Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 26, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
MAtwal
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 125053
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2004 Wrx Sedan
WRB

Default will 04 sti sway bars fit 04 wrx and is it considered an "upgrade"

Hey guys, im looking for a quick answer as im going tomorrow to buy some wrx parts and the seller also has an 04 sti sway bar (front and back) available. Ive looked for the answer to see if this will fit but I cant seem to find it clearly so I ask....

Will an 04 stil sway bar fit onto an 04 wrx and will this be an improvement. Are the sti sway bars thicker?

thanks guys.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
MAtwal
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 125053
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2004 Wrx Sedan
WRB

Default found thread

Ok so I gots some time away from my kids right now and I found this thread

The "Will this suspension part fit my car?" thread. Im still not clear if the front and rear 04 sti sway bars will fit right onto my 04 wrx.

this is under the 04 wrx section

"Swaybars and Swaybar mounts/bushings

All rear swaybars for any 02-07 RS and WRX will fit. STi rear swaybars will mount on the outside of the endlinks and their effectiveness is reduced.

04+ RS, WRX, and STi rear swaybar bushings will not fit 02-03 swaybar mounts.

04+ RS, WRX, and STi rear swaybar mounts will fit are an upgrade but require 04+ swaybar bushings.

Front swaybars for 02-07 WRX will fit, except on RS models. Wagons are different, see notes below.

02-07 Impreza RS require a specific sway bar to clear the non-turbo headers. WRX and STi front swaybars will not fit an RS."

ok so by how much is the sti rear sway bar effectiveness reduced. Also its not noted on here weather the front 04 sti swaybar will bolt onto the 04 wrx
Closed Thread