Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
TheRipler
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34010
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fire Substation #2
Vehicle:
04 LandShark STi
198.1mph

Default Standing Mile Record: 198.1mph - LandShark STi - Fastest Subaru in the West


LandShark STi - 198.1mph
Fastest Subaru in the Western Hemisphere





Event: Standing Mile
Location: Texas Mile, Goliad County Industrial Air Park www.texasmile.net
Class: STU (Unlimited Street Vehicle)
Ambient Temp: 72.1 F
Elevation: 324ft
Weather: 39%RH, 29.98inHg Falling, vis 10.0 miles, Wind SSE 6.9mph, clear
(Weather data from Berclair Tx 2:25pm)
Track and Conditions: concrete, dusty, flat
Tires: Kumho Ecsta SPT XL 225/40ZR19 Y(93)

Car: 2004, STi
Tuner: Kenny Tran
Target Boost: 35 psi
Target AFR: ~4:1
Fuel: VP M1
Fuel consumption: 3 gal/mi

Engine/Power Modifications:
DBW Hybrid 2.5L from Watt's Shop Race Engines
GT4088R 1.06 A/R single scroll
Custom FMIC
Gruppe-s EL headers
ID2000 injectors
Aeromotive rails
Fuelab filters and regulator
Weldon Racing pump 180gph
5gal Fuel Cell
AEM EMS

Driveline Modifications:
ACT sprung 6-puck w/ XT pressure plate
Gruppe-S Flywheel

Suspension Modifications:
AST Raceline coilovers (Rebuilt by Vorshlag)
Unabomber's Sexy Rearend
Cobb Swaybars f/r

Other Modifications:
Wing Delete (cf trunk lid)
Custom Hood Scoop Delete
Side Mirror Delete
Wiper Delete
4pt roll hoop
6pt harness
SSR Comp-H 19x7.5

Team Principal / Driver: TheRipler
Chief Engineer: squidz
Team Manager: wrxdaddy
Video: wrxdaddy's brother
Technical Consultants: 1 Fast EVO 2 and Chicago Yusef

Car is registered, inspected, and insured.
Power windows, power locks w/ keyless entry, auto dimming compass mirror, and AM/FM/CD/MP3/Sirius.
Can be returned to street duty in <2hrs





I also have a video. You can clearly hear the gal who gives me the time slip, and you might even be able to read it at the end if you watch the 1080HD version.


Additional event coverage at Speed Sport Life:
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by TheRipler; 04-12-2010 at 12:25 AM.
TheRipler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
taossti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 145445
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston
Vehicle:
05 Time Attack STi

Default

Was it stable at speed?
taossti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx,5.3L,S476r
FNF LSX Swap,E85 and more

Default

Wow that's moving!!!! Congrats!!
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
SharpByCoop
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 199906
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: CT, home of The Shop
Vehicle:
2008 Infiniti G37S
World's quickest: 11.13"

Default Thanks.

Nicely done. As you were building this post I was looking through the Gallery of photos from the event (posted on Beaviscih's thread) and spotted this seemingly insignificant SUBI. I wondered....

He mentioned someone else had captured the crown. Yes, the 1080 version at the end clearly shows the ticket!

Thanks for the post. A worthy accomplishment.

Coop
SharpByCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
TheRipler
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34010
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fire Substation #2
Vehicle:
04 LandShark STi
198.1mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taossti View Post
Was it stable at speed?
With the rebuilt AST Racelines, the ride was smooth at silk. Much thanks to squidz for setup and Vorshlag for the rebuild.

The only thing that really upsets her is if you start getting 15-20mph+ crosswinds, which we didn't really see last weekend. Of course, that's more of an aero issue. Headwinds and tailwinds don't have much effect on stability.

So, where were you this weekend? I thought I saw your name on the program. That is, if you're the guy I'm thinking of.
TheRipler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:45 PM   #6
beaviscih
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123362
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Dorothy's House
Vehicle:
'93 Crapcan, '98L
Sold, '04 STi - Sold

Default

Great run Scott, I'm glad it came together. Sorry I missed you Saturday afternoon, but you were gone after I finished my last run of the afternoon. Obviously I didn't come close and as I commented in October, I knew the 189 wouldn't hold up in March.

I've been participating in this event since 2007 and Scott has been doing it since its inception, or pretty close to it. While it's great that two Subaru's broke the 190 mark, it was disappointing not to have more running. Regardless of the speed, its a great event and total rush.

Oh, and the GoPro resolution is great. I've got to dump the 8mm digital and pick up one.

Congrats!

Last edited by beaviscih; 03-31-2010 at 11:51 PM.
beaviscih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
TheRipler
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34010
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fire Substation #2
Vehicle:
04 LandShark STi
198.1mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaviscih View Post
Great run Scott, I'm glad it came together. Sorry I missed you Saturday afternoon, but you were gone after I finished my last run of the afternoon. Obviously I didn't come close and as I commented in October, I knew the 189 wouldn't hold up in March.

I've been participating in this event since 2007 and Scott has been doing it since its inception, or pretty close to it. While it's great that two Subaru's broke the 190 mark, it was disappointing not to have more running. Regardless of the speed, its a great event and total rush.

Oh, and the GoPro resolution is great. I've got to dump the 8mm digital and pick up one.

Congrats!
Thanks, Bill.

As always, it was great fun running with you last weekend. I like the wing. Sad part is, if I would have swiped your air dam when you offered, I probably would have hit 200!

Even though I've been running since 2004, this is actually the first time I've come out on top. Always been close. Sometimes within hundredths of a mph. (Which reminds me, I'm a bit upset that they cut the decimal points from thousandths to tenths. Maxton goes to four digits. )

I keep watching the video, and thinking that it's so short. When it was actually happening, I could have sworn the last half mile took 1-2minutes. Definitely not 8.x seconds! I remember thinking, "Where are the timing lights?" ...wait... ...wait... ...wait... ...3/4mile. What a rush, indeed.
TheRipler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #8
subenerd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 72630
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CA
Vehicle:
2004 STi

Default

198mph is cookin! '04 represent
subenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:14 AM   #9
texas05sti
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 126242
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: RIP Seannie 6/16/07
Vehicle:
2005 STi/2012 GTR
TXIC's most loved

Default

Awesome run Ripler, wish I had been down there to see it. Hopefully I'll be in the shootout come October. There will hopefully be at least 3 Subarus on top of the 200mph mark. (I'm not gonna come in here and lay down any more after-race challenges cause I've missed the last 4 races )

Really am glad it finally all worked out, as helpful as you are to the rest of us you deserve to be on top.
texas05sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #10
TDagen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 163648
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minnesota, mpls
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx,5.3L,S476r
FNF LSX Swap,E85 and more

Default

That vp M1 is really some jet fuel eh? 4:1 afr 3 gallons a mile omg that's just guzzling the stuff bahaha! Sick! Btw what's the IDC's running the M1 with the 2200cc's?
TDagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:39 AM   #11
DJSuperSoul
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120004
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: beavertron
Vehicle:
2xx8 STI
grey

Default

What do you guys run for safety equipment?
DJSuperSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:02 AM   #12
wrxtremeWGN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 12281
Join Date: Nov 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Stony Brook, NY
Vehicle:
08 FSXT
Tiger's Blood

Default

amazing, looks like such a sleeper!
wrxtremeWGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:39 AM   #13
NSFW
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 140444
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
05 Stage Free LGT
ATP 3076, 6MT, AVO FMIC

Default

Congratulations!
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #14
2gnt2wrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 123625
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Waukesha, WI
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
2015 wrx gbp

Default

Sweet, You are right there at the 200mph mark. Good Job!
2gnt2wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
stevenh
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 35277
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Dallas Tx
Default

Hey, I'm pretty sure we met a few years back at Kingpin when you were trying to get this car ready for the mile event... Its good to see you have it all sorted out. Congrats on the great numbers!
stevenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #16
Homemade WRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 33782
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: 3MI Racing LLC
Vehicle:
96 bastard child
search FIRST, then PM!!!

Default

Aaaaaalmost into the 200mph club!! congrats

so I'm going to guess at least 200mph is the goal for October?

The entry fee's are $100 a day, right?
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #17
CKxx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 33458
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
Your BOV sounds lame
93 RX7+09 Forester

Default

That's really cool. Would lowering the car more help in this situation?
CKxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #18
cnstman
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 9548
Join Date: Aug 2001
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
10.154 @139 @ 7,000'DA

Default

do they happen to give you 1/2 mile mph as well?

contrats!!
cnstman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #19
TheRipler
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34010
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fire Substation #2
Vehicle:
04 LandShark STi
198.1mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas05sti View Post
Awesome run Ripler, wish I had been down there to see it. Hopefully I'll be in the shootout come October. There will hopefully be at least 3 Subarus on top of the 200mph mark. (I'm not gonna come in here and lay down any more after-race challenges cause I've missed the last 4 races )

Really am glad it finally all worked out, as helpful as you are to the rest of us you deserve to be on top.
Thanks, man.

That's probably a good idea on the challenges. I'd hate to have to bring up that lawnmower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenh View Post
Hey, I'm pretty sure we met a few years back at Kingpin when you were trying to get this car ready for the mile event... Its good to see you have it all sorted out. Congrats on the great numbers!
Oof, memories. I almost lost this car to them. It took another 6mo or so to get the car working again after I got it back. I've really tried to black out that period in my car's history.

...but yeah, we probably did meet. 'sup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDagen View Post
That vp M1 is really some jet fuel eh? 4:1 afr 3 gallons a mile omg that's just guzzling the stuff bahaha! Sick! Btw what's the IDC's running the M1 with the 2200cc's?
No idea on the IDCs. I can't trust the AEM on meth. We were seeing 140-160% on the dyno, and started to get concerned even though the fuel kept coming. AEM said "Yeah, that happens with meth. Some people see 200%+." They sent us another base map, and it started reading more reasonably. I still don't trust the numbers. All I know is that we can add fuel, and it still gets richer. I'd have to hook up a scope while on the dyno to see real numbers, and I just haven't taken the time (or spent the money) to do that.

The ID2000s are pushing about 2500cc as we have it set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSuperSoul View Post
What do you guys run for safety equipment?
Not enough, but more than the GT-Rs.

The rules for >190 can be found on www.texasmile.net.

I'm pretty convinced that >200, a parachute would be a good thing to have. It's on my todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homemade WRX View Post
Aaaaaalmost into the 200mph club!! congrats

so I'm going to guess at least 200mph is the goal for October?

The entry fee's are $100 a day, right?
Yes, on all counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKxx View Post
That's really cool. Would lowering the car more help in this situation?
Probably, but I'm still on the stock gear box, and I'm using tall tires to increase gearing. It can't really go much lower as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnstman View Post
do they happen to give you 1/2 mile mph as well?

contrats!!
No, just the car number, time stamp, and mph over the last 132ft. I know I had already run out 5th to 8K, and was into 6th at 1/2mi.
TheRipler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #20
kyleblix
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73495
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland
Vehicle:
E90 M3, '11
Forester, Viper GTS

Default

great run!! sooooooo close to 200
kyleblix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #21
modaddict
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 95840
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Pasco, WA
Vehicle:
sold to a good bud
awaiting next car

Default

Methanol FTMFW!
modaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #22
Boxer4u
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 115149
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Antioch, IL
Vehicle:
07 STI
Murdered & Loud

Default

holy crap stock gear box! i thought you for sure would have had some taller ratios.

What size tires are you running?

Great run! do you think 200 is attainable?
Boxer4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #23
CKxx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 33458
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
Your BOV sounds lame
93 RX7+09 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRipler View Post
Probably, but I'm still on the stock gear box, and I'm using tall tires to increase gearing. It can't really go much lower as it is.
Interesting. Any idea what 7000rpm in 4th is? I'd be interested to try and avoid shifting to 5th.
CKxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #24
TheRipler
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34010
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fire Substation #2
Vehicle:
04 LandShark STi
198.1mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer4u View Post
holy crap stock gear box! i thought you for sure would have had some taller ratios.

What size tires are you running?

Great run! do you think 200 is attainable?
225/40-19 as stated in the OP. 200mph is definitely doable with the 40R, but I think we're getting pretty close to the limit of this little turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKxx View Post
Interesting. Any idea what 7000rpm in 4th is? I'd be interested to try and avoid shifting to 5th.
~102mph
TheRipler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #25
medamullet
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 99442
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Man of Mystery
Vehicle:
2006 SGM STI
I'm on CORN YO!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRipler View Post

LandShark STi - 198.1mph
Fastest Subaru in the Western Hemisphere


Event: Standing Mile
Location: Texas Mile, Goliad County Industrial Air Park www.texasmile.net
Class: STU (Unlimited Street Vehicle)
Ambient Temp: 72.1 F
Elevation: 324ft
Weather: 39%RH, 29.98inHg Falling, vis 10.0 miles, Wind SSE 6.9mph, clear
(Weather data from Berclair Tx 2:25pm)
Track and Conditions: concrete, dusty, flat
Tires: Kumho Ecsta SPT XL 225/40ZR19 Y(93)

Car: 2004, STi
Tuner: Kenny Tran
Target Boost: 35 psi
Target AFR: ~4:1
Fuel: VP M1
Fuel consumption: 3 gal/mi

Engine/Power Modifications:
DBW Hybrid 2.5L from Watt's Shop Race Engines
GT4088R 1.06 A/R single scroll
Custom FMIC
Gruppe-s EL headers
ID2000 injectors
Aeromotive rails
Fuelab filters and regulator
Weldon Racing pump 180gph
5gal Fuel Cell
AEM EMS

Driveline Modifications:
ACT sprung 6-puck w/ XT pressure plate
Gruppe-S Flywheel

Suspension Modifications:
AST Raceline coilovers (Rebuilt by Vorshlag)
Unabomber's Sexy Rearend
Cobb Swaybars f/r

Other Modifications:
Wing Delete (cf trunk lid)
Custom Hood Scoop Delete
Side Mirror Delete
Wiper Delete
4pt roll hoop
6pt harness
SSR Comp-H 19x7.5



You don't have enough fuel for a down and back
medamullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fastest standard 35r subaru in the US 10secbugeye Proven Power Bragging 39 06-10-2010 11:23 PM
Fastest Subaru in the United States w/video H.K. Phooey Motorsports 14 10-20-2009 05:49 PM
Could this be the fastest Subaru in the US? (video inside) sleepy98 Off-Topic 26 01-06-2007 09:47 PM
Who's got the fastest Subaru in Houston?: Part II jefersun Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 41 06-20-2006 05:41 PM
STi Fastest car in the world........ MR. STi Proven Power Bragging 59 11-12-2004 10:28 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.