Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday June 28, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-01-2002, 05:54 PM   #1
wrx420
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 18069
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Platinum Silver

Default Bad experience with redlinezone.com

First off let me warn you that this is a hell of a rant. It is really concerning that those people who choose to open up a website and sell things refuse to support anything over the web. This does not only pertain to this vendor I have had it happen before as I'm sure many of you have. This one I just decided to take a stand on.

I purchased the reverse indiglo gauges that they are selling, cost and shipping were both resonable and I received the part promptly. Here is a snip of the email I sent them:

Great fit on the product, installation was pretty straight forward. I am having a problem however. It seems when you adjust it towards the brighter blue color the inverter (black electrical box) starts to hum and changes pitch the further toward blue you go. Adjusting the brightness does not help, if I back it down toward green it stops buzzing but anything toward blue the inverter buzzes. I doubt this is normal, Iíve double checked the wiring, all looks good. Can I get yaíll to send me a replacement wiring and inverter? Or do you have any other suggestions, its getting rather annoying.

I had received no response so I emailed again a week later, still no response. So I sent them an email stating that I had not received a response and refused to pay for a product that did not work. I also stated that if I recieved no response that I would be disputing the charges. That woke him up, apparently he wanted the money, and he contacted me by phone. Unfortunately I missed his call and he left a voice mail that turned the situation around on me. Below is the email I just sent him:

While I appreciate your call this afternoon I am not going to waste money calling you long distance, if you canít type then call me back.

First off, your message was very out of line. You said I was impatient with email back and forth??? Where is the forth??? I have yet to receive an email from you regarding any of this, one email a week since Iíve had the gauges, damn right Iím impatient. You obviously do read your email however. Its amazing that you contacted me, I guess the threat of disputing charges made you think. I have nothing to discuss with you, my problem has been brought to your attention several times, if you hate to scroll down here it is again:

Great fit on the product, installation was pretty straight forward. I am having a problem however. It seems when you adjust it towards the brighter blue color the inverter (black electrical box) starts to hum and changes pitch the further toward blue you go. Adjusting the brightness does not help, if I back it down toward green it stops buzzing but anything toward blue the inverter buzzes. I doubt this is normal, Iíve double checked the wiring, all looks good. Can I get yaíll to send me a replacement wiring and inverter? Or do you have any other suggestions, its getting rather annoying.

As I stated before, if you canít type and send emails then you should not be selling online, that simple. Its like selling something through a storefront and then never being open. ***!!!

So what I need from you is the following:

Ship me another inverter and wiring with return postage and I will ship the other back to you.

You can send it to the following address:

XXXXX

If I do not get a response from you then I will still be disputing these charges. Also regardless of whether or not you make this right I will be posting this on i-club so fellow Subaru owners are warned of your bad business practices.

Jeff

I also again gave him my email address and phone number. So we'll see what happens. Right now it is less about the noise it makes and more about the quality of service (none) they provide. If it does work out I'll be sure to respond in the thread, regardless I would not recommend purchasing anything from them, I certainly won't.
wrx420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links