Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
skittle
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 123550
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Rally Blue

Default Different shades of bronze? Volk CE28N

Does Volk offer different shades of bronze on the Volk ce28n? A bright and a dark version?
I noticed as I'm browsing through the classified that there seems to be different shades of bronze. Is it just the lighting and results of the photo?

Some look really bright almost gold and some look really dark (almost brown). Here are some examples from the classifieds, both bronze:

Bright:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...highlight=volk

Dark (dirty wheels):
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
skittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
dan avoN7
Top Scoob 002

Member#: 32771
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
03 Black WRX
04 White M3

The Bronze is the exact same on all of those CE28's. The first link shows a set that's been cleaned very well and has absolutely no brake dust. Also he took some nice shots with proper light to show the bit of sparkle/metallic the bronze color has. The wheels in the last two links are just dirty (never understood why people don't properly clean stuff before posting for sale LOL) and the pictures don't have great lighting.
dan avoN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
Patrick Olsen
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
QuickSilver Metallic

I think it's just different lighting conditions. You can see how different mine look in these pics - light and dark.

With that said, taosti's wheels do look more gold than even my "light" pic. I don't know how repeatable annodizing is from batch to batch compared to paint, so maybe there is some variation in the annodizing?

Pat Olsen
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
skittle
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 123550
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Rally Blue

Thanks for replies! I like the lighter tone of taosti's wheels.
skittle is offline   Reply With Quote