Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 02:51 AM   #151
wrxsti.l
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 156973
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Vehicle:
2002 ADM WRX STi
STi Black/Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevent View Post
*waiting for a TS Polka Pickle*
Polka Pickle is 49lbs/min., the Blouch's TS is 47lbs/min with billet wheel - would make almost exact same whp anyhoo.

I just found out that GT Pumps is now making twin scroll turbos as well ($ in AUD):
GTPS02T twin scroll (TD05H-8cm-20G) $1700.00 NEW!
GTPS03T twin scroll (TD06SL2-8cm-20G) $1750.00 NEW!
GTPS05T (TD06SL2-73HTA) twin scroll $1850.00 NEW


One of the guys on Rexnet has the the GTPS05T going on his car soon - it is suppose to be 73mm and 54lbs/min (edited: not 73lbs/min), so it will be interesting how it performs.

Maybe this will put a rocket up Blouch to make a TS 4.0 XT-R

Leslie
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by wrxsti.l; 06-22-2010 at 07:57 PM.
wrxsti.l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #152
Prevent
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 149114
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I'm too mainstream
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxsti.l View Post
Polka Pickle is 49lbs/min., the Blouch's TS is 47lbs/min with billet wheel - would make almost exact same whp anyhoo.

I just found out that GT Pumps is now making twin scroll turbos as well ($ in AUD):
GTPS02T twin scroll (TD05H-8cm-20G) $1700.00 NEW!
GTPS03T twin scroll (TD06SL2-8cm-20G) $1750.00 NEW!
GTPS05T (TD06SL2-73HTA) twin scroll $1850.00 NEW


One of the guys on Rexnet has the the GTPS05T going on his car soon - it is suppose to be 73lbs/min, so it will be interesting how it performs.

Maybe this will put a rocket up Blouch to make a TS 4.0 XT-R

Leslie
Yea im waiting for more information/details on it... If its like comparing a VF39 to VF37 (Somewhat same) the difference should be noticeable.


I want to stay twinscroll and stock location, and right now blouch seems to be the only one with a turbo soon to be released.
Prevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #153
jutes85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 127232
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Suck Lake, Alberta
Vehicle:
E92 M3
98' Foz

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevent View Post
*waiting for a TS Polka Pickle*
The original Pickle spools pretty quick as it is. Can't imagine a TS version.
jutes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #154
BigRigger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129969
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta Canada, Oil Counrty
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
Silver/Black

Default

[quote=Prevent;31107747]Yea im waiting for more information/details on it... If its like comparing a VF39 to VF37 (Somewhat same) the difference should be noticeable.

I think the Blouch turbos are the same as the GTPumps turbos, just rebadged.
BigRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #155
cazwrx187
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176592
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Guilderland, N.Y.
Vehicle:
2002 WRX-Sold
1998/04 Unicorn RSTi

Default

I strongly disagree. Where did you get your info, or is this your opinion?

If that were true, Blouch would be making a bold statement by saying they machined there compressor and turbine housings in-house.
cazwrx187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #156
wrxsti.l
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 156973
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Vehicle:
2002 ADM WRX STi
STi Black/Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxsti.l View Post
One of the guys on Rexnet has the the GTPS05T going on his car soon - it is suppose to be 73lbs/min, so it will be interesting how it performs.

Maybe this will put a rocket up Blouch to make a TS 4.0 XT-R

Leslie
I just found out from GT Pump's that it is 73mm not 73lbs/min as I posted - it is however 54lbs/min, running a FP HTA Green compressor wheel. So pretty much a twin scroll HTA Green!

Wonder if Mike knows this and is looking to offer something similar - a TS Dom 3 XT-R or a TS Dom 4 XT-R would definitely keep the competition going - and competition is good for customers

Leslie
wrxsti.l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #157
BigRigger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129969
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta Canada, Oil Counrty
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
Silver/Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazwrx187 View Post
I strongly disagree. Where did you get your info, or is this your opinion?

If that were true, Blouch would be making a bold statement by saying they machined there compressor and turbine housings in-house.
LOL, Ok then, here ya go, 1st sentence of the 1st post of this thread.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1934499

If your refering to my coment about the Blouch Twinscrolls being rebadged GT pumps Twinscrolls it is my opinion but it makes sense.

For years we have wanted a 20g (ish) sized stock location twinscroll turbo.AVO tried for over 3 years and teased us with promises and pics of prototypes but to no end. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ght=twinscroll

Then months ago, all of a sudden, there were a bunch of new turbos from different companies offered all at the same time. GTpumps, Litchfield, Blouch. Ive sent emails to all these comapnies asking very detailed questions about these turbos and got vague responces but I can tell you this from the responces Ive got so far and the timeline of the new turbos.

1st
Litchfield = Garrett Ball Bearing CHRA and a wide range of trims but $, Their own new castings

2nd
GT Pumps = Journal Bearing CHRA , TD05 and TD06 twinscrolls

3rd
Blouch = Garrett Ball Bearing CHRA, machined out vf37 with larger wheels.(This is their own inhouse assembled turbo).
And now they offer a Journal bearing TD05 twinscroll

DO YOU SEE A PATTERN HERE?

Im not in any way knocking the turbos, I just want to know who's really casting them and who is rebadging/modifing them.
BigRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #158
cazwrx187
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176592
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Guilderland, N.Y.
Vehicle:
2002 WRX-Sold
1998/04 Unicorn RSTi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigger View Post
LOL, Ok then, here ya go, 1st sentence of the 1st post of this thread.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1934499

If your refering to my coment about the Blouch Twinscrolls being rebadged GT pumps Twinscrolls it is my opinion but it makes sense.

For years we have wanted a 20g (ish) sized stock location twinscroll turbo.AVO tried for over 3 years and teased us with promises and pics of prototypes but to no end. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ght=twinscroll

Then months ago, all of a sudden, there were a bunch of new turbos from different companies offered all at the same time. GTpumps, Litchfield, Blouch. Ive sent emails to all these comapnies asking very detailed questions about these turbos and got vague responces but I can tell you this from the responces Ive got so far and the timeline of the new turbos.

1st
Litchfield = Garrett Ball Bearing CHRA and a wide range of trims but $, Their own new castings

2nd
GT Pumps = Journal Bearing CHRA , TD05 and TD06 twinscrolls

3rd
Blouch = Garrett Ball Bearing CHRA, machined out vf37 with larger wheels.(This is their own inhouse assembled turbo).
And now they offer a Journal bearing TD05 twinscroll

DO YOU SEE A PATTERN HERE?

Im not in any way knocking the turbos, I just want to know who's really casting them and who is rebadging/modifing them.
I see your point and you may be right but your principle may also be applied to downpipes, uppipes, headers, inlets, etc. Once a company comes out with their own design, other companies may purchase it and then reproduce it with their name on it or with slight changes. Just look at ebay.

On an upscale level (not ebay parts) this is not always a bad thing. Some manufacturers may improve on others designs. This is what may be happening with these turbos.

I'm not trying to argue here though. Carry on.
cazwrx187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #159
Blouchturbo
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 119764
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lebanon,PA
Vehicle:
2006 STi
WRB

Default

[quote=BigRigger;31114351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevent View Post
Yea im waiting for more information/details on it... If its like comparing a VF39 to VF37 (Somewhat same) the difference should be noticeable.

I think the Blouch turbos are the same as the GTPumps turbos, just rebadged.

Blouch Turbo is not going to repackage another companies product. We use our own custom compressor housings. The CHRA is a genuine MHI with custom Blouch XT billet compressor. The only part they may have in common is the T/S turbine housing.



Mike
Blouchturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #160
s42k1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 95702
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Lebanon, PA
Default

If you look at the gtpumps turbo and the blouch turbo the compressor housings look nothing alike. They are not the same turbo. No one other than blouch uses the blouch compressor housings. I only know this because I run the cnc machine that cuts them from their raw form.
s42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #161
Prevent
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 149114
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I'm too mainstream
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blouchturbo View Post


Blouch Turbo is not going to repackage another companies product. We use our own custom compressor housings. The CHRA is a genuine MHI with custom Blouch XT billet compressor. The only part they may have in common is the T/S turbine housing.



Mike
Just want to throw this out there that due to a quote error it looks like i said blouch is repackaged, post #154, bigrigger said it when quoting me. i do not believe blouch is repackaged.
Prevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #162
DigitalPunk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 124236
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Built EJ257
Version 8 Twinscroll

Default

any updates on this piece?
DigitalPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #163
BigRigger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129969
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta Canada, Oil Counrty
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
Silver/Black

Default

Which one, the TD05 version or the machined vf37 Ball-Bearing version?
BigRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #164
Turn in Concepts
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 93646
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPunk View Post
any updates on this piece?
I'm actually working on getting the car running as we speak. Still chasing an electrical bug.
Turn in Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #165
DigitalPunk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 124236
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Built EJ257
Version 8 Twinscroll

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn in Concepts View Post
I'm actually working on getting the car running as we speak. Still chasing an electrical bug.
which turbo are you getting on there?



i've talked to blouch and they told me the largest turbo they can make is with the vf37.

-----------------------------edit

nevermind i found it. i'm very interested in what the results are. please keep me updated. and thanks for helping me with my ts setup as well. i've spoken on the phone with you guys numerous times.

Last edited by DigitalPunk; 06-29-2010 at 12:12 AM.
DigitalPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #166
BigRigger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129969
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta Canada, Oil Counrty
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
Silver/Black

Default

Has ANYBODY purchased either the Blouch BB TS or the TD05 / TD06 Varients yet?
BigRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #167
WRKX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 28402
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Northern California
Vehicle:
2005 STI
CGM

Default

I have a vf-37 but $1300 seems a little steep.

WRKX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:49 AM   #168
sti_nitrous
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 104105
Join Date: Jan 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigger View Post
Has ANYBODY purchased either the Blouch BB TS or the TD05 / TD06 Varients yet?
Is the BB TS even available yet? I have emailed and pm'd blouch but no response.
sti_nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #169
LittleBlueGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 96204
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Winnipeg
Vehicle:
2005 STI GR
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti_nitrous View Post
Is the BB TS even available yet? I have emailed and pm'd blouch but no response.
I have talked to them a couple of times.

They can make the 2.5 DOM XTR TS, but it might be pricey (can't remember) and you may need a TS VF as a donor for the turbine housing.
LittleBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #170
UpSideDownDesi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 148372
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: ATL, GA
Vehicle:
02 WRX,FD,S2K,M5
Hybrid,07 6spd, BW Roated

Default

can this be done on a VF-39, frankenstein it with different internals?
UpSideDownDesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #171
BigRigger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129969
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta Canada, Oil Counrty
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
Silver/Black

Default

NO, it needs the twinscroll hotside.
BigRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #172
JDMChizad
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 159058
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC
Vehicle:
05 LGTx2/Baja T/OB
SWP/GRP/SWP/SPG

Default

Subscribe...
JDMChizad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #173
atc5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 69264
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Mateo, CA
Vehicle:
05 LGT
White

Default

atc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #174
BigRigger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 129969
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Alberta Canada, Oil Counrty
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
Silver/Black

Default

Shameless, just shameless
BigRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #175
JDMChizad
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 159058
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SLC
Vehicle:
05 LGTx2/Baja T/OB
SWP/GRP/SWP/SPG

Default

If Blouch would reply to emails/PMs or return phone calls, then I would be all over this!
JDMChizad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
APS twin scroll rotated turbo kit TSR-70 who would buy it or not? 949 Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain 237 02-07-2010 12:16 PM
my new gp moto twin scroll rotated turbo! 06redsuby Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain 20 02-15-2008 12:30 AM
Twin Scroll BB Info needed . discopotato03 Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 2 05-10-2007 11:41 AM
New APS twin-scroll BB rotated turbo FOR USDM STI's!!! keaniegenie Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain 191 01-10-2007 01:12 PM
Will the new STI use a twin-scroll IHI turbo? bsix STi Forum Archive 0 01-09-2003 01:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.