Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Vancouver Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
MAtwal
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 125053
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2004 Wrx Sedan
WRB

Default Silverline auto in Oregon, importing salvage title, anyone deal with this

Hey guys.

I have done some looking around into buying an 04-05 sti from the states and silverline automotive in Oregon state has alot of them listed. I searched the northwest forum for a review and I read that they are known to buy salvage title vehicles, rebuild and then sell off for "cheaper". A few threads mentioned that there rebuild work is good aslong as your comfy with the "salvage" title.

I want to know if any vicers here have dealt with silverline? If you know the mechanic who rebuilds for them? And if or how bringing a salvage title vehicle into Canada works. Does the "salvage" remAin on the car once registered into Canada?

And for the price, it doesn't seem like they give too much of a discount considering it's a rebuild though I would think there is room to negotiate from list price on thier website. A thread said they are well known for thier Subaru rebuilds and have sold 1000+ wrx, sti, legacy, etc.

I will be looking into them more through the NWIC but just want to know if anyone local has personal experience with them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MAtwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:59 AM   #2
MAtwal
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Wrx Sedan
WRB

ok so did my research and yes we are allowed to bring a salvaged vehicle to canada aslong as its not flood damaged. it has to pass a structural inspection plus provincial inspection. So the importing to me doesnt seem to be a big deal and I guess my car will always be branded as a rebuilt.

I guess I would be more just worried about the quality of the rebuild and if done by a certified mech. and proper tune etc.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:14 AM   #3
marcusklemme
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 237054
Vehicle:
2007 Cobalt =(
Red

I've looked into importing a salvaged Subie from the states as well due to the cheap(er) cost and was wondering the same thing so this information would be handy to me too. Sorry I know this doesn't help you at all lol.
marcusklemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:10 AM   #4
MAtwal
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Wrx Sedan
WRB

Riv.ca is the place to go for all your info. I'm hoping I can sell my wrx here for some decent $ and then put in a few $k and get me an sti which I've wanted from the begining.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
kronizer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 184325
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
silver

I bought my 05 Wrx from them 2 years ago, got in inspected, insured, havent had any issues besides my heated seats weren't hooked up when I first got it.
Only thing is I had to install day time running lights, 20 mins and about 50 dollars for the module thingy from crappy tire.
kronizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
vicali
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 166554
Vehicle:
2008 Forester AE

Interesting..

They sure do have a lot of nice subarus,
I would be intersted in hearing any other forum members experiences with these guys.

mike
vicali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
rally_nut
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139522
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 STI
Aspen White

Bought my 2004 sti from them 2 years ago. 30,000 miles later and not one single problem. easy as hell to deal with. Everything went off without a hitch.
rally_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #8
MAtwal
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Wrx Sedan
WRB

nice. I will definately be looking into them in the summer to see what they have in stock. It sounds like they know how to do thier builds
Old 05-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
King_Mooseman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 224865
Vehicle:
2004 STi
WRB

Good luck dude! I got my '04 Sti from the US and although it was not a salvage title, it might as well have been! lol

I did not go through these guys, but rest assured, your re-build title will stay with the vehicle wherever you go ... think about it if you found that a car you bought here was a re-build class in the US ... you would not be happy!

The only thing I would say is try and get a good price. My uncle rebuilds salvage cars in the US and you should be able to get much better deal compared to if the title was clean! Also, going from advice I have received from my uncle, try and stay away from anything that has been rolled and re-built.
King_Mooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
Ecksor
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 265139

Did you end up buying a car from silverline?
Ecksor is offline   Reply With Quote