Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday May 25, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
jfaphoenix32
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 75604
Vehicle:
2009 Tribeca
Grey

Default Srrt Phoenix Sti At Miami Homestead Grand Am Race

For those of you in the Miami area... Come on out and visit March 6th for the Grand Am CContinental Tire Sports Car Challenge race!!! We will be there with our STI.

Subaru Road Racing Team Focused on Miami Race
- Drivers ready to race all-wheel drive Subaru WRX STi at Homestead Miami Speedway -

Phoenixville, PA – Feb. 23, 2010

Subaru Road Racing Team (SRRT) drivers Andrew Aquilante and Bret Spaude are enthusiastic about the upcoming Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series Homestead 200 race March 5-6 at Homestead-Miami Speedway in South Florida.

“I raced a Subaru Legacy GT Spec B here last year, in the ST class,” said Aquilante. “In a way, the layout of the Homestead road racing course, which is a combination of their NASCAR oval track and an infield circuit, is very similar to Daytona Speedway where we raced in January. It is just a mile shorter!”

“The ‘dig’ that our all-wheel drive has coming out of the infield turns hopefully should close the gap between our car and the V-8 Mustangs, Camaros, Porsches and BMWs we race against,” added the 22-year old Aquilante, now in his third season of racing Subarus in this series.

Aquilante’s co-driver this year is 22-year old Bret Spaude, of Bushnell, Fla. “After the Daytona race and the performance we had there, I feel so excited for Homestead. The car’s handling abilities make it easy to drive with great power and handling and the team is one of the best in the garage and on pit road. I’m really excited!

The SRRT Impreza WRX-STi is race-prepared and tuned by Phoenix Performance in Phoenixville, Pa. Team owner Joe Aquilante said the Daytona race offered a lot of lessons for both him and crew chief Kurt Omensetter.

“We learned a few lessons at Daytona,” said Aquilante, wistfully. “We hurt an engine in practice and had to change it, which, unavoidably, cost us any chance of winning the race. We missed qualifying and thus, had to start at the rear of the field – 40th place – and hold our breath while first Bret, then Andrew worked their way back to 15th. The Audi is the only car in the class close to our configuration, and we finished ahead of them. Hopefully, this time we’ll going to be able to run with some of the faster V-8 BMWs, Camaros, Mustang and Dodges, and the six-cylinder Porsches.”

One of the team’s advantages at Daytona was input from the team’s new Technical Director, John Heinricy, whose car setup and driving skills helped him win 40 professional sports car races, four season championships, and 11 SCCA National Championships – 10 of them in cars coming from the Phoenix Performance shop.

“I jumped at the chance when Joe asked me to help him with the technical aspects of his team and cars” said Heinricy. “And working with great, young drivers, Andrew and Bret, allows me to tap into my own experience as a driver and engineer and help them to have successful careers as road racing drivers.“

“Working on the Subaru STI – a technically advanced AWD, turbocharged four cylinder package – is a personal challenge for me, too,” he added. “Joe and I first hooked-up in 1993; his cars were under me for 11 of my race wins and two driver championships. This is another extension of a mutually-beneficial relationship we’ve developed over the years.

“Andrew and Brett can learn a lot this year from John, as will the rest of the team. John brings a wealth of experience, a will to win and attention to detail that is second to none,” said Joe Aquilante. “I think of John as our team’s “Grand Master” to our young drivers, teaching and mentoring.”

Practice will be the morning of Friday, March 5, with qualifying that afternoon at 4:35. The 2.5-hour race gets the green flag Saturday at 1:05pm. The race will be televised to air March 13 at 1:15pm ET on SPEED-TV.

Sponsors for SRRT include Subaru Of America, Inc., Subaru Tecnica International (STI), Subaru Performance Tuning (SPT), Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. (SIA), Ron Davis racing Radiators, Hawk Brakes, FreeM of America, VAC Motorsports, Automotive Racing Products, Rockland Standard Gear, Quarter Master, Ecutek, Lista, Rotary Lifts, Cusco, Carbonetic, Hella, and Perrin.

About SRRT Phoenix LLC
SRRT Phoenix LLC represents Subaru of America’s road racing efforts in the 10-race Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series and is owned and managed by Joe Aquilante of Phoenix Performance, LLC. The team’s 32,000 sq. ft. facility is in Phoenixville, Pa., 40 miles west of Philadelphia, PA. Team drivers Andrew Aquilante and Bret Spaude race a Subaru Impreza WRX-STi in the Grand Sports class. For more info go to www.srrtphoenix.com

For more information about the team and the cars, call Joe Aquilante at (610) 482-0141. Fans can visit the team’s website at www.srrtphoenix.com and the Phoenix Performance website at www.phoenixperformance.net

- end -

Last edited by jfaphoenix32; 02-27-2010 at 03:36 PM.
jfaphoenix32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links