Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 30, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
borgey
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 247194
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
02 WRX
silver

Default my ej22e hybrid, NEED INPUT

Hey, I've been using this site for a while but just recently made an account because I am about to dive headfirst into a big project. My name is Jordan btw.

So, I have an 02 wrx with turbo back exhaust and some free/cheap mods. mostly stock. i got slammed into by a truck pulling a trailer and the trailer ripped the entire from of my car off. (from front bumper to accessories to breaking my cam gears) Its been sitting in my garage for about 2 months now and about a week ago I found a front clip nearby for 1850. thats only body no engine trans or anything like that. i was going to get it this coming weekend but yesterday I found a 96 Impreza LX awd. perfectly running car, 196k, only 1300 bucks. so I'm now changing direction. I'm going to get the impreza swap all the parts from my wrx.

heres my plan:
dash and seats from wrx.
rebuild the ej22e short block
put on the 02 wrx heads
evo 3 16g at 1bar
sti pink injectors
5speed trans from 02 wrx
rear diff from 02 wrx
ej205 timing kit
02 wrx ecu and harness
cobb ap tune for now
cusco downpipe
hks header and up-pipe
fmic.
many other modifications but thats the basis of the project

unsure about headgasket. would like to keep the stock CR of an ej205 of 8.1:1 correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm thinking a thin ej22e headgasket. maybe someone has some insight

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by borgey; 05-25-2010 at 06:55 PM.
borgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
suberdave
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 101865
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
88 GL-10 STi
silver

EJ22t head gaskets will keep your compression ration right at about 8.2:1. but your quench volume will be up in the 11.2cc range, witch is a bit high...

-=Suberdave=-
suberdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:08 AM   #3
borgey
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 WRX
silver

If I run the ej22e oem head gasket will I have any problems?

I appreciate the help.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
borgey
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 WRX
silver

I got the car about 2 weeks ago but haven't had a chance to post pics. I've gotten the 02 wrx stripped of everything (lots of 02 wrx parts for sale to come as soon as I have established myself on this site) and since i have experience in plastic welding I'm going to take the swap a little further. Out of curiosity, I put the 02 door panels up to the 96 impreza doors. It was a lot closer than I thought. So, what I'm gonna do is cut the outer edges of the lower part of the 96 panels and "weld" them onto my also modified 02 panels. I'm goin to cover the panels in thin padding and most likely alcantara. will post pics soon of everything else. The interior of the impreza is IMMACULATE. I just dont like the tan interior. OH YEA I almost forgot, i put the 02 carpet into the 96 and with slight, and I mean very slight, modification it fit great, surprisingly. Well, tomorrow I'll have pics if anyone is interested.

EDIT Also I'm considering just re-using my gt-spec II header. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Last edited by borgey; 06-16-2010 at 11:14 AM.