Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #1301
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09wrbrex View Post
Anybody have experience with the xxr527 wheels? I can only seem to find them in 17x8.25 with a 35 offset. I don't want to have to roll or pull any fenders but I really like the look and price of them. I'm just unsure because of how low the offset is. I'm on stock suspension too btw. 09 wrx
Of course you like the price. That's the only reason to buy garbage wheels.

Either way, if you don't want fender mods, there aren't many xxr's that are friendly for your car. No, those will not fit without at least rolling fenders
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #1302
09wrbrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350382
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
Of course you like the price. That's the only reason to buy garbage wheels. Either way, if you don't want fender mods, there aren't many xxr's that are friendly for your car. No, those will not fit without at least rolling fenders
I figured that dang, but I can get nice enkeis for that same price too so I wouldn't say they're garbage just cause the price. But I'm no wheel expert anyway
09wrbrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #1303
insane_one
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301431
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_one View Post
Anyone here running a 17x8 +35 or 17x9 +35??
anyone?
insane_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #1304
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09wrbrex View Post
I figured that dang, but I can get nice enkeis for that same price too so I wouldn't say they're garbage just cause the price. But I'm no wheel expert anyway
No, they're garbage. Period.

And there aren't any "nice enkei's" in that price range either. Enkei makes heavy junk too.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #1305
09wrbrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350382
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
No, they're garbage. Period. And there aren't any "nice enkei's" in that price range either. Enkei makes heavy junk too.
Lol ok your one of those guys. Well for someone like me who doesn't want to spend 2k on wheels for his daily driver seems to find that wheels that are 150 a piece are perfectly fine
09wrbrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #1306
Let's Spool
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253231
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: The Hat City, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan SWP
1999 Legacy WarWag

Default

^^ He was probably saying theyre garbage because they have a reputation of being poor quality and breaking... Apparently, several cars have been in accident due to xxr wheels breaking... Don't know how true it is but this is rumor in the streets... Rotas seem to be the way to go for budget wheels... They have a similar rep on here however many say the quality has improved over the past few years... Do what you like, but you get what you pay for...
Let's Spool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #1307
09wrbrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350382
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
WRB

Default

Yea I've heard a lot about rotas breaking, but nothing else. I was just using enkeis as a personal example because IMO they do sell nice wheels at a good price and I never had issues. But I guess anything can happen
09wrbrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #1308
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09wrbrex View Post
Lol ok your one of those guys. Well for someone like me who doesn't want to spend 2k on wheels for his daily driver seems to find that wheels that are 150 a piece are perfectly fine
No, I'm not one of "those guys".

If price is your concern, there are far better wheels with attractive prices.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #1309
MikeMiranda
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 355937
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza OBS
Black on Black

Default

I'm looking at a set of rota grids in 17 x 9 mostly like gonna use 245/40/17 a 42 offset should be fine with maybe just rolling the rears?
MikeMiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #1310
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMiranda View Post
I'm looking at a set of rota grids in 17 x 9 mostly like gonna use 245/40/17 a 42 offset should be fine with maybe just rolling the rears?
on the narrowbody, at least a roll all around if you want to run that much tire.....
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #1311
MikeMiranda
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 355937
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza OBS
Black on Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
on the narrowbody, at least a roll all around if you want to run that much tire.....
I use 235/45/17 right now on my 17x7
MikeMiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #1312
gsrcrxsi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236952
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore
Vehicle:
2010 WRX (SSM)
Stg "2+" 300hp/360trq

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
on the narrowbody, at least a roll all around if you want to run that much tire.....
Not necessarily true.

On my Epic/Koni combo, I ran 245/40/17s on 17x8" +48 with zero issue. No roll, no rub.

Then I swapped the SAME tires to 17x9 +44. Again no issues, no roll, no rub.

Only when I installed the whiteline rear subframe bushings did I start to just BARELY rub in the rear. And only on hard bumps while turning. The way I see it, the stiffer bushings prevented the alignment changes that were happening with the soft subframe bushings, which was allowing me to squeak by.
gsrcrxsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #1313
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMiranda View Post
I use 235/45/17 right now on my 17x7
good god thats horrible. that is way too much tire for a wheel that narrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcrxsi View Post
Not necessarily true.

On my Epic/Koni combo, I ran 245/40/17s on 17x8" +48 with zero issue. No roll, no rub.

Then I swapped the SAME tires to 17x9 +44. Again no issues, no roll, no rub.

Only when I installed the whiteline rear subframe bushings did I start to just BARELY rub in the rear. And only on hard bumps while turning. The way I see it, the stiffer bushings prevented the alignment changes that were happening with the soft subframe bushings, which was allowing me to squeak by.
This is true. 17x9 +42 with a 245 requires no fender mods on the GD sedans, but with the narrow body it'll be extremely close. might as well play it safe, and then its out of the way and can let you go slightly more aggressive on the next set.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #1314
MikeMiranda
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 355937
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza OBS
Black on Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
good god thats horrible. that is way too much tire for a wheel that narrow. This is true. 17x9 +42 with a 245 requires no fender mods on the GD sedans, but with the narrow body it'll be extremely close. might as well play it safe, and then its out of the way and can let you go slightly more aggressive on the next set.
Stock wheels it came like that when I bought it from the previous owner


I should add I'm on feal441 coilovers an have spc lca's and toe kit. I think right now I'm running -1.5
All around

Last edited by MikeMiranda; 10-07-2013 at 11:35 PM.
MikeMiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #1315
MyDopeWrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334353
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2008 Wrx
Black

Default

Hi all, I'm looking get some new rims and tires after the winter but I'm wondering if anyone has put an 08-10 wrx on oz alleggerita rims? They come in 7.5 or 8 for both 17 or 18 with an offset I of 48mm. I'm looking for a setup for these. I'm currently on stock rims and suspension but I'm trying to get a more functional setup as this is my dd and the roads in CT aren't too nice. No idea for tires either just something more meaty then streched. I want to also lower it but I don't have the cash for wheels and coils so I'm debating springs. Also I'm debating between 17 or 18 inch but i don't really wanna deal with mileage issue when going to 18s. I specifically want the blue color rims but other colors are an option too. Any help or photos would be appreciated

Last edited by MyDopeWrx; 10-08-2013 at 08:21 PM.
MyDopeWrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #1316
Let's Spool
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253231
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: The Hat City, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan SWP
1999 Legacy WarWag

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDopeWrx View Post
Hi all, I'm looking get some new rims and tires after the winter but I'm wondering if anyone has put an 08-10 wrx on oz alleggerita rims? They come in 7.5 or 8 for both 17 or 18 with an offset I of 48mm. I'm looking for a setup for these. I'm currently on stock rims and suspension but I'm trying to get a more functional setup as this is my dd and the roads in CT aren't too nice. No idea for tires either just something more meaty then streched. I want to also lower it but I don't have the cash for wheels and coils so I'm debating springs. Also I'm debating between 17 or 18 inch but i don't really wanna deal with mileage issue when going to 18s. I specifically want the blue color rims but other colors are an option too. Any help or photos would be appreciated
Not sure if this will bring you to the right page but here is someone with 17x8... its on page 7 with my browser settings...:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...a#post33539950

Out of those 2, I'd go with the 18x8 with a 235/40/18 tire... this will keep your speedo pretty accurate (1 mph off) and fill out the wheel well a little more... In terms of springs I suggest Epic or RCE Blacks both are great for a daily driver... If you want something a little stiffer/more track oriented, RCE yellows... you can then pair any of these later down the road with Koni or Bilstein struts which will perform better than most entry level coils at the same price point...
Let's Spool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #1317
MyDopeWrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334353
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2008 Wrx
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Spool View Post
Not sure if this will bring you to the right page but here is someone with 17x8... its on page 7 with my browser settings...: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...a#post33539950 Out of those 2, I'd go with the 18x8 with a 235/40/18 tire... this will keep your speedo pretty accurate (1 mph off) and fill out the wheel well a little more... In terms of springs I suggest Epic or RCE Blacks both are great for a daily driver... If you want something a little stiffer/more track oriented, RCE yellows... you can then pair any of these later down the road with Koni or Bilstein struts which will perform better than most entry level coils at the same price point...
Alright I found someone on another subaru site that did the 18x8 with the 235/40/18 on rce blacks but they didn't mention any rubbing. I'm assuming that it probably doesn't but would it on blacks or yellows?
MyDopeWrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #1318
Let's Spool
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253231
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: The Hat City, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan SWP
1999 Legacy WarWag

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDopeWrx View Post

Alright I found someone on another subaru site that did the 18x8 with the 235/40/18 on rce blacks but they didn't mention any rubbing. I'm assuming that it probably doesn't but would it on blacks or yellows?
No you'll be fine... And I believe yellows don't lower the car as much as blacks
Let's Spool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #1319
04ts
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57517
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Ajax, ON Canada
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza WRX Ltd
Satin white Pearl

Default

Opportunities has come up to change my current set of 18 x 8, 48 offset with 225 40 tires with 18 x 8, 35 offset with 235 40 tires. I am lowered on Epic springs. Would the wider wheel/tire combo rub? My fenders are currently stock and not rolled and I am not interested in rolling them.
04ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #1320
subiedude09
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349598
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
09 570whp WRX
Hatch WRB

Default




i have a question here for everyone.... anybody here own, or know someone who owns a set of cosmis racing wheels? i just sold my work emotion xd9's and am now in the market for a new set of wheels. Originaly i had in mind saving up enough $ on top of what i got for my works and buying the 3pc ssr sp1's. Although i do like the ssr's and want them badly (will one day), i saw these cosmis racing wheels that would look good on my car for a fraction of the price. I have never heard of cosmis racing and was curious whats the scoop. there priced around new rpf1's which is also in mind (for a more aggressive street monster setup) but you see them around every block.

dimension's im interested in are 18x9 +25. thinking of wrapping 245/35's. Anybody have any comment's on these wheels? if there an ok brand, i think i just got my new wheels, and my cosworth intake mani! 2 bird's with one stone

PS: if you or someone you know owns a set on an 08-10 wrx, please share a photo

Last edited by subiedude09; 10-13-2013 at 07:02 AM.
subiedude09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #1321
Arwing19
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341137
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Littleton, CO
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Illest View Post
Ok heres my 2010 WRX:

Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers, 10k front/8k rear - set to full stiff (rides amazing)
Cusco rear lower control arms
Rota Grid Chameleon 18x9.5 +38 (225/40/18 Achilles ATR Sport Tires)
Front camber is -1.8, Rear camber is -2.6, 0 toe all around, 6.5 caster

I rolled the Rears flat, but i could probably get away without doing that with a 225 tire. Front lips are rolled about halfway. I still have the fender liners in all around, with minor rubbing only in the fronts on really harsh bumps!










What lugs are these??
Arwing19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #1322
Let's Spool
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 253231
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: The Hat City, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Sedan SWP
1999 Legacy WarWag

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwing19 View Post
What lugs are these??
Look like muteki sr48
Let's Spool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #1323
424wrx
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 171948
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: new york
Vehicle:
2008 vf52wrx12.6@108
11 forester,14 legacy

Default

someone loves stickers.
424wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #1324
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Needs some spacers or more low. That much stretch and all that gap....
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #1325
DdiabSchmidt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 327622
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Anyone running subaru wrx 2010 sedan with 18x10.5 rear?
DdiabSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.