Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Hawaii Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Hawaii Impreza Club Forum -- HIIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-08-2000, 11:44 AM   #1
RandyF

Member#:
Talking Honeymoon Locations? (kinda OT)

Yeah... I am the *king* of off-topic posts in the Northwest Regional...

I am planning my honeymoon this week, and I am looking at coming to The Islands for a week in July (probably the first week), and I have a couple of questions:

1) Which Island? I have never been there at an age worth remembering (supsesdly I have been there twice at age 2 and under)...

2) If I come the first week of July I would be there for the 4th, are there any "Out of the Ordinary" Independance Day celebrations that I could/should plan for?

4) Which rental car company should I rent from? I was looking at some packages with "Sport" car upgrades, but I have no clue what these cars would be. And since I am a Subie owner and an active member of this club I am sure you understand my need for a decent car (and of course some decent directions to some "fun" roads ).

Thanks in advance for your time and input...

---
Andy - Seattle
2kGT Wagon
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-08-2000, 09:27 PM   #2
WRX-STi
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 326
Vehicle:
99 WRX-STi
Pewter Metallic

Cool

1) Which Island? I have never been there at an age worth remembering (supsesdly I have been there twice at age 2 and under)...

I agree Maui or Kauai will give you what you want to see in Hawaii.

2) If I come the first week of July I would be there for the 4th, are there any "Out of the Ordinary" Independance Day celebrations that I could/should plan for?

There is nothing really going on this day except for maybe some Air Force manuvers. And probably some fire works in Waikiki.

4) Which rental car company should I rent from? I was looking at some packages with "Sport" car upgrades, but I have no clue what these cars would be. And since I am a Subie owner and an active member of this club I am sure you understand my need for a decent car (and of course some decent directions to some "fun" roads ).

Enterprise or Budget both rent out Subaru Foresters that you can beat the crap out of but I don't think they have sports cars. However there are companies out here that rent out Lamborghini Diablo's, Ferrari's, Porsches, and Vipers, but expect these to be extremely expensive. I know that Oahu and Maui both have these.

[This message has been edited by WRX-STi (edited May 09, 2000).]
WRX-STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2000, 01:29 AM   #3
WRX555
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 388
Lightbulb

Well, for you honeymooners, the quiet and romantic choices would have to be either Kauai or Maui. Both islands have beautiful places for the honeymooners. Just that everything closes early.
If you want things to do then, Oahu would be it!!! Kinda crowded but you will have things to do at night!!!
As far as rent a cars, you are on your own for that. I wouldn't know, besides you should look into hotel/car packages which are pretty cheap.
Well, good luck and enjoy your honeymoon here in paradise found!!!
WRX555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2000, 09:18 PM   #4
RandyF

Member#:
Thumbs up

Thanks for the input... I am getting ahold of the travel agency as we type, and we are thinking about Maui. I found out from my parents that the small-faded memory I have is of the Papakea Resort, and we are going to look at that, with one of the others farther south as an alternative.

I found out that the "Sport" vehicles I was looking at are Jeep Wranglers -ugh-, so I'll ask about the Foresters, I'd much rather have a "familiar" car.

Thanks, and I'll keep you guys posted!

A
Old 05-10-2000, 01:48 AM   #5
WRX555
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 388
Yes there are usually 4th of July fireworks programs going on, however in Waikiki, the Hilton Hawaiian Village puts on a fireworks show like, I think it, every Friday. As far as exotic rent a cars, in Waikiki there is a pplace which has the Ferraris, Lambos, vettes, and Lotus. DOn't know the name, but I am sure the hotel you will be staying will know it. As far as the outer islands, I have no clue whatsoever. Enjoy your honeymoon here in Hawaii!!
WRX555 is offline   Reply With Quote