Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 8, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Old 05-30-2002, 12:14 AM   #1
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
Member#: 18543
2002 WRX
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default Mastro Subaru in Tampa, FL

I have had my Silver WRX for about a month now. Here is my review of my dealership.

First off, I don't live in Tampa, I live in Miami. That is a 300 mile drive for those of you that don't know the area.

I saw a review for dealers in South Florida, and Pete Mastro happened to have his number there, and I said, "What the heck, lemme call him."

Well he was like, "Oh yea, you saw me on I-club, no problem, lemme get the invoice for the car you want."

He gave me an AWESOME price, (Call him up to get your price 1-800-683-2532 ), and told me he could have it ready for me if I wanted it. He even gave me an out the door price. (I was using my own financing, so essentially it was a cash deal.)

But, before that I decided to call William-Lehman, which is not to far from me. I am a salesperson, so i know how it is, but DAMN!

They would not quote me a price on the phone. They kept telling me to "Come over and see what we could do." Well I told him exactly what I wanted him to do pricewise. I told him I would have someone pick me up (I kinda blew up my Talon), and take me over there with check in hand.

He said he was just a salesman and that he didn't set the price. I told him to ask the Sales manager. He put me on hold, and came back with the same thing. I told him that he had a definate sale. I gave him the VIN of the car that I knew they had in stock because I saw it on their web site. No go.

Anyway, I made a trip of it, drove up with some buddies, bought the car, and drove to Busch Gardens a whole 10 miles away from the dealer.

I dealt with Sean, because Pete was off that day. He knew EVERYTHING about the WRX, it was great.

This was my first new car purchase and luckily it went very well.

To give you an idea of how bad the dealers in the Miami area are, my best friend bought his WRX in Kingston, NY, and had it shipped down here and STILL paid about $3000 less than what any dealer would give him here. (This was 2 weeks before my purchase, which is the only reason he didn't get his from Mastro too!)

You can contact them at:

AWDTalon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2002, 08:26 AM   #2
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 16732
1996 Geo Metro

Thumbs up Another good Subaru in South Florida

I got a WRX last night, as you know only 3 Subaru Dealer in South Florida, and 1st I went to Eddie Accordi in Pompano, the internet sales were pushie, and I almost close a deal on a Black WRX but later notice there is couple deep scratch in the trunk.. I end up walking out because the next day I come back they don't fix it right, they just patch it and stuff..... long story.... they try to sell me the car $500 over invoice + $599 dealer fee, pushie sales and very rude, (If you don't take the car, we have a lot of people waiting, you don't need to waste my time..).. I end up giving up.. but they call me few days later.. I didn't bother to return..

Then I proceed to William-Lehman, which I know is bad as the sales there is very worst, like you the first post, it don't even give you a prices quote, I told him I don't bother to come down if you not honest... then I hang up.. they quote me $25000 invoice which is not true.

Finally I called Delary Subaru and the internest sales KEN give me a prices of $100 over invoice with $399 dealer fee and OTD prices and I told him I want to see which one you can sell for the lowest prices in the lot and indeed one WRX he can sell for $100 over invoice. .... Service was great, 2 weeks later I went there and test drove it and I told him I make a decision later, another 2 days later (Today) I call back and want to take the car. Last night they get everything ready and sign for the car.

I got a more loaded WRX with extra options like turbo gauges and spoiler for $700 cheaper then Eddie Accordi Subaru.. plus I get great service

Mastro Subaru they are sister dealership.. but Mastro is kinda far so I don't want to drive 300 miles to get a new car... but they are great too..

Bought my Sedona Red Peral WRX Sedan Last night at Delary Subaru

Ask for Ken..
561-276-7800 ext 146
mo168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 08:32 AM   #3
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 16732
1996 Geo Metro

Thumbs up How much did you pay for yours?

Mine came with spoiler, turbo gauges, alarm, arm rest extension, air filter thing..

$23250 + $100 invoice + $399 dealer + Tax and stuff

came out $25200 OTD

Eddie almost sold me one Black with only Short Shifter and Alarm for $25700 OTD..
mo168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 10:20 AM   #4
Member Sales Rating: (12)
Member#: 470
Chapter/Region: South East
2015 Forester 2.0XT
'14 XV Crosstrek, '99 SF

Mastro Subaru they are sister dealership
Ummm, Mastro is an independent, family owned dealership. Delray Subaru is in no way affiliated with them.

Mastro is by far the best dealership in Florida if not the entire Southeast, if you bought elsewhere...you probably paid to much.
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote