Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday September 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #101
NWsoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289516
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PNW
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warex06 View Post

buying anything involves a risk factor. There is risk involved in most dealerships (unless vehicle covered under warranty, which still includes risks)
True. Buuuuut more so with this place.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NWsoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #102
NWsoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 289516
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PNW
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMDan View Post
Friends don't let friends buy from Silverline.
This^.
NWsoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #103
failsafe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182101
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Vehicle:
2006 dubbyar-ex
OBP

Default

i have two friends who bought wrx's from silverline over 4 years ago. They have neither had any problems a non-salvage would have. I have bought parts from them as well, have been in both of their shops in north portland and they are both very organized, clean, and professional. I've owned much worse cars with clean titles. People put so much hate on that little red box on the title...
failsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #104
bestfromnw
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 281835
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2008 STI
1990 mk2 GLi vdub

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2black02 View Post
My short attention span read that entire thing, and this idiot deduced from your wall of text that with several sentences already pointed out above me, you were defending Silverline, not dealerships in general. You tried to make it dealerships in general, to try to strengthen your argument, but you failed miserably. You can't name 3 dealerships within 500 miles that do what Silverline does. No other dealership works that way. You can defend using immigrants that don't speak a lick of english, I understand. But I work in a construction trade so I also understand that even when said immigrant doesn't speak a lick of english, and has been here many years and "knows" his craft...he still screws up on a daily basis because he doesn't know wtf he's doing.

The only idiots here are the desperate kids that want a WRX or STI so badly, they come to you guys because the price is good and they don't care that the frame was bent 45 degrees at one point in its life. Or that some russian off the boat 2 years ago just put it together. Or that you managed to find someone off the street for $15 an hour to paint it. You may think you're noble and kind, and that everyone does it...but everyone *doesn't* do it. Know why? Because the practice is so crooked and obscene, they have federal laws against it, with the lawsuits and complaints that come afterward to prove it.

But what comes around goes around. And if these boards are to be believed, the only idiot around here is the one openly defending this stealership.
wtf does the origin of the workers has to do with anything?
bestfromnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #105
Fade2black02
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309997
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Arlington, WA
Vehicle:
2010 STI
Blick

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfromnw View Post
wtf does the origin of the workers has to do with anything?
Despite the race, creed, sex, status, etc. of a worker; those of us withjobs in construction, engineering, or mechanical (as opposed to sitting in an office all day) have to do this thing called "communicating". Now this could be as simple as saying Hello! or it could be as complicated as "hey, I need a 2x6 stud here to run my 4" waste line down so I don't destroy a party wall when I drop the line down 5 stories."

Either way, "origin" as you put it, comes into play because constantly trying to talk to someone who speaks *zero* English, is not only unsafe, but can drag a job out when you are delayed hours or even days because they don't understand basic state laws and codes. It doesn't matter the race, it has to do with status. Could be Mexico, Russia, UK, anywhere. It doesn't happen much in office work because you need college degrees from college as opposed to a trade skill that is developed over years.
Fade2black02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #106
warex06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225081
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, 0R
Vehicle:
WRB WRX
06 WRX wagon (RIP)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2black02 View Post
Despite the race, creed, sex, status, etc. of a worker; those of us withjobs in construction, engineering, or mechanical (as opposed to sitting in an office all day) have to do this thing called "communicating". Now this could be as simple as saying Hello! or it could be as complicated as "hey, I need a 2x6 stud here to run my 4" waste line down so I don't destroy a party wall when I drop the line down 5 stories."

Either way, "origin" as you put it, comes into play because constantly trying to talk to someone who speaks *zero* English, is not only unsafe, but can drag a job out when you are delayed hours or even days because they don't understand basic state laws and codes. It doesn't matter the race, it has to do with status. Could be Mexico, Russia, UK, anywhere. It doesn't happen much in office work because you need college degrees from college as opposed to a trade skill that is developed over years.
Your assumption that immigrants, or those immigrants that work for SLA don't speak "a lick" of english is inaccurate and prejudice. Even in that case, a immigrant might not be able to say "two by four" but they can "dos e quattro" point being the language barrier only applies when the workers have no common language. There is nothing unsafe in communicating in one language instead of another, even if laws, codes and regulations aren't in English, they can be translated.
Your statements are merely hypotheticals and despite that you may have had a certain experience, it does not reflect the immigrant worker community or more specifically the workers of SLA. Your claim that offices don't employ immigrants with low english skills is also false. I work at a law firm and there is a cleaning lady and a dishwasher who both speak broken english and still perform quality work.
warex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #107
warex06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225081
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, 0R
Vehicle:
WRB WRX
06 WRX wagon (RIP)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2black02 View Post
The only idiots here are the desperate kids that want a WRX or STI so badly, they come to you guys because the price is good and they don't care that the frame was bent 45 degrees at one point in its life. Or that some russian off the boat 2 years ago just put it together. Or that you managed to find someone off the street for $15 an hour to paint it. You may think you're noble and kind, and that everyone does it...but everyone *doesn't* do it. Know why? Because the practice is so crooked and obscene, they have federal laws against it, with the lawsuits and complaints that come afterward to prove it.

But what comes around goes around. And if these boards are to be believed, the only idiot around here is the one openly defending this stealership.
Why don't you actually go on their site and see what they offer, how their cars look and how many of them are truly rebuilt?
Think what you want but please let your thoughts be based off facts and not just exaturated venting. Do you really think someone who practicing illegitimate business would still be running a dealership with over 100 vehicles? If they do anything crooked or obscene, why haven't they been prosecuted for it? Why are they still in business and have the most used WRX/STi's available on the entire west coast? How can a dealership be shady and wrong but offer some of the most high-end vehicles in Portland? Does a chop-shop and sketchy manipulative "stealership" really stay open for almost 2 decades and have a showroom that looks like this?
http://www.silverlineautomotive.com/inventory.aspx_used=true&_pricefrom=45000
warex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #108
jaymmmbee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296967
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bend, Oregon
Vehicle:
2006 spec.B
Ti Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warex06 View Post
Your claim that offices don't employ immigrants with low english skills is also false. I work at a law firm and there is a cleaning lady and a dishwasher who both speak broken english and still perform quality work.
Wow you really must work for an equal opportunity employer - both a janitor and a dishwasher in one office!!! That's tough work to figure out regardless of languages spoken Is one or both going to be made partner in your firm anytime soon?

I call BS to your posts and Silverline's reputations is well known. You must work for them because you even abbreviate the name as SLA - something most customers would never do, that's something employees do.
jaymmmbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #109
warex06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225081
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, 0R
Vehicle:
WRB WRX
06 WRX wagon (RIP)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymmmbee View Post
Wow you really must work for an equal opportunity employer - both a janitor and a dishwasher in one office!!! That's tough work to figure out regardless of languages spoken Is one or both going to be made partner in your firm anytime soon?

I call BS to your posts and Silverline's reputations is well known. You must work for them because you even abbreviate the name as SLA - something most customers would never do, that's something employees do.
Wow really? a customer doesn't abbreviate but a worker does? based on what logic do you make that statement? Do you realize how ridiculous your claim is? Why is it that anyone who has a positive review of Silverline automatically works there? Also, you clearly contradict yourself, first commenting on the workers at the law firm I work at, then claiming I work at SLA. So which one is it?
Again I will state for the record I don't work at Silverline, or SLA, or however "a customer would do it". I was merely presenting an example, you are obviously just looking to start an argument. Your sarcasm is oblivious to the fact that janitorial work involves the same amount of communication as detailing a car, both jobs require physical labor, the difficulty of the skill involved is irrelevant to the proficiency of linguistics.
You call "BS" on what exactly? opinions are like a-holes, everyones got one. I provided mine, disagree if you want, don't aim at the person but what they said that you disagree with.

Last edited by warex06; 03-07-2013 at 07:21 PM.
warex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #110
Slow Turbo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349425
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: in the hood
Vehicle:
06 STi
Grey

Default

^well put, people seem to enjoy bashing anyone who has says anything they don't agree with.
before people start in on me too, I don't work there. I have bought 2 cars from Silverline and helped my sister pick out a car thru them. all of them were worked on by the shop before being sold. the first one for vandalism, everything was replaced with stock oem parts after 4 years and 100k miles later everything worked just like the day I picked it up, I ended up trading it in for my wife's car a theft recovery which I was given the option of either gold, gunmetal or white wheels. also I didn't like the cleared out headlights so they were swapped for oem for no charge!
the 3rd car my sisters audi a4 had been hit in the back, the quality of the repair was solid, even my budy who is a VW/Audi mechanic was impressed.. my sister has had the Audi for 2 years now with no complaints, which is impressive since owning a german luxery car can burn a hole in your pocket from repairs.
those are my stories with Silverline Auto. I liked how clean the place is and how laid-back the staff was every time I went there. Worth the drive, would recommend it. thats just my 2 cents don't hate..
Slow Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #111
Slow Turbo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349425
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: in the hood
Vehicle:
06 STi
Grey

Default

P.S this is off topic but I am new to this site, seems like a good community of auto enthusiasts. You will be seeing more of me since I am not working from this injury for another 2 weeks, Subaru Love all around!

I meant new to the NWIC site

Last edited by Slow Turbo; 03-09-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Slow Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #112
BREWPUBEAVER
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 84547
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX S-SE
Vehicle:
06, Lafawnduh
Fender rolling king

Default

Very stinky in here
BREWPUBEAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #113
xVern
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241860
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Silverdale, WA
Vehicle:
2008 LGT
DGM

Default

Weird, someone joined just to give a positive for them!
xVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #114
xVern
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241860
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Silverdale, WA
Vehicle:
2008 LGT
DGM

Default

I guess i should really chime in here. When i was in the market i had found them. Call about 2 LGTs and a WRX. Whomever i talked to told me that they were CLEAN titles, i made sure that's what he said. Then i found this thread. Sure enough, went and searched the VINs, all three salvage, with some pretty bad damaged. Called them to ask why he lied to me. He said he would investigate and call me back, didn't get a call back for a week. Called back and after he knew who i was, i was "disconnected". Called back again, nothing. And again, nothing. Left a message, Nothing. Never own up to it.

Not only was the douche stupid, but he was also a bitch.
xVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #115
Slow Turbo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349425
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: in the hood
Vehicle:
06 STi
Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVern View Post
Weird, someone joined just to give a positive for them!
actually I forgot my old password,my screen name was Turbo-Blow. I knew someone would BS about my review.
silver line always went above and beyond for me, I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm going to keep my opinion regarding the legitimacy of your story to myself but can you show me which cars were all salvage since you did do your research like you said..
Slow Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #116
Low & Slow
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 255233
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
" WRX
STI

Default

here is my Silverline review.. I have bought several vehicles through them, a lot of parts and every time was a great experience with no complaints. I got a great deal on my first WRX from them, it was stolen in the past so title was branded, I asked for pictures of what it looked like when recovered and was provided them instantly. The sale was laid-back and not like your usual sales-guy in your face. I owned that WRX for 2 years and sold it for the same price I paid for it from SLA. I still have picture from when they emailed me the condition of the WRX after theft recovery..



last picture I took before it was sold...


Last edited by Low & Slow; 03-08-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: grammar
Low & Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #117
xVern
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241860
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Silverdale, WA
Vehicle:
2008 LGT
DGM

Default

Sigh, okay.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Turbo View Post
actually I forgot my old password,my screen name was Turbo-Blow. I knew someone would BS about my review.
silver line always went above and beyond for me, I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm going to keep my opinion regarding the legitimacy of your story to myself but can you show me which cars were all salvage since you did do your research like you said..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Turbo View Post
P.S this is off topic but I am new on this site, seems like a good community of auto enthusiasts. You will be seeing more of me since I am not working from this injury for another 2 weeks, Subaru Love all around!
Which is it? You can recover you old passwords, you know?

Anyways, I don't really mind your opinion on my legitimacy. Why would i lie for no reason? People do know me here. If you would like to verify:
My feedback: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/itrader.php?u=241860
The meet that i attend: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2350895

Can anyone verify you? I couldn't find the user Turbo-Blow.

My instance was 6 months ago. I don't remember the VINs and the ad's aren't there still. However, i will provide these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlineautomotive.com
http://www.silverlineautomotive.com/...d-8924951.html

VIN #: JF1GR7E63CG224939 Stock #: 224939

Condition: Used Clear Title
http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.inf...12-MTU5Mjk2NzI





Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlineautomotive.com
http://www.silverlineautomotive.com/...-10158977.html

VIN #: JF1GV7E66CG029140 Stock #: 029140

Condition: Used Clear Title
http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.inf...12-MjI4OTE0MTI




Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlineautomotive.com
http://www.silverlineautomotive.com/...d-9849861.html

VIN #: 4S3BL676654217484 Stock #: 217484

Condition: Used Clear Title
http://www.salvage-cars-for-sale.inf...05-MjcyODAwMDI




Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlineautomotive.com
http://www.silverlineautomotive.com/...d-9400403.html

VIN #: JF1GV8J65BL513382 Stock #: 513382

Condition: Used Clear Title

http://www.salvageautosauction.com/v...ego-California





I could go on, but this post is long and annoying enough.
xVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #118
CGMDan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 127883
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
'09 C63 AMG '99RSTi
'05 CGM STi - RIP

Default

And [/thread]
CGMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #119
a93x
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320732
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bend
Vehicle:
2011 WRX sedan
AllWheelsDriven

Default

^^^^ +1
a93x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #120
hillsboro
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84823
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
11 STI
05 Outback XT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMDan View Post
And
???? Seems pretty straightforward. Cars purchased out of state with salvage titles, repaired, and sold as clean. Nice work xVern.
hillsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #121
lethx10
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292626
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
2000 Corolla

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Turbo View Post
actually I forgot my old password,my screen name was Turbo-Blow. I knew someone would BS about my review.
silver line always went above and beyond for me, I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm going to keep my opinion regarding the legitimacy of your story to myself but can you show me which cars were all salvage since you did do your research like you said..
So much for being 'new' here then..?
lethx10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #122
Slow Turbo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349425
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: in the hood
Vehicle:
06 STi
Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethx10 View Post
So much for being 'new' here then..?
I meant new to the NWIC. Im from California. Wow you guys love instigating..
Slow Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #123
xVern
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 241860
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Silverdale, WA
Vehicle:
2008 LGT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Turbo View Post
I meant new to the NWIC. Im from California. Wow you guys love instigating..
Still can't find your old username, in all of nasioc.

You tried to call me out on my integrity. You instigated me by questioning my story, i provided answers.
xVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #124
Fade2black02
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309997
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Arlington, WA
Vehicle:
2010 STI
Blick

Default

And that, my friends, is how you destroy the other side of the argument.

Well done, xVern.
Fade2black02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #125
CGMDan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 127883
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
'09 C63 AMG '99RSTi
'05 CGM STi - RIP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsboro View Post
???? Seems pretty straightforward. Cars purchased out of state with salvage titles, repaired, and sold as clean. Nice work xVern.
As in " and end thread"

That post pretty much gutted any hope of low slow turbo saving face.
CGMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Silverline auto in Oregon, importing salvage title, anyone deal with this MAtwal Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC 9 11-26-2010 05:32 PM
Are there any Auto Salons in Portland Or? wrx320 North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 5 06-18-2003 11:53 AM
Round 2 of USTCC is in Portland, OR This Weekend GarySheehan South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 1 04-25-2002 10:12 AM
AutoBody in Portland, OR Kucheto North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 6 03-27-2002 07:56 PM
Good Mechanic in Portland, OR drew510 North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 6 03-05-2002 04:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.