Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #1376
2012WRXY
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316057
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Vehicle:
2012 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDshenanigans View Post
Exactly. I highly recommend it. I wouldn't consider anything else.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
2012WRXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #1377
bobturismo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 42145
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cruizin' down the street in my
Vehicle:
6-4 jockin da bish-
es and slappin the hoes.

Default

Today C3 will have

Remington 870 police trade ins, pistol grip, flashlight, sights etc. (must be registered as an SBS)

FN FAL used

Bushmaster ACR used

SIG 522 used

Palmetto state AR lowers

A huge pile of Bianchi Fullsize holsters, $10 EACH!!!! Normally $40

Last edited by bobturismo; 05-12-2012 at 03:13 PM.
bobturismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #1378
C-grunt
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152713
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: North Peoria
Vehicle:
2010 G37 Sedan
Gray

Default

I didn't make it yesterday but I'll try and stop by today sometime.
C-grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #1379
madmax_087
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 197077
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZIC Mesa
Vehicle:
1992 Dodge Ram W150
BAN CORINATOR

Question

What would you guys do in my situation:

I have around $750 in cash from selling my Tantal AK-74.

My original plan was to get an amazing new Waffen Werks AK-74.



http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct979.aspx

But, they are super backordered or something, I can never find them in stock, even at RRC.

I came across the CZ P07 at a gun shop, and I was pretty impressed from just holding it. It fit in my hand really nice, everything was very tight and it was very ergonomic.



http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p07-duty/

So what would you guys go with? I really want the AK-74, but I have no real sidearm or carry piece to speak of. My current stable includes a WASR-10/63 (AK-47), Mossberg 500 12G, single shot 12G, and a Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum . I'm leaning towards the CZ here because the GP100 I have is much too large to carry, I already have an AK battle rifle, AND the CZ can be had for much cheaper than the Waffen Werks rifle ($450ish for the CZ, $750+ for the Waffen).

Anyone have any personal experience on this pistol, or any suggestions? Don't think think I'm not looking at other guns as well, these two are just in the top spot right now.
madmax_087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #1380
sti1911
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280080
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Prescott, az
Vehicle:
2011 wrx/sti sedan
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax_087 View Post
What would you guys do in my situation:

I have around $750 in cash from selling my Tantal AK-74.

My original plan was to get an amazing new Waffen Werks AK-74.



http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct979.aspx

But, they are super backordered or something, I can never find them in stock, even at RRC.

I came across the CZ P07 at a gun shop, and I was pretty impressed from just holding it. It fit in my hand really nice, everything was very tight and it was very ergonomic.



http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p07-duty/

So what would you guys go with? I really want the AK-74, but I have no real sidearm or carry piece to speak of. My current stable includes a WASR-10/63 (AK-47), Mossberg 500 12G, single shot 12G, and a Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum . I'm leaning towards the CZ here because the GP100 I have is much too large to carry, I already have an AK battle rifle, AND the CZ can be had for much cheaper than the Waffen Werks rifle ($450ish for the CZ, $750+ for the Waffen).

Anyone have any personal experience on this pistol, or any suggestions? Don't think think I'm not looking at other guns as well, these two are just in the top spot right now.
The only downside that i have found with the CZ's is that you have VERY little slide to get a grip on when doing tac reloads or clearing malfunctions... thats the only reason that I don't like them. I know it sounds dumb but its something to think about.... Hard to get a grip on it if your hands are sweaty or god forbid bloody...
sti1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #1381
madmax_087
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 197077
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZIC Mesa
Vehicle:
1992 Dodge Ram W150
BAN CORINATOR

Subaru Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti1911 View Post
The only downside that i have found with the CZ's is that you have VERY little slide to get a grip on when doing tac reloads or clearing malfunctions... thats the only reason that I don't like them. I know it sounds dumb but its something to think about.... Hard to get a grip on it if your hands are sweaty or god forbid bloody...
Thats a good point, something I did not think about. Although I didnt have a problem with myself just messing around with it in the shop, I'm sure the more you shoot it, the more a problem like that will come up.
madmax_087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #1382
AWDshenanigans
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 197856
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: 'merikuh
Vehicle:
2010 FJ Cruiser
Sandstorm

Default

If you like the cz, you might want to look into the hk p30. It's pricey for a hand gun, but I love it.
AWDshenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #1383
2012WRXY
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316057
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Vehicle:
2012 WRX

Default

I have no experience with cz, but I am a big fan of glock and kahr arms. I vote get a good edc gun.
2012WRXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #1384
C-grunt
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152713
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: North Peoria
Vehicle:
2010 G37 Sedan
Gray

Default

You need a good carry gun. Check out the Smith and Wesson M&P line if you havent already. They have a new model out called the M&P Shield thats a single stack and would be very easy to carry.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...1_757781_image

After carrying for about 10 years now I have found that a smaller more comfortable gun will more likely be carried than a big heavy gun that you grew sick of carrying.

My list of great carry guns are:

Baby Glocks
Compact M&Ps
Shield
Snubby Revolvers from S&W or Ruger

I would personally grab a 9mm if I were you due to the lower cost of ammo and less recoil. Buy some good ammo like 147 grn Federal HST, 147 grn Gold Dot or 124 grn +P Gold Dot.

The most prolific gun used by police in America is the Glock, whith the M&P gaining quickly. There is a reason for this. They are tough and reliable which is what you want in a carry gun. How good it looks or how cool it is doesnt matter in a gun fight.
C-grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #1385
C-grunt
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152713
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: North Peoria
Vehicle:
2010 G37 Sedan
Gray

Default

As for when you buy a new AK. I highly suggest Arsenal.
C-grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #1386
C-grunt
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152713
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: North Peoria
Vehicle:
2010 G37 Sedan
Gray

Default

Double tap.

Last edited by C-grunt; 05-14-2012 at 01:49 PM.
C-grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #1387
C-grunt
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152713
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: North Peoria
Vehicle:
2010 G37 Sedan
Gray

Default

Burst fire

Last edited by C-grunt; 05-14-2012 at 01:50 PM.
C-grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #1388
MrMcCrackin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89202
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: McCrackin Plumbing
Vehicle:
I'm # 1 when it
comes to # 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
As for when you buy a new AK. I highly suggest Arsenal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
As for when you buy a new AK. I highly suggest Arsenal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
As for when you buy a new AK. I highly suggest Arsenal.


meh - just get AZEX to buld you one for cheaper and betterer
MrMcCrackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #1389
sedanman10
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112948
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Mesa, AZ
Default

+1 on AZEX
sedanman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #1390
GhostSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 106684
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Nürburgring.... Ok Ok In Forza
Vehicle:
2011 E92 M3
Le-Mans Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCrackin View Post
meh - just get AZEX to buld you one for cheaper and betterer
-1

I've shot both. I'd take my arsenal any day of the week
GhostSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #1391
GhostSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 106684
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Nürburgring.... Ok Ok In Forza
Vehicle:
2011 E92 M3
Le-Mans Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanman10 View Post
+1 on AZEX
another popular builder is azarmory.net. The guy is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE AT CALL BACK. you'll need to push him every step of the way. that being said he builds awesome AK's.. but witht he price of parts kits right now its cheaper to by the Arsenal and i haven't been able to tell a difference.

He does awesome duracoat jobs though. still take the arssenal just based on stress lol.
GhostSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #1392
MrMcCrackin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89202
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: McCrackin Plumbing
Vehicle:
I'm # 1 when it
comes to # 2

Default

both Jeff at AZA

and

Derek at AZEX


are awsome!
MrMcCrackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #1393
MrMcCrackin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89202
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: McCrackin Plumbing
Vehicle:
I'm # 1 when it
comes to # 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSTI View Post
-1

I've shot both. I'd take my arsenal any day of the week


first time i have ever heard anyone say something negative about AZEX


once your arsenal BBQ paint strips off - get AZEX to parkote it

MrMcCrackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #1394
madmax_087
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 197077
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: AZIC Mesa
Vehicle:
1992 Dodge Ram W150
BAN CORINATOR

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCrackin View Post
first time i have ever heard anyone say something negative about AZEX


once your arsenal BBQ paint strips off - get AZEX to parkote it

Or... You could just buy a Waffen, built from a commie, numbers matching parts kit, already coated in GunKote, and save money over the ridiculously high priced Arsenal.

BTW, I went with the CZ. I'll give a range report as soon as I can.
madmax_087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #1395
C-grunt
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152713
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: North Peoria
Vehicle:
2010 G37 Sedan
Gray

Default

Standard Arsenals start at 700 bucks. I dont see how that "rediculously overpriced" when Romanian CAI abortions are going for over 500 dollars.
C-grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #1396
sti1911
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280080
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Prescott, az
Vehicle:
2011 wrx/sti sedan
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
Standard Arsenals start at 700 bucks. I dont see how that "rediculously overpriced" when Romanian CAI abortions are going for over 500 dollars.
I actually picked up a cai Polish underfolder the thing is stupid nice... tight fitting tapco upgraded trigger... but as any of us with experience with cai know, sometimes you just get lucky i have somehow always managed to pick up winners from them guess i am lucky
sti1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #1397
C-grunt
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152713
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: North Peoria
Vehicle:
2010 G37 Sedan
Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti1911 View Post
I actually picked up a cai Polish underfolder the thing is stupid nice... tight fitting tapco upgraded trigger... but as any of us with experience with cai know, sometimes you just get lucky i have somehow always managed to pick up winners from them guess i am lucky
Yep. I have nothing against the Romanian rifles. Its the jokers over at CAI that put them together that I have a problem with. When I just turned 18 I bought a WASR and it had a mag well that was all messed up. Luckily Ghost's father is a machinist and fixed it up for me.
C-grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #1398
MrMcCrackin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89202
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: McCrackin Plumbing
Vehicle:
I'm # 1 when it
comes to # 2

Default

meh - mine was built by a commie and imported by CAI, AZEX gave it a once over, engraved it and parkoted
MrMcCrackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #1399
sti1911
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280080
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Prescott, az
Vehicle:
2011 wrx/sti sedan
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
Yep. I have nothing against the Romanian rifles. Its the jokers over at CAI that put them together that I have a problem with. When I just turned 18 I bought a WASR and it had a mag well that was all messed up. Luckily Ghost's father is a machinist and fixed it up for me.
yeah my polish one had the original commblock mag well not the crap cut out that the romanian ones have... best guess i can come up with is that, that is why it has a tapco trigger group.
sti1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #1400
C-grunt
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 152713
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: North Peoria
Vehicle:
2010 G37 Sedan
Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti1911 View Post
yeah my polish one had the original commblock mag well not the crap cut out that the romanian ones have... best guess i can come up with is that, that is why it has a tapco trigger group.
I believe the Polish ones come in as a parts kit with the recievers cut. I have heard that they use new Nodak recievers on those which are really good recievers.
C-grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SWIC Photo Thread - like photography? Post here. bObby South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 1902 07-05-2014 05:38 PM
The Official SWIC Dog Thread kpluiten South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 87 10-12-2011 08:53 PM
Official: SWIC phone thread aaron04 South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 34 06-30-2010 05:24 PM
**Official** SWIC menstration thread. Dirty Taco South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 9 06-25-2008 12:49 AM
Gun people - Kimber Pro Tac II, or HK USP compact??? Yes, ANOTHER gun thread..... Subasaurus Rex Off-Topic 9 11-11-2003 11:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.