-2006 10:57 PM|