Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 26, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #1
Halif0x
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 397905
Vehicle:
2006 Hawkeye STi
Black

Default Carbon creations carb fiber STi wing HELP PLEASE!!

I have an 06 STi. Before I purchased it, someone swapped trunks and it now has a WRX trunk and spoiler. I just purchased a carbon fiber STi spoiler from carbon creations and they do not have bolts that are already mounted within the wing, but instead you screw the bolts upward with no way to put a nut on. This worries me that my new spoiler may fall off at high speeds. There are also an extra 2 bolt holes on each side of the wing. (2 holes on each side match up with the original holes) When I placed the wing on my trunk, there is a gap between the spoiler and the trunk. Would the spoiler be secure enough with just the four bolt holes from the WRX wing? If I drill the extra holes, I'm afraid the gap will cause water to enter my trunk because there is no seal around the base of the spoiler. Please help in any way possible!!
Thank you!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Halif0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #2
Extreme Dimensions
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 264277

you will be fine using the supplied hardware but if you are worried please send some us pictures and we can review them!
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
Halif0x
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 Hawkeye STi
Black

I might have to send pictures. I just don't know if I feel safe screwing those screws upward. There are bolts supplied but I'm not sure how to use them.. The directions I received weren't very descriptive and there was no foam around the border of the spoiler like there is on the oem. Plus, there is a gap between my trunk and the spoiler.. If I drill two new holes on each side I'm afraid it will cause a leak in my trunk.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #4
Extreme Dimensions
NASIOC Vendor

It is a pretty straight forward part to install part but we do recomend professional installation and you might want to bring it by a bodyshop to have them review the install of the part.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:01 PM   #5
Halif0x
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 Hawkeye STi
Black

Default Carbon creations carb fiber STi wing HELP PLEASE!!

There are no illustrations on how to use the bolts. The way the spoiler is set up, there is no way to use the nuts with the bolts. You can only screw the bolt upward and hope it holds. Kind of sketchy to me.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:08 PM   #6
Extreme Dimensions
NASIOC Vendor

We have sold a good number of these and have not had any issues with the mounting but like i said we do recommend professional installation and i would recommend to get a quote with a local shop if you are unsure.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #7
Halif0x
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 Hawkeye STi
Black

I'd rather not spend extra money to get it installed, I'm perfectly capable of doing it my self. It's not very hard to drill a hole and tighten a bolt. Lol. But all I'm asking is: what are the nuts for? There is no way to screw the nut onto the bolt from my perspective. So if you can enlighten me on how I can do this, that would be great. Unless the nuts are not needed for the spoiler, and just screw upward without a nut.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #8
Extreme Dimensions
NASIOC Vendor

there should be bolts drilled into the wing already . The bag of nuts/bolts is universal and comes with all of our parts please see the picture below!

Old 04-16-2015, 12:27 AM   #9
Halif0x
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 Hawkeye STi
Black

I did receive the wing with bolts drilled upward into the wing. I was just confused as to what the bag of extra nuts and bolts were for.
So to secure the wing, you just screw the bolts upward into the wing, as received?
Old 04-16-2015, 11:14 AM   #10
Extreme Dimensions
NASIOC Vendor

yes sir! the extra bag of nuts and bolts and screws are supplied with all of our parts!
Old 04-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #11
Halif0x
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2006 Hawkeye STi
Black

Perfect. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #12
Extreme Dimensions
NASIOC Vendor

no problem and please send us/post up some pictures once installed!