Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default Window bypass mod?

Yea.. so no door cards in the car.. Planned on driving with only the driver side switch connected. Anyone figured out how to Pin up the other connectors to bypass the switches?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
MasterKwan
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98961
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Black

Default

You want one switch to activate all the windows? The switches themselves are brain-dead. They hook up voltage one polarity to raise the window and reverse the polarity to lower them. It would be pretty easy to hook up a single switch to raise and lower all the windows simultaneously. You just need a strong enough power source.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
You want one switch to activate all the windows? The switches themselves are brain-dead. They hook up voltage one polarity to raise the window and reverse the polarity to lower them. It would be pretty easy to hook up a single switch to raise and lower all the windows simultaneously. You just need a strong enough power source.
I want to use the stock drivers side switch to run the others with them having the switches installed. Not all at once ..rears can be dead.
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
MasterKwan
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98961
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Black

Default

I'd check out the BL/RL wires going into the front passenger side switch connector with a meter. If they're 12 volts and the polarity reverses when you go up and down on the drivers side switch, I'd cut the connector out and attach the wires to the motor directly (LR/L).

You have to experiment with the polarity. Get it wrong and up will be down and down up. I didn't look at the back door wiring. It would be similiar though. Maybe different colors.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
I'd check out the BL/RL wires going into the front passenger side switch connector with a meter. If they're 12 volts and the polarity reverses when you go up and down on the drivers side switch, I'd cut the connector out and attach the wires to the motor directly (LR/L).

You have to experiment with the polarity. Get it wrong and up will be down and down up. I didn't look at the back door wiring. It would be similiar though. Maybe different colors.
Yeah thats what is throwing my off on the diagram.. colors are wrong.

2 wires are hot ...Y and LG .. making the driver side work is easy..getting the passenger side is not.
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
MasterKwan
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98961
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Black

Default

On the passenger side, you want wires that are only hot when the drivers side switch is pressed up or down. The constant hots won't be used. There's not that many wires. 2 constant hots are unused, 2 wires to the motor. The 2 remaining wires are the ones you use.

The 06's are different though. There's a relay looking thing that almost looks like it's used for putting all the windows down at once. I might wire around that and wire the system like the '05's.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
On the passenger side, you want wires that are only hot when the drivers side switch is pressed up or down. The constant hots won't be used. There's not that many wires. 2 constant hots are unused, 2 wires to the motor. The 2 remaining wires are the ones you use.

The 06's are different though. There's a relay looking thing that almost looks like it's used for putting all the windows down at once. I might wire around that and wire the system like the '05's.
Ok... I may have found the issue. The wires that I found hot are for the door locks... so nothing is hot on the window side. Looking into the relay...and CB
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
MasterKwan
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98961
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Black

Default

Master window switch?
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
Master window switch?
Yes master window switch.. anyhow


Problem solved.

Passenger side Pins 4 to 7 and 5 to 6 bypasses the switch

You now have control of the passenger window.. without the switch.

Oh and the relay was labeled wrong on my 06...
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #10
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
Master window switch?
Thanks for the help!
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Throttle Coolant Bypass Mod NavyBlueSubaru Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 5 01-15-2013 01:58 PM
HELP! Power window bypass. pom Newbies & FAQs 7 10-26-2008 09:50 AM
Boost solenoid bypass mod luck? Lightsped Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain 6 11-20-2002 10:56 AM
Did the TB bypass mod today ImpreziveRS Normally Aspirated Powertrain 15 09-22-2002 09:56 PM
Just did the TB bypass mod... IggDawg Normally Aspirated Powertrain 46 09-19-2002 10:00 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.