Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default GD caged weights...

Post up your weights and equipment that may add or subtract that are not standard. please no truck scale type crap.


My last weight in 1282kg's with 1/2 tank, Kaps sss, and full 12L water tank Hydra mist sys. This was fully wet in dual trim. 50kg's of ballast was in the car.

I'm looking for solo weights and more ideas of sheding weight.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
mav1c
Hoodbridge!
Moderator
 
Member#: 560
Join Date: Nov 1999
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Vehicle:
2006 STi, '11 A4
Crystal Gray, Silver

Default

When I had my car corner blanced it came in at 3210. That's with a full cage, fire system, 2 Racetech seats, and harnesses. Most of the interior has been stripped. Doors gutted. AC Removed. Lightweight battery.
mav1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1c View Post
When I had my car corner blanced it came in at 3210. That's with a full cage, fire system, 2 Racetech seats, and harnesses. Most of the interior has been stripped. Doors gutted. AC Removed. Lightweight battery.
Thats pretty heavy... but same equipment as mine. weird

that makes1456kgs ....

Last edited by Viperguy324; 05-29-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
555ideways
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 36652
Join Date: May 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Default

Kilo's only guys. Let's make easy to relate for everyone
555ideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #5
MSI
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 95419
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: montreal
Default

we will weigh our bare shell once back from paint to give a starting point as well.
Aluminum fasteners ?
MSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSI View Post
we will weigh our bare shell once back from paint to give a starting point as well.
Aluminum fasteners ?
I have been using them on non-structure/safety spots.

Even my Harness is chopped.
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
MSI
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 95419
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: montreal
Default

You should be able to shave more off in my opinion ... what exhaust, intercooler rad are you using (material and size) ... some of those front mount units that are poorely thought off weight over 50 lbs ... massive for nothing ..

Same thing with look a like carbon wings ...
MSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSI View Post
You should be able to shave more off in my opinion ... what exhaust, intercooler rad are you using (material and size) ... some of those front mount units that are poorely thought off weight over 50 lbs ... massive for nothing ..

Same thing with look a like carbon wings ...
Standard Radiator, Standard Top Mount. exhaust is Spec-C Hi flow cat to Invidia N1 cat back. Not many options with TS..

Last edited by Viperguy324; 05-29-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
mav1c
Hoodbridge!
Moderator
 
Member#: 560
Join Date: Nov 1999
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Vehicle:
2006 STi, '11 A4
Crystal Gray, Silver

Default

I'm running a Koyo Aluminum radiator and APS TMIC. Also running the MadDad dual dump downpipe w/cat, and Perrin catback, so it's definitely not the lightest setup. I've been contemplating getting a custom straight exhasut from the DP back, but haven't looked into it yet. I've also got the Oswald Performance front bumper beam that will be going on soon, so that'll shave off some weight from the front.

Last edited by mav1c; 05-29-2010 at 10:23 PM.
mav1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #10
MSI
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 95419
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: montreal
Default

Well, if you can get someone to work with inconnel, you can save a bundle of weight on the exhaust. We are going to contact griffon to help us out with the rad and intercooler I think.
Since we are going to make the front end removable, we can put the units top to bottom or side to side ... make them more efficient, so smaller = lighter.

Were did you get the aluminum fasteners from?
MSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #11
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSI View Post
Well, if you can get someone to work with inconnel, you can save a bundle of weight on the exhaust. We are going to contact griffon to help us out with the rad and intercooler I think.
Since we are going to make the front end removable, we can put the units top to bottom or side to side ... make them more efficient, so smaller = lighter.

Were did you get the aluminum fasteners from?
Pro-Bolt.. also known as tastynuts.com

Last edited by Viperguy324; 05-31-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
toomuch
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 76497
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: South Puget Sound
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza
WRB

Default

My stage rally car is about 3000lbs, It is 3100 with a spare (60lbs) and required saftey gear, 2 fire bottles, tow strap, spill kit, 3 triangles, spill kit, jack.
2006 STI Rally America Super Production Class so it retains most of the stock accessories less A/C, anti-lock brakes, still has door bars, door cards, stock dash, bumper beams. We went to great lengths to lighten the car were it is allowed. We are required to run at 3200lbs, I have two lead ingots we bolt to the rear floor board to get to 3220 with a 1/4 tank fuel.
toomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:10 PM   #13
Viperguy324
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 121108
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Trier, Germany
Vehicle:
2006 06 Spec C
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
My stage rally car is about 3000lbs, It is 3100 with a spare (60lbs) and required saftey gear, 2 fire bottles, tow strap, spill kit, 3 triangles, spill kit, jack.
2006 STI Rally America Super Production Class so it retains most of the stock accessories less A/C, anti-lock brakes, still has door bars, door cards, stock dash, bumper beams. We went to great lengths to lighten the car were it is allowed. We are required to run at 3200lbs, I have two lead ingots we bolt to the rear floor board to get to 3220 with a 1/4 tank fuel.
Heavy
Viperguy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to cage...or not to cage...? IllNastyImpreza Motorsports 24 05-14-2007 07:58 PM
GTSPEC Trunk Cage for GC/GD Impreza keirnna Brakes, Steering & Suspension 0 01-04-2007 08:05 PM
BC / GC / GD FIA Group N Roll Cage Kits Shipped to You Starting at Just $829 Safe Drives Interior/Dressup/Audio & Security 3 01-13-2005 01:03 PM
MazWorx Harness Bar, Drag Cage, Drift Cage, etc, etc GSCMotorsports.com Vendor 'Group Buy' Classifieds 15 01-06-2005 05:56 AM
Pre-moving sale: Weights/bench, bird cage mexicanpizza Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC 2 08-04-2003 06:44 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.