Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Texas Impreza Club
Texas Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Gillman Subaru Houston
and Gillman Subaru San Antonio
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC > TXIC Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
unloco187
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 98467
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: TEXAS!
Vehicle:
2002 wrx

Default WTT: 15" Unibody Macbook Pro 2.66 ghz 4gig ram, 500gb hd @ 7200 RPM

sold.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by unloco187; 04-26-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: sold
unloco187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:05 AM   #2
unloco187
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 98467
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: TEXAS!
Vehicle:
2002 wrx

Default

wow 45 views and no one wants to buy this computer???
unloco187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #3
Mr_Cox
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 178944
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Not trying to be a buzz kill but just letting you and everyone else know the TX gun laws

Sales between individuals
[*]Federal law allows the sale of a long gun or a handgun between private parties of the same state as long as the purchaser is 18 years of age. An individual who does not possess a federal firearms license may not sell a modern firearm to a resident of another state without first transferring the firearm to a dealer in the purchaser's state. Firearms received by bequest or intestate succession are exempt from those sections of the law which forbid the transfer, sale, delivery or transportation of firearms into a state other than the transferor's state of residence. Likewise, antique firearms are exempt from these sections of the law in most states. (Antique firearms are defined as those manufactured pre-1899 by US federal law, or modern replicas thereof that do not use cartridges. State law definitions on antique firearms vary considerably from state to state.)

Last edited by Mr_Cox; 04-20-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Mr_Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
OneArmedScissor
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (13)
 
Member#: 18958
Join Date: May 2002
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Oakland What it do
Vehicle:
08 STi
Black as my heart

Default

you can go down to your local range and have them do the transfer for a small fee. They'll also do the paperwork and make sure it gets done legally.
OneArmedScissor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
TJ
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (9)
 
Member#: 41735
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Look MFer
Vehicle:
I'm on your lawn
do something about it

Default

something something face to face sale
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
unloco187
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 98467
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: TEXAS!
Vehicle:
2002 wrx

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cox View Post
Not trying to be a buzz kill but just letting you and everyone else know the TX gun laws

Sales between individuals
[*]Federal law allows the sale of a long gun or a handgun between private parties of the same state as long as the purchaser is 18 years of age. An individual who does not possess a federal firearms license may not sell a modern firearm to a resident of another state without first transferring the firearm to a dealer in the purchaser's state. Firearms received by bequest or intestate succession are exempt from those sections of the law which forbid the transfer, sale, delivery or transportation of firearms into a state other than the transferor's state of residence. Likewise, antique firearms are exempt from these sections of the law in most states. (Antique firearms are defined as those manufactured pre-1899 by US federal law, or modern replicas thereof that do not use cartridges. State law definitions on antique firearms vary considerably from state to state.)
I'm sorry if I am missing something here, but what does this have to do with my sale as long as everyone is from Texas? I mean I know for a fact that you can meet someone in a parking lot and LEGALLY purchase a weapon from them as long as you are legally allowed to do so. Based on what I read I see that anyone who is looking at engaging in a trade with me would be doing absolutely nothing wrong so I am having a hard time seeing why you put that in my thread.
unloco187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
unloco187
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 98467
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: TEXAS!
Vehicle:
2002 wrx

Default

And this would definitely be a face to face transaction.
unloco187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
Mr_Cox
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 178944
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unloco187 View Post
I'm sorry if I am missing something here, but what does this have to do with my sale as long as everyone is from Texas? I mean I know for a fact that you can meet someone in a parking lot and LEGALLY purchase a weapon from them as long as you are legally allowed to do so. Based on what I read I see that anyone who is looking at engaging in a trade with me would be doing absolutely nothing wrong so I am having a hard time seeing why you put that in my thread.

Whoa whoa whoa buddy relaaaaax man for one thing it's a free bump, for another thing it's just good information to know. I'm sorry man this will be the last bump I make to any of your threads, I didn't realize you would be so offended by it.
Mr_Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #9
unloco187
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 98467
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: TEXAS!
Vehicle:
2002 wrx

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cox View Post
Whoa whoa whoa buddy relaaaaax man for one thing it's a free bump, for another thing it's just good information to know. I'm sorry man this will be the last bump I make to any of your threads, I didn't realize you would be so offended by it.
I just dont see the relevance, almost as if to scare people off who may be interested in doing business with me because they may think that trading weapons is illegal.
unloco187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #10
Mr_Cox
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 178944
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unloco187 View Post
I just dont see the relevance, almost as if to scare people off who may be interested in doing business with me because they may think that trading weapons is illegal.
Lol well there in lies your relevance then. Now they know it isn't
Mr_Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
r8ram
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (9)
 
Member#: 135169
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW
Vehicle:
2004 STi WRB
2000 VSM EK9

Default

I have an ar-15 with a c-more ctac red dot site on it... just throwin it out there...
r8ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #12
unloco187
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (10)
 
Member#: 98467
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: TEXAS!
Vehicle:
2002 wrx

Default

sold.
unloco187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.