Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 20, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Old 02-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 413060
Default Help Please ! Wrx trany swap 03 to 04 ?

Transmission swap 03wrx 5spd into 04auto
First off I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place sorry if im not lol

Here goes ... I have a wrecked 03 wrx & I'm starting to sadly realize that it's a lost cause trying to save it. She ran 12s so it's hard to let her go that easy lol when I got in the wreck I broke 3 cam gears so I'm better off just buying another wrx but the tranny is still good & brand new plus i am able to get an 04 wrx for SUPER cheap ( couple hundred) the only thing is that it's auto.

My question is how difficult is it to do the swap ? I've tried to research but all I've found is people saying to just sell it & buy a manual one but I because I already have all or most of the parts I would think it would be cheaper but just a huge hassle. I have the time, tools, & people to get it done, I just want to know is there any other parts I would need to get to make it work? If so what ? Would I be able to swap my 03 wiring into the 04 ? I know that the cars are very similar but would the trany mount up without a problem ? This is new territory for me so I'm trying to get all the info that I can
Thanks for the help !!
Rex34v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links