|05-25-2002, 04:37 AM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Sunny LA
Einstein Brain Teaser
Instead of getting a good nights sleep so I can pick up my Mom at the airport at 8 am Saturday (5/25). I've decided to go on the quest of finding Einsteins Logic Puzzle. A friend of mine sent me the puzzle in an email a few years ago, and I finally decided TONIGHT (I'm supposed to be asleep) to find it.
Here's the puzzle:
Albert Einstein once posed a brain teaser that he predicted only 2% of the worlds population would be able to solve.
1. There are 5 houses in 5 different colours.
2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
3. These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigarette and keep a certain pet.
4. No owners have the same pet, brand of cigaratte, or drink.
1. The Brit lives in a red house
2. The Swede keeps a dog
3. The Dane drinks tea
4. The green house is on the left of the white house.
5. The green house owner drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall keeps birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the house right in the center drinks milk
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill
12. The owner who smokes Camel drinks beer
13. The German smokes Marlborough.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house
15. The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.
The question is, who keeps the fish?
I don't know the answer yet, and I probably won't be looking at this thread for fear that someone will post the answer in big bold letters just to piss me off...
... I'm such a geek
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|05-28-2002, 02:33 AM||#3|
over boosted again
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Colorado Springs CO USAVehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0 XT
2005 2.5 RS, 2013 Tribeca
Simple, without looking, set up a table with Nation, color, drink, smoke and pet (order given to us that can actualy be entered ) going across.
And, go down the table by house 1 - 5, then fill in the blanks til you see one empty cell where fish would be the final pet (since only 4 animals were mentioned, fish has to be #5). That would be the....
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|brain teaser...||happasaiyan||Off-Topic||43||08-12-2005 12:15 PM|
|Brain Teaser thread||funky homosapien||Off-Topic||20||12-10-2003 05:50 AM|
|Brain teaser||Spheris||Off-Topic||6||11-06-2003 11:04 AM|
|Brain Teaser||FlyingObject||New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC||30||11-06-2003 09:54 AM|
|brain teaser||Bill||Brakes, Steering & Suspension||2||09-20-2003 10:17 AM|