Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC > MWSOC Private Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:53 AM   #1
K-A-N-U
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 178120
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Blue

Default WTB: Racing seats: Sparco, MOMO, Cobra, Recaro.

I'm looking to buy 2 racing seats.

They need to be FIA approved. If their FIA approval is expired, than that must be reflected by the price too. I prefer seats with halo, but my budget is kind of tide, so let me know what you have.

I also need a little favor from anyone in Chicago land area and more particularly NW burbs. I'm shopping online for seats too, but I get a lot of advices from fellow racers: "Test different brands and models to see which one suits you best". So even if you don't have racing seats for sale, but you have some installed in your car or laying around I would greatly appreciate it if you met me stop by and test sit in them and see how they fit my bony ass. Any make and model would work.

Thanks all!
Ivo
630-400-0466
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
K-A-N-U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Big_DeWeY
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (8)

Member#: 37078
Vehicle:
95 L
Blue-ish

You should take a spin up to Northstar Motorsports (http://www.northstarmotorsports.com/) and or Touge Factory. Both of these places hace quite a few seats you can sit in and figure out what works for you. I will be the first one to tell you that you need to try the seat before you buy it unless you 5'5" and 130lbs then your going to have issues finding one that feels right.
Big_DeWeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
DS1
Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (17)

Member#: 111780

If you find a seat you like let me know, I can get killer deals on Sparco and Recaro.

Dylan @ DS1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

THE Biggest Motul Dealer in the Midwest, we can beat anyone's pricing!

[B][U][COLOR="Black"][FONT="Century Gothic"]"Your attempt to copy shows you have nothing to offer"[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B]
DS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
K-A-N-U
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Blue

Well it looks like no one in the Chicago land area has a racing seat that I can sit in

Does anyone at least know what the differance would be between a tubular frame seat and a fiberglass seat? Any comfort issues? Flexing maybe? Impact strength? etc..

Dylan thanks for the help, I will keep it in mind.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
Big_DeWeY
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
95 L
Blue-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A-N-U View Post
Well it looks like no one in the Chicago land area has a racing seat that I can sit in

Does anyone at least know what the differance would be between a tubular frame seat and a fiberglass seat? Any comfort issues? Flexing maybe? Impact strength? etc..

Dylan thanks for the help, I will keep it in mind.
Go up to Northstar. They have almost all of Sparcos line on display. Touge Factory used to have most of Brides line available to sit in too. Before you order anything atleast get an idea of what you want.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
K-A-N-U
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Blue

I plan on going there on Saturday. Their business hours are really unconvenient M-F 9am-5pm, so Saturday is my only option. Looks like they cary Sparco, Recaro, Racetech, OMP and Corbeau. The problem is that Corbeau's are not FIA approved so they are out of the picture. Northstar only has 1 OMP seat and it's pretty expensive for me. Recaro's are too expensive too so Sparco will be the only manufacturer that I would be able to test fit and see how it feels.

I'm looking to spend about $300-400 per seat, FIA approved, side and bottom mount.

I currently have my eye on some Sabelt, Cobra, Sparco, MOMO and Status seats. Out of all I think the Sabelt Duo Racer seat is the best choice.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
04_wrx_platinum
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (10)

Member#: 40797
Vehicle:
04 WRX
Platinum

I have a Sparco Pro2000 installed you are welcome to try out.
04_wrx_platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
K-A-N-U
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_wrx_platinum View Post
I have a Sparco Pro2000 installed you are welcome to try out.
That would be great, can you PM me your phone and address and I'll contact you one of these days.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
Big_DeWeY
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
95 L
Blue-ish

Come to the shootout. I'm sure there will be a lot of guys with seats in their cars you can try out.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
ubersoph
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 130552

Do you want FIA approved for track use? I have a 16" Ultrashield Rally (Aluminum seat, not FIA approved but can get by with a back brace) I haven't installed into my Miata yet - I could bring it to a meet or something, if non subies and former subie owners are good to go to them .
ubersoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
K-A-N-U
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubersoph View Post
Do you want FIA approved for track use? I have a 16" Ultrashield Rally (Aluminum seat, not FIA approved but can get by with a back brace) I haven't installed into my Miata yet - I could bring it to a meet or something, if non subies and former subie owners are good to go to them .
Yes, I'm going to use it for my rally car. RA does not require the seat to be FIA approved, or at least not yet. Soon enough they will require that and I need to be on the safe side and have FIA approved seats. Plus I might use the car with other racing divisions and most need FIA approval.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
ubersoph
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 130552

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A-N-U View Post
Yes, I'm going to use it for my rally car. RA does not require the seat to be FIA approved, or at least not yet. Soon enough they will require that and I need to be on the safe side and have FIA approved seats. Plus I might use the car with other racing divisions and most need FIA approval.
Ahh - from what I've seen for most organizations you can get by with seats that don't have FIA approval by using a back brace. I know the Spec Miata guys do it with the seat I have anyway
ubersoph is offline   Reply With Quote