Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #1
WhyVtec
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 388829
Vehicle:
02 Flared WRX
WRB

Talking Manzo Performance Coilover Suspension Review

I've contacted Manzo Performance about these newly released coilovers to see what they were all about.
I was informed that these coilovers are designed for street use and some occasional track/spirited driving.
That was exactly what I was looking for!
Eventually decided to pick up a set and try them out.

Features:
-15 levels of damper force adjustments with affirmative clicks from "Soft" to "Hard" settings
-SAE-9254 steel springs
-CNC machined precision parts
-Lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum alloy brackets
-Fully adjustable height
-Includes Spanner wrenches to adjust coilover height

SPRING RATES:
Front - Length: 200 mm / Spring Rate: 8 kg
Rear - Length: 200 mm / Spring Rate: 6 kg

DAMPER SPECS:
Front - Stroke Length: 118 mm / Casing Length: 270 mm / Piston Rod Diameter: 20 mm
Rear - Stroke Length: 143 mm / Casing Length: 300 mm / Piston Rod Diameter: 20 mm

Out with the old shocks and springs

In with the new Manzo Performance coilover

Installation was really straight forward and no instruction was needed to install.
Pretty much if you know how to remove the factory shocks and springs you can get these coilovers installed with ease.
Everything bolted up fine. Removing old shocks/springs and installing these Manzo coilovers only took under 2 hours.

These are the M600 series coilovers. They don't come with front camber plates but
I've been informed by Manzo that the will be releasing a Camber plates options later.
Camber for me wasn't really an issue because I was only looking to run -2.5 degrees of front camber and 1.5 in rear.
So the factory camber adjustment with the use of some camber bolts was able to do that without the need of Camber plates

As you can see there's still a lot of room to lower the coilovers. The Manzo coilovers has enough adjustment so that you can pretty much drop your Subie to the ground!
I've chosen not to slam my car since the car is being shared between me and my GF
The GF daily this WRX during the week and becomes my weekend warrior.

Have had these coilovers on for a few weeks now and have ran them on the soft dampening settings 1-3 clicks of dampening and so far the ride is not bad. It's definitely stiffer than stock but not overly stiff where it's unbearable for daily driving.
My GF has driven on these Manzo Coilovers much more than me and she says they ride much better than the shocks and springs (KYB struts & Eibach Springs) that were on the car before. Iím guessing this is due to the fact that when installing lowering springs on OEM type struts causes the strut bottom out or strut to be lowered more than its optimum range of travel causing a harsh ride. With these Manzo Performance coilovers. There are no issues with bottoming out because thereís a perch adjustment to lower the coilovers instead of lowering the spring. So no matter how lower you go the ride will still be the same with these coilovers.
The ride is still very comfortable. Will be taking these coilovers on for a spirited drive soon and start playing around with the dampening.

Stay tuned!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WhyVtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
eddiexxxxxg
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 306301
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
05 wrx
white

how much did they run you
eddiexxxxxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
WhyVtec
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 Flared WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiexxxxxg View Post
how much did they run you
These are MSRP at $850 shipped to your doors
Old 07-05-2014, 04:50 AM   #4
JDMPauL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289761
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
White

How they holding up?
JDMPauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
WhyVtec
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 Flared WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMPauL View Post
How they holding up?
Holding up good still. Daily on them everyday on the softest dampening setting.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #6
smalltimej
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 394091
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2011 STI Hatchback
Dark Grey

I'll have to look into these

Sent from my iPhone using NASIOC