Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday March 1, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-29-2002, 10:42 AM   #1
SnortWagon
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 14124
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default My Poor Car! Dealer allegedly dents it!

I dropped my car off at Morries Subaru (Minnetonka, MN) yesterday to replace the timing-belt tensioner. Car has 5000 pampered miles. When I pick my car up, I notice that the front license plate is pretty bent up, so I carefully examine the front of the car to make sure they didn't run into something. Front looks fine, but I decide I'd better do a walk-around - and there, on the passenger side front wheel arch, is a scratch and dent about 2-3 inches long. I immediately go and get a front-desk service employee and show him both the license plate (car wash must have done it - he says), and the scratch/dent on the wheel arch. Now, I understand that this guy doesn't know when and where the dent came from - it COULD HAVE been there prior to me dropping the car off (it wasn't), so he says he'll have the Service Manager call to discuss.

Question: Do any of you perform a walk-around with a service rep when you drop your car off so that you have mutual agreement as to the condition of the car? I thought about doing this yesterday morning, but didn't, because I didn't want to be a jerk.

FYI - I was able to buff out about 90% of the scratch, and it appears the paint was not broken. I'm hoping that a paintless dent repair place can remove the crease/dent without too much trouble.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SnortWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 03:33 PM   #2
SnortWagon
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Silver

Update: My dealer called me and said, 'We'll fix it. We will do whatever it takes to make it right'. I'm dropping it off next Monday morning - I'm hoping for the best, and I must say that I was prepared for some kind of argument or hassle, but they appear to be taking complete responsibility.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:29 PM   #3
WRXJeep4.0Man
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 19444
Vehicle:
97 Wrangler Sport
Royal Blue

thats weird man, ive never heard of dealerships doin those kinds of things to your car, especially if thats the place you bought it from, but i know from experience that if you drop your car off at a repair garage out in the middle of nowhere, or just a rough looking garage, you will obtain a few scratches and the size of the dents will vary on how jelous of your car the body man is....

Oh yeah my bro used to work in a body shop, dont ever take your car there unless you know the people workin on your car. If you have a nice lookin car it seems to be their duty to try and mess it up, this can happen at oil changin places too, "yeah we will change your oil man, only $20" then you say "cool" then you get your car and have problems 2000 miles later and get it checked out and for some reason your oil has'nt been changed in like 6000 miles
WRXJeep4.0Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 06:22 PM   #4
listen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 16837

snortwagon,
was it cort the service manager that called you?
i met him on vacation with the group from subaru, he is a great guy and should take good care of you.

morries is a top notch dealer for subaru.

please tell him greg from hodges subaru in michigan said hi.

thanks

greg
listen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 04:47 PM   #5
SnortWagon
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Silver

I dropped my car off at Morries yesterday morning, and picked it up last night. They did a great job - you can't tell where the dent was. I walked around the car for five minutes and couldn't find any more scratches/dents (I did a walk around with Cort when I dropped it off).

Additionally, the car was only driven .2 miles while at the dealer, so I appreciate that someone didn't take it out for a 'test' at lunch or something.

Yes, Cort's still there, although he isn't the Service Manager any longer - I'm not sure what happened because Cort is a good guy.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:53 AM   #6
SnortWagon
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default Dealer continues to screw up?

So, I finally have my car back (5000 miles) after the timing belt tensioner was replaced, and the dent removed that originally appeared during the tensioner replacement, and I'm driving home in traffic (bumper-to-bumper) on Thursday, June 6, and my poor WRX overheats! And yes, I was watching the temp gauge - periodically, but I was more concerned about getting rear-ended or bumping the guy in front of me. As soon as I pull over, I think, 'Man, I'm not hearing the electric fans - I bet my dealer forgot to reconnect them when the tensioner was replaced'. Sure enough, after flat-bed towing to dealer, their diagnosis was 'a connector was off - we plugged it in, and filled, bled cooling system.'

Well, all seems to be working now, but my dealer just can't get it right with my car. My advice: Protect your car and inspect it thoroughly before and after EVERY trip to the dealer.