Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Greg B.(blue 06 WRX)
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 211290
Question Will I feel it?

*Using AP...*It's a 4eat

I went Stage1 last week and the difference was very minimal.(Just smoother overall) Will the jump from Stage 1 to Stage 2 be similar to the stock to Stage 1 increase?

Also, are there any Stage 2 4eat owners that could comment on the general performance of the reflash? **I've searched isn't too much recent info.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Greg B.(blue 06 WRX) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
PhatBotti Tuning TKR
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 239659
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
STI Mikey & Phatron
Tuning Da Subies

Those maps are designed to be super safe. The stage 1 map will really net you only 10-15whp, and will cause you to run rich, in some cases very rich.

If you want, I can take a look at the car for you, we live in the same town and have talked on here before when you first got the car. Ill PM you some info bud.

STi Mikey
PhatBotti Tuning

Last edited by PhatBotti Tuning TKR; 03-04-2010 at 08:34 PM.
PhatBotti Tuning TKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:26 AM   #3
Byzantium
*** Banned ***

Member#: 207826
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
85k 2002 WRX
Correct Fitment Crew #034

Stage 1 is not done for a power gain. Yes, you do attain some power, but overall it's just a replacement for the less than perfect stock maps Subaru produces. As you felt, the biggest change is the smoothing of the powerband.

Stage 2 is for power.
Byzantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
bpcrally
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 208408
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
PSM

i was worried about not noticing a difference in stage 2.. trust me theres a noticable difference.. its like a whole new car..

i think cobb rates 0-60 on stage 2 to be 4.6.. if thats true you're getting into sti territory my friend!

Edit, im talking about the 2.0L.. i think yours on stage 2 will pull 330lb ft vs my 285.. needless to say you will have some neck snapping torque..)
bpcrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
GrimmSpeed
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 136396
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
SWP

I am not sure it will be neck snapping torque but it will be quite a different car!

Stage 2 should be at least a triple jump from oem > stage 1. Theres no way you won't enjoy it, however you might get greedy and want more!?!?

WIll
GrimmSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
joec wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 112359
Chapter/Region: BAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmSpeed View Post
I am not sure it will be neck snapping torque but it will be quite a different car!

Stage 2 should be at least a triple jump from oem > stage 1. Theres no way you won't enjoy it, however you might get greedy and want more!?!?

WIll
Amen to that! I've only been on stage 2 for a little over a week and I want more. Stage 1 was okay. Stage 2 is where it's at!
joec wrx is offline   Reply With Quote