Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
Dailyworks
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 265130
Default Ecuflash won't recognize def file

2004 Wrx MT
I've been communicating with tactrix for a lengthy while and can't figure out what the problem is. Romraider logs but can't upload my rom image. I have a lengthy talk in a text file but can't upload it for some reason. Can email it. I suspect a locked or modified ecu? But i'm very unsure

I have
-good voltage
-the right connectors connected(Car goes into test mode)
-Can log in RR
-ecuflash reconizes it and pulls the rom.

I'm very frustrated and tactrix has been very helpful but cannot get me through this problem

-My laptop is a Asus with windows 7
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dailyworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
quazimoto
Scooby Guru

Member#: 70395
Chapter/Region: MAIC

If you can pull the ROM then your waiting to long to initiate ECU flash. You need to initiate the flash before the car goes into test mode. Or maybe a pin got pushed back in your OBDII connector.
quazimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Dailyworks
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 265130

Quote:
Originally Posted by quazimoto View Post
If you can pull the ROM then your waiting to long to initiate ECU flash. You need to initiate the flash before the car goes into test mode. Or maybe a pin got pushed back in your OBDII connector.
I've tried waiting and tried initiating right when keying the car on. no change. If i pin was pushed back it wouldn't log in RR right?
Dailyworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
quazimoto
Scooby Guru

Not necessarily.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Paul H
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 21842
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Black with Dents

I am no expert but I regularly flash my 04wx 5MT this way:
Key out of ignition
White block plugged in
green connectors connected
Cable plugged in and turn on fully charged laptop without any programs running
Turn ignition key - you hear the fans cycle on and off
Start Ecuflash and open map you want to load
Test Write to ECU-once complete then Write to Ecu
Once write is complete shut down Ecuflash, remove key from ignition, disconnect green connectors, remove white block. At this point I run "Learning View" to check that IAM is changed.
Start car and log with Romraider

Hope this helps,

Paul
Paul H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
misfitsfreak81
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 346751

im having the same problem as the OP, i can pull the rom but it says that its not recognized by ecuflash. ive tried everything i can think of or have read on nasioc and rr site. i even sourced the ecu deffs from xpt tuning for both rr and ecuflash. any other suggestions or help is awesome. thanks.

mike
misfitsfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:34 AM   #7
quazimoto
Scooby Guru

it helps if you state what vehicle you have. You also need to have the lateest definitions for all programs (located on Romraider's website) and tell the programs where the definitions are. Read all of this:

http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/RomRaiderFAQ
http://www.romraider.com/Documentation/TuningFAQ
Old 03-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #8
misfitsfreak81
Scooby Newbie

It's for a 2004 wrx wagon 5spd, stage 2 xpt tune with all supporting mods. Yes, thanks, I've read all that numerous times to be sure I wasn't missing a step. All the definitions are the latest one and in the correct places as far as I can tell. Any other suggestions?
Old 03-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #9
quazimoto
Scooby Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitsfreak81 View Post
It's for a 2004 wrx wagon 5spd, stage 2 xpt tune with all supporting mods. Yes, thanks, I've read all that numerous times to be sure I wasn't missing a step. All the definitions are the latest one and in the correct places as far as I can tell. Any other suggestions?
You need to include the XPT definition file with the other definitions.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #10
misfitsfreak81
Scooby Newbie

quazimoto, ive also done that as well. still wont recognize it. im running out of ideas here.

location of the deff file is as follows for ecuflash C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\subaru\Impreza WRX

in romraider its in the the same location as the rest of the ecu deffs in the deff manager file
Old 03-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #11
Beauch
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 224241
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza wrx
platinum silver

make sure you got it as a bin file or hex. I had similar issues for some reason it wasn't saving it as the proper file type. make sure to type it in when saving. doesn't happen often but give it a try.
I'm referring the the map image, of course.
also much easier to edit with ecu flash and for flashing
Beauch is offline   Reply With Quote